Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silly Creationist
Silly Creationist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME30pPBw58

How stupid must one be to ignore the evidence for evolution by natural selection?
I see this as a disgrace to the human mind to be honest.

One of my best friends is agnostic and he isn't convinced by evolution (I narrow this down to him not having an understanding of anything scientific) and no matter how much material I throw at him whether it be books, articles or lectures he still is not convinced... I try not to argue with him because I know he is too stubborn to see the probable truth, but I find it very difficult when he says something stupid like: "how can evolution be true when womens genitalia can tear during child birth?". Ignorance certainly is not bliss.

This is how I see creationists; either they do not want to see the truth or they simply do not understand simple ideas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cunt
RE: Silly Creationist
(June 13, 2011 at 11:05 am)frankiej Wrote: something stupid like: "how can evolution be true when womens genitalia can tear during child birth?". Ignorance certainly is not bliss.

This is how I see creationists; either they do not want to see the truth or they simply do not understand simple ideas.

What's your creationist friend got in mind, the curse upon women from the garden of Eden?
It's kind of uneven the way this curse plays out, some suffer a bit, some a lot, many died not so long ago.
Ah but I'm just a flawed human looking for consistency from the perfect being.

I've seen video of an old time southerner describing the anatomy of a black man.
A high ass and a different nose, bigger lips obviously more primitive, closer to an ape, so he explained.
What went wrong? It seemed these guys were trying to work evolution into their world view.

(I often do parody, sarcasm and irony, I think it's obvious but I am new).

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
I just find it strange because my friend is not religious and doesn't believe there is or isn't a God as he says when there is evidence stronger than evidence for the other he will make a decision but he with the evidence of evolution he somehow dismisses that in everyway. There is just no argueing with some people.

And yes, I agree with what your hat says.
Cunt
(June 13, 2011 at 11:47 am)frankiej Wrote: I just find it strange because my friend is not religious and doesn't believe there is or isn't a God as he says when there is evidence stronger than evidence for the other he will make a decision but he with the evidence of evolution he somehow dismisses that in everyway. There is just no argueing with some people.

And yes, I agree with what your hat says.

Have you tried hitting him with rolled up newspaper?
I have, on 3 separate occasions... no luck Sad
Cunt
Yet another attempt to undermine pretty much all that's fact. These museums are there to confuse people, as it adds legitimacy to a bullshit concept. If it exists as a tangible display than more will start to believe it, it happens all the time. My advice is to ignore these pathetic displays, the more attention the more will use this pseudoscience bullshit to justify their own pathetic blend of backasswards beliefs.
If god created all of us in his image, he must have been a real pussy and an irrational idiot to boot. Think about it, humans are fragile as can be, any living thing could kill us. Not to mention the fact that humans are the only species to kill over even the slightest differences.
(June 13, 2011 at 11:56 am)frankiej Wrote: I have, on 3 separate occasions... no luck Sad

Quote:when there is evidence stronger than evidence for the other

What is the other?
Is this guy a croûton? (1)
I would have thought the rolled up news paper would have had an effect otherwise.

(1) croûton is a word used by people (maybe just me) who like the sound of Cretan but don't wish to insult the people of Crete.
Yes it is also a dried bread thing sometimes put in soup.
Must make American atheists really angry!
One of the things that sort of amuses me about creationists is how angry they become when being reminded they evolved from apes. I find the evolutionary process fascinating and take great pleasure in knowing how man came to be....not being made by a creator in his own ( human ) image and having to be eternally grateful as a result!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(June 13, 2011 at 12:52 pm)bozo Wrote: Must make American atheists really angry!
One of the things that sort of amuses me about creationists is how angry they become when being reminded they evolved from apes. I find the evolutionary process fascinating and take great pleasure in knowing how man came to be....not being made by a creator in his own ( human ) image and having to be eternally grateful as a result!

I agree, evolution is a subject that you can really just immerse your self in its natural wonder.
Cunt
You guys have seen this, I hope:

http://www.buffalobeast.com/117/let_ther...etards.htm
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Typical Christian/creationist stupidity. bussta33 12 3817 February 1, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Silly things you misunderstood about religion as a child Cecelia 51 12865 September 17, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  No, You Silly Twat....Oliver Got It Exactly Right Minimalist 7 3419 August 20, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: NoFaith2Burn4
  Physicist creationist piterski123 33 8562 May 1, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: piterski123
  "Creationist" is too broad a term. Rampant.A.I. 19 5094 July 3, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court JesusHChrist 46 23023 April 11, 2013 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Garuda
  Creationist Science teacher D-MITCH777 18 5545 December 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Debating with a creationist The Omnissiunt One 12 4963 February 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Portsmouth creationist museum downbeatplumb 9 3370 July 14, 2010 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Jaysyn