Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An argument against Adam and Eve
An argument against Adam and Eve
I just thought about a certain argument that I had with my grandma and dad a few years back. The end result was them closing off their minds and ignoring me completely. Perhaps you all may see a point here.

Okay, so Adam and Eve were created in the garden of eden, all perfect and stuff. Just sitting there, then good ol' god comes along and basically says "Ya see these fuits on this tree? Yeah, don't eat those." God is commanding this to them while they have no knowledge of anything, at all. So they abide by this decree. Until OH NO! A talking snake that is supposed to be satan! Yeah, whatever. So this talking snake comes along and convinces them to defy gods demand. These two people know absolutely nothing so I bet that it wasn't that difficult. So they eat the fruit and bam! They know things now! But wait! Here comes big bad god to teach them a lesson! "I fuck thee up!" He says. (Okay, perhaps not those exact words) They are then banished from the garden of eden and here we be.

Here is the main problem with such a story. If Adam and Eve have ZERO knowledge at this point, how is it that they were supposed to know the differences between god's word and satan's word? Not only that, but why punish them if they had NO CLUE UNTIL they ate it? Absolutely no second chances? Why was the tree so important that if tampered with it will piss the almighty god off? Would YOU punish a little kid who was told to stab a person even though he/she had no knowledge of the horrible nature of that action?

This story alone destroys all credibility of that moronic book that so many people base their lives on. This may have been brought up before, but I wanted to say my take on it.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
RE: An argument against Adam and Eve
lol "I fuck thee up." that made me crack up. but yeah i tried to explain this same exact reasoning to my grandma but she just ignored me.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
Meh, doesn't matter how unfair or cruel it seems. It also doesn't matter how idiotic the whole thing comes across as. The only important thing one needs to understand about the story of Adam and Eve, is that it didn't happen.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
True but you can never argue the ignorant out of believing such shit.
Only the very ignorant and the very foolish can believe such things, and they are beyond help.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
That's the best argument I've ever heard.

Kudos for the level of ignorance displayed there. You must be like, 10th Dan or something. Ninja's beware : intellectual coming though!

(now please join the end of the clue to recieve your 'Rational Skeptics' badge. Wear it with honour young padawan! Smile )
(July 30, 2011 at 6:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: That's the best argument I've ever heard.

Kudos for the level of ignorance displayed there. You must be like, 10th Dan or something. Ninja's beware : intellectual coming though!

(now please join the end of the clue to recieve your 'Rational Skeptics' badge. Wear it with honour young padawan! Smile )

Care to clarify?

[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
(July 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm)Killman Wrote: Care to clarify?

I wouldn't recommend asking fr0d0 for clarification Tiny Tiger I usually 'get' him, but few others seem to Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah, Frodo won't clarify anything. He never has. Tongue
He'll call you ignorant then walk off. You'll get used to him, the rest of us have. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Well if you read your source, you would find the words: "knowledge of good and evil".

Quote:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
So God had given Adam knowledge enough to work and take care of the garden.

Preceeding that:
Quote: 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
...we have God creating mankind in his own image, with knowledge enough to rule.

Your premise seems not to address the information you're commmenting on. "NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL" is a fabrication of your own invention.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1055 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13525 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  My argument against God(s) & omnipresence ErGingerbreadMandude 8 2171 June 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Shadow_Man
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3272 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10026 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36765 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  C.S. Lewis and the Argument From Morality Jenny A 15 6207 August 3, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19412 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Adam and Eve's IQ Brakeman 61 11057 April 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience? Greatest I am 82 16985 September 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am