Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have Any Evidence for Atheism?
What Evidence is There For Atheism?
What evidence is there for atheism, the belief that God does not exist?

If there is no such evidence why believe something without evidence?
Do You Have Any Evidence for Atheism?
Do you have any evidence for atheism? If not, then why believe that God does not exist?

Wouldn't it be smarter to be agnostic and say you are not sure if God exists or not.
RE: Do You Have Any Evidence for Atheism?
Why do we need evidence to not believe in something? Do you have evidence that unicorns don't exist? You're just trying to shift the burden of proof.

Oh and I'm an atheist who is not 100% sure if there is a god or not. It's just fairly obvious that all gods were made up by mankind and I don't believe any exist.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: What Evidence is There For Atheism?
Firstly atheism is lack of belief. Also the burden of proof is on you. Since you're the one who's claiming anything.

Is anyone here keeping tally on the amount of people like him that come here with this?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You believe God does not exist. That's atheism. Yet you have no evidence for your claim. Why believe something you have no evidence for? Seems illogical.

The evidence there are no unicorns is we should have found fossil remains by now.

(July 15, 2011 at 6:06 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Firstly atheism is lack of belief. Also the burden of proof is on you. Since you're the one who's claiming anything.

Is anyone here keeping tally on the amount of people like him that come here with this?

I am not the one making a claim, you are. You are saying God does not exist so you need evidence.

Lack of belief due to lack of evidence either way is agnosticism.

The word in the English language to claim God does not exist is atheism. You are confusing terms.

Seems like you are embarrassed by being an atheist so you redefine it as the definition for agnosticism.
I don't believe that God does not exist. I don't believe that God does exist. My atheism is not based upon belief.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(July 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm)envolve Wrote: You believe God does not exist. That's atheism.

Wrong.
Some atheists believe god doesn't exist.
All that is necessary to be an atheist is not to believe god exists.
There's a difference, but it's probably too subtle for an antagonistic theist.
[Image: BlogSig.png][Image: sigimage.php?un=DaveD&t=182116&c1=7f5217...&c4=7f5217]
No. Let's make an analogy, a well know one.

Saying atheism is a belief is like saying watching a TV that has been turned........
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(July 15, 2011 at 6:13 pm)envolve Wrote: I am not the one making a claim, you are. You are saying God does not exist so you need evidence.

That's bullshit. Lack of belief in something is not necessarily a claim. The real claim here is that god exists, which atheists don't agree with. You prove god exists or you don't have a leg to stand on with the above ludicrous assertion.

(July 15, 2011 at 6:13 pm)envolve Wrote: Lack of belief due to lack of evidence either way is agnosticism.

That is incorrect.

(July 15, 2011 at 6:13 pm)envolve Wrote: The word in the English language to claim God does not exist is atheism. You are confusing terms.

No, he is not. You are. You are also adding a word to a definition to suit this thread. I get the sense that you are here to antagonize anyway.

(July 15, 2011 at 6:13 pm)envolve Wrote: Seems like you are embarrassed by being an atheist so you redefine it as the definition for agnosticism.

That is not what it "sounds" like at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6673 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 4924 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4100 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 13542 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2906 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? PETE_ROSE 455 101556 April 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9624 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 49376 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  Do you see any benefits to religious faith? Mudhammam 228 31008 September 22, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Someone, Show me Evidence of God. ScienceAf 85 11525 September 12, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist