Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science without Religion is lame
Science without Religion is lame
Science is lame Religion is blind
Albert Einstein quoted

Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind

Science seems to be based on evidence and technology. Science lacks inspiration as it seems to be in the mode of irrelement conclussions' Making Science lame for the imagination of the darkest. In the context of the size of the universe, if science tries envisioning the scale of Universe they would tend to ignore the many possibilities. Today's science acknowledges dealing with vast lack of knowledge of dark matter and dark energy, is humbling to our minds.Yet, Einstein quoted the most incomprehensible thing about Universe is the Universe comprehensible

Religion without Science is blind

Increase our knowledge without growing spiritually is lacking strength and balance. If anyone has not made a mistake may have not tried many new things and most likely living in denial. Tiring to find science through Religion that is based on the dark ages and low consciousness hardship makes living for today, incomprehensible.

Religion lacks a great deal of science as most profession scientist go lack the belief in magic and in God. Religion on a scale of 1 to 10 Religion is on a scale of 2 and non believer of God on a scale of 8 Universe is all connected, yet, tend to separate, Religion tends to be based on magic and experience.

Do you find Science technology is indistinguishable from magic?

RE: Science without Religion is lame
Nope, technology is magical...

The hell are you?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 5, 2011 at 11:24 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Nope,
The hell are you?

An artist from Canadian

technology is magical...ROFLOL

Canadian artists? Clever name for the people that managed to ruin bacon and then ruin pizza by sticking the ruined bacon on it... -_-

I believe that religion has always tried to hold science back, thankfully science has the facts, whereas religion has only faith. Big Grin
(June 6, 2011 at 2:07 am)jordi Wrote: I believe that religion has always tried to hold science back, thankfully science has the facts, whereas religion has only faith. Big Grin

All science and intersubjectivity itself have is faith as well.
Yes, but science, admits its weaknesses, whereas people of faith say that every single word in the bible must be accepted as truth, because it was written with divine insipiration.
Technology is not a magic.

with some basic understanding of algebra you can learn some electrical engineering and build your own circuits.

with a basic understanding of a programming language syntax you can write rudimentary programs.

with some basic biology you can understand how single cells replicate themselves through DNA

Without understanding these all seem like magic although they are rooted in simple laws and principles. Once you understand the building blocks and tools of a discipline then you may start to see the larger picture.

Also I'm about to rant, feel free to ignore. It is terrible cliche to quote Einstein as being religious. He was not a religious man but used religious metaphors. You might as well use Stephan Hawkins quote from his first book about knowning the mind of God. Oh wait he lived ling enough to correct his mistake of leaving a metaphor open to be taken literally and has since clarified.
I understand algebra is magical. That is why it works.

I understand languages are magical. That is why they work.

I understand that replication of all kinds is magical. That's how it works.

Ultimately I don't give half of my left ankle as to how something works past amusing banter... so long as it does work.
Einstein shoulda stuck with physics.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44107 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58122 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6045 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion dyresand 28 7321 December 29, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand
Exclamation Without God You will Fail! Gods Squad 110 16834 October 19, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  How to prove Christianity is right without trying very hard Dystopia 6 3718 July 15, 2015 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  How to Prove Your Own Position without Trying Very Hard Randy Carson 59 11692 July 14, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity Nope 30 9742 June 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is it possible to be "born again" without faith? naturestubbs1 11 3874 July 9, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  See if you can watch 30 seconds of this Video without facepalming OhWord 18 4936 May 31, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: BlackSwordsman