Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circumcision Ban
Circumcision Ban
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/10...pposition/

I really hope this is brought in. Wait until you're an adult, then if you're still deeply religious, give your CONSENT to have your foreskin cut off! Lets see how many people volunteer for it when they have a choice about it!
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
RE: Circumcision Ban
My question is not religious at all...

How does circumcision affect sex? Does it make it better for everyone... worse for someone... or worse for everyone?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Well that comes into it certainly. To guarantee that a child's future sex life will be anything less than it could be is a travesty.
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
(June 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: My question is not religious at all...

How does circumcision affect sex? Does it make it better for everyone... worse for someone... or worse for everyone?

You'd have to ask someone that had the surgery as an adult. It's nothing like female circumcision though, where they remove most of the ability to feel pleasure during sex. Personally, I'm circumsized & don't have nor have I ever heard any complaints.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I hate it, it should be banned. Anyone who thinks genital mutilation Is ok in the 21st century is a neandathol.

Enjoy this video of Hitchens vs Rabbi Schmuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZTS6iVpSPI

Good night!
(June 10, 2011 at 5:36 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I hate it, it should be banned. Anyone who thinks genital mutilation Is ok in the 21st century is a neandathol.

I really think you need to learn what gentital mutilation actually is.
Circumcision isn't actually genital mutilation you know... It's just removing extra skin on the penis.
So what? What if people suffer from phimosis, are you going to like them suffer through it their whole life if circumcision was banned?
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
Just tell the xtian shitheads that the muslim shitheads are opposed to this initiative and their opposition will evaporate.
(June 10, 2011 at 11:37 pm)Jax Wrote:
(June 10, 2011 at 5:36 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I hate it, it should be banned. Anyone who thinks genital mutilation Is ok in the 21st century is a neandathol.

Circumcision isn't actually genital mutilation you know... It's just removing extra skin on the penis.
So what? What if people suffer from phimosis, are you going to like them suffer through it their whole life if circumcision was banned?

No one is advocating banning circumcision when medically indicated.

The statement that it's "just removing extra skin" is the same justification used for FGM.

The fact is that this piece of "extra skin", as you put it, contains 90% of the nerve endings in the penis.
Removing it will make sex less pleasurable, and may make it difficult to get an erection come
middle-age or later.

The skin on the end of the penis is a mucus membrane. It is supposed to be kept moist. A circumcised
penis dries out - causing it irritation until the nerves "get used to it". This irritation would be similar to
what you'd feel if your nose or mouth dried out completely.

In some cases, when the circumcision is done "high and tight", it makes erections difficult and painful
throughout life.

In more rare instances, there are complications or accidents that happen with the circumcision. The most
severe of these is death from either blood loss or infection. The next most severe complication is
accidental amputation of the baby boy's penis. They can be botched in ways that it disfigures the child

Regardless of the prevalence of these risks, is it wise to expose an infant to any needless risk?

Is it ever right to perform cosmetic surgery on an unconsenting person? If they want to be circumcised
after they are of legal age, that would be okay, so long as the person were informed of the risks and
consequences.

Call it what you like, but it is unnecessary cutting - mutilation - of a healthy body part.

Beth
(June 10, 2011 at 5:06 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(June 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: My question is not religious at all...

You'd have to ask someone that had the surgery as an adult. It's nothing like female circumcision though, where they remove most of the ability to feel pleasure during sex. Personally, I'm circumsized & don't have nor have I ever heard any complaints.

Actually, it removes much of a male's pleasure as well; most of those nerves are in the foreskin. Also, the glans, which would normally be much softer as it is protected, is exposed, the skin becomes much less supple and loses sensitivity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreskin (caution, contains photos of erect, intact, and cut penises).

Presumably God does not want you to enjoy the pleasure "he" created. Circumcision is a major industry in the USA for docs - about $300 a pop. Plus if you ever wondered where all those personal care products that have human proteins in them . . . from The Tyee (British Columbia, Can. magazine: http://thetyee.ca/Views/2007/01/30/Foreskin/ )

Wonder why "ribbed" condoms are popular with some women? The ribs take the place of what the foreskin would do if it were still there. There is even a "cottage industry" of sorts to restore foreskins without surgery, though no amount of work will ever restore the lost nerves.

And does circumcision hurt? Ever see one done to a baby?

And it ain't just men that want to have baby boys circumcised. My (ex-)wife rattled off the entire litany of reasons given why it should be done (he should look like you, &c). Her midwife finally talked her out of it (the midwife did not do them and strongly encouraged against it - yes, there are still a few midwives in the USA - good thing too, because ofttimes hospitals don't ask first - $300).

But it took another woman to convince my ex- that our son should be allowed to choose for himself which body parts he wants lopped off. No amount of discussion from Dad would do. He chose not to as an adult.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
(June 10, 2011 at 11:37 pm)Jax Wrote:

No I wouldn't let people suffer, I would agree with circumvision on medical grounds, but just for tradition is disgusting.

Surely genital mutilation is a change to the sexual organ. So I think I am correct in circumcision being genital mutilation. If I'm wrong I apologise. But how you can say 'it's just extra skin' is a bit silly.

I don't even want to go near female genital mutilation by muslims as is makes me feel queasy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens GUBU 64 6350 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Should circumcision be illegal? Alexmahone 117 16999 May 2, 2018 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Circumcision Der/die AtheistIn 51 9663 August 4, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Facebook To Ban Religious Posts and Memes SteelCurtain 32 12269 January 22, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: dyresand
Exclamation Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?! Woody68 9 3980 August 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Ban forced religious studies in schools xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 44 14380 March 5, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: jstrodel
  Ban all discrimination towards athiests xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 11 3559 March 3, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx
  Ban religion to be forced on by parents xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 5 1850 March 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx
  German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault Ashendant 111 44011 July 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Hovik