Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Students Hit Hard In Debt Deal
Graduate Students Hit Hard In Debt Deal

HuffPost College
August 1, 2011

The debt deal reached by Congressional leaders and President Obama would keep the nation from defaulting on its loans, but it would make graduate school much more expensive for many graduate students.

From CNN Money:

As part of the savings to trim the deficits, Congress would scrap a special kind of federal loan for graduate students. So-called subsidized student loans don't charge students any interest on the principal of student loans until six months after students graduated.
In an email to The Huffington Post, Mark Kantrowitz of FinAid.org notes that "graduate students can defer repaying their federal student loans by capitalizing the interest. The debt deal merely changes the $8,500 in subsidized loans to unsubsidized." (Full Article)

I know this article worries the college age kid's of every Congress person now serving on the Hill. /sarcasm
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Graduate Students Hit Hard In Debt Deal
Of course, 'cause those Welfare-Graduate students are driving motherfucking Cadillacs everywhere!

No wonder they have police with assault weapons deployed -- you never know who the politicos are going to screw next!

Really, out of all the spending, they focus on graduate student financial aid?

WTF
Quote:they focus on graduate student financial aid?

They probably don't vote.
They're probably busy, another thing that those on the hill won't understand.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2216 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 355 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1309 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Green New Deal Yonadav 0 215 February 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Betsy DeVos protects for-profit colleges scamming students Cecelia 2 461 May 14, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 631 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 444 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony. Gawdzilla Sama 5 1522 September 16, 2017 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Kosh
  The Nazis Want To Permanently Queer The Deal Minimalist 2 599 July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4781 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope