Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof?
Proof?
Will anyone please show me why we are trying to censor certain kinds of language?

I feel really stupid for asking this, but I don't really understand why.
RE: Proof?
How is this a topic to do with mathematics? Do you want me to move it to Philosophy?
Because some people believe that they know what's best for other peoples eyes and ears. Does there have to be any more to it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I will answer all posts next time I post.
Because some people are offended by hearing derogatory comments directed at them, and they believe there to be some mystic right that they aren't allowed to be offended.

I say they need to get over it, nudity (ffs), and nationcide of enemies... but then they'd probably censor two of those words and the acronym like the pansies they are Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 4, 2011 at 8:04 pm)Emporion Wrote: Will anyone please show me why we are trying to censor certain kinds of language?

I feel really stupid for asking this, but I don't really understand why.

Huh?

Can you give an example?
This topic has everything to do with mathematics. So far, no one has given me a mathematically provable reason why there should be a list of "bad" words and that we shouldn't use them to attack people with them at all(except R'lyeh where we can only do some of it).
(August 4, 2011 at 11:32 pm)Emporion Wrote: This topic has everything to do with mathematics. So far, no one has given me a mathematically provable reason why there should be a list of "bad" words.

That is because that makes no fucking sense. Big Grin Sensibilities have naught to do with mathematics. I should know, I lack the former and suck at the latter.
(August 4, 2011 at 11:32 pm)Emporion Wrote: This topic has everything to do with mathematics. So far, no one has given me a mathematically provable reason why there should be a list of "bad" words and that we shouldn't use them to attack people with them at all(except ).

It's got NOTHING to do with math. You cannot prove which language should and should not be deemed as acceptable by a community in regards to "attacking" other members, it's all a matter of what the staff and community feel constitutes the best environment for our purposes.
(August 4, 2011 at 11:37 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(August 4, 2011 at 11:32 pm)Emporion Wrote: This topic has everything to do with mathematics. So far, no one has given me a mathematically provable reason why there should be a list of "bad" words.

That is because that makes no fucking sense. Big Grin Sensibilities have naught to do with mathematics. I should know, I lack the former and suck at the latter.

Duh! Emotions are the root of all of our problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cosmological Proof LinuxGal 53 3475 September 24, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] Criticism of Aquinas' First Way or of the Proof of God from Motion. spirit-salamander 75 6811 May 3, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6287 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Proof that I'm immortal Shantideva 64 4572 September 11, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  An easy proof that rational numbers are countable. Jehanne 7 2044 February 22, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who Has the Burden of Proof? Rhondazvous 10 3524 October 26, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  Proof Mind is Fundamental and Matter Doesn't Exist Rational AKD 348 79870 October 22, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Exclamation Proof For The Materialization Of Dream Objects Into Reality A Lucid Dreaming Atheist 15 3906 August 19, 2015 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Proof of God Harris 257 52606 May 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Eternal the originator of time - proof. Mystic 114 17080 April 19, 2015 at 2:00 am
Last Post: robvalue