Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your first album
Your first album
What is the first album you got or bought?

The first one I bought with my own money was Smash Mouth's "Astro Lounge". I had for weeks collected every single penny I got and went happily to my favorite music store. The dude on the other side of the counter was not too happy when I paid only with small coins, but I got my cd. It was a good purchase, still love it Big Grin

[Image: 220px-Astro_lounge.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Your first album
Jungles of Jupiter by Toyah
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
This is going to date me a little bit but my first album was actually a cassette, and surprise surprise it was Faith No More's 'The Real Thing.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This definitely dates me, too. The first one I bought with my own money was The Wall - By Pink Floyd. On vinyl. In 1979.
Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park
[Image: Hybrid-Theory-LP.jpg]
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I guess that it was a Beatles album, back in the days when there were only the old CD masters. As for the first CD I actually paid for, I don't exactly remember, although I think it may have been Highway 61 revisited or The Dark Side of the Moon. Yeah, it took me a while before I started to branch out my musical tastes, but by this point in my life, I can almost stand to listen to current Top 40 radio.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Lovely albums, but I'm a little bit disappointed, though. Where are all the horrible vinyls, cassettes and cds that people are ashamed of that they ever bought? Did everyone really have good taste in music right from the start? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I had over 6000 albums and 13000 12" singles. I really cant recall which one I got first. I was a radio DJ for a local radio station in Essen.

First single I do remember, it was "Message in a bottle" by The Police.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
6000? Whoa, that's awesome! Big Grin

(July 20, 2011 at 7:38 am)Kayenneh Wrote: What is the first album you got or bought?

The first one I bought with my own money was Smash Mouth's "Astro Lounge". I had for weeks collected every single penny I got and went happily to my favorite music store. The dude on the other side of the counter was not too happy when I paid only with small coins, but I got my cd. It was a good purchase, still love it Big Grin

First ever was a Chuck Berry Live Album,in about 1962. Loved it.

Did not become an Elvis fan until I saw his comeback concert,live by satellite from Las Vegas in 1969. Before that, I preferred Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry---and Wanda Jackson,Queen of Rockabilly. (after the Beatles of course)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs of your first crush....... Brian37 16 1643 April 3, 2020 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Finished My New Album Edwardo Piet 20 2215 January 21, 2018 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What Is Your Favorite Music Album Of All Time? Edwardo Piet 30 3546 December 5, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Favorite Pink Floyd Album & Song vulcanlogician 28 6780 December 2, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Steven Wilson's new album is expected to be number 1 in the UK Edwardo Piet 0 555 August 26, 2017 at 4:57 pm
  I Finished My First Album Edwardo Piet 17 3279 July 11, 2017 at 12:04 pm
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4533 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  FNM to release new album after 18 years!! Michelle_Patton 1 722 September 2, 2014 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Album art designer Storm Thorgerson dies popeyespappy 0 927 April 19, 2013 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Joe Bonamassa's new album frankiej 5 4224 May 30, 2012 at 11:39 am
Last Post: frankiej