Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:21 am

Poll: (Be honest and Vote) I personally feel that homosexuals ...
This poll is closed.
are kinda weird, but as long as they're not too flagrant about it - I don't mind.
6.98%
3 6.98%
are living a life of sin and are an abomination according to the written words of my god.
2.33%
1 2.33%
are normal people who deserve all the rights I afford myself.
90.70%
39 90.70%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray Away the Gay
Pray Away the Gay
The established medical community is in agreement ... homosexuality is not a choice.
This is not a theory or a hypothesis waiting to be confirmed. Medical science has found that a person's sexuality, although potentially very complex, is not a choice one makes.

That being said ... guess who still thinks homosexuality is a sickness that can be cured??
(3:38 to end tells how their organization truly feels about homosexuality)

.... and don't you love how religious families (you know the people who are supposed to love you regardless) treat their gay children ...

Follow that up with hundreds of testimonials like this one ...
(Yep, complete with dipshit parents and attempted suicide ... gee thanks for the help)

And finally an apology from the gay founder of Exodus International.
Yeah, even he realized that fighting what nature made you will only lead to unhappiness.

Michael Bussee's Written Apology
Michael Bussee Wrote:...not one of the hundreds of people that we counseled became straight. Instead, many of our clients began to fall apart – sinking deeper into patterns of guilt, anxiety and self-loathing.

And yet, despite all this, they are right ... and reason, logic and medical science is wrong. Ah yes ... the arrogance of Christianity.

[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Pray Away the Gay
My choice is not listed.
(June 7, 2011 at 1:05 am)Minimalist Wrote: My choice is not listed.

Feel free to post your vote Min ... you got me curious now.

Your choices are to limited. Try expanding them a bit.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 7, 2011 at 1:09 am)Godschild Wrote: Your choices are to limited. Try expanding them a bit.

You can always post your answer to the vote. Please do feel free.

Godschild chooses answer #4 Other:

Quote:are kinda weird, but are normal people citizens who deserve all the rights I afford myself granted by the constitution.

I guess this is as close as I can get.
(June 7, 2011 at 1:14 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: [quote='Godschild' pid='143179' dateline='1307423348']
Your choices are to limited. Try expanding them a bit.

You can always post your answer to the vote. Please do feel free.

Godschild chooses answer #4 Other:

(June 7, 2011 at 1:19 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:are kinda weird, but are normal people citizens who deserve all the rights I afford myself granted by the constitution.

I guess this is as close as I can get.

I understand. I use to share that same perspective. I equate that view to keeping homosexuals at arms length - and that's certainly your right to do.

They should have every right that we hetero's have.

i have 3 gay friends im all for it and i feel as confortable around them as a girl hitting on me ( if a gay man hits on you its a complement.... some would say there pickyer than girls ) my girl friend thinks so too Smile
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
(June 7, 2011 at 1:51 am)bbrettle Wrote: i have 3 gay friends im all for it and i feel as confortable around them as a girl hitting on me ( if a gay man hits on you its a complement.... some would say there pickyer than girls ) my girl friend thinks so too Smile

I've learned how to take it as a compliment as well. (Unfortunately ... that was not always the case and I regret a handful of stupid bigoted statements I made in my youth.)

EDITED for clarity.

yeah sometimes they can overstep there boundries.... but then again so can women.... good topic though none the less
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 998 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2422 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4213 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Next Time - Pray for Driving Lessons Minimalist 23 5002 February 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: themonkeyman
  I guess they didn't pray hard enough Doubting Thomas 20 8434 October 4, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Did They Not Pray Hard Enough Minimalist 137 50511 August 7, 2013 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Parents who believe in faith healing let their child die and they get away with it. Ziploc Surprise 3 1909 June 11, 2012 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Navy atheist required to pray, say “Amen”, and feign hatred of atheists reverendjeremiah 19 8541 February 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24840 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Pray for the poor reverendjeremiah 5 1705 December 7, 2011 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn