Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragic Details Emerge on SEAL Team 6's Fatal Rescue Mission
Tragic Details Emerge on SEAL Team 6's Fatal Rescue Mission

The Atlantic Wire
August 7, 2011
Ujala Sehgal

Yesterday's news that 30 U.S. troops had died when the Taliban shot down a helicopter, marking the deadliest day for Americans in the war in Afghanistan, was met with mourning across the nation. Furthermore, details emerged that 22 of the troops killed were members of Navy SEAL Team 6, the elite unit that carried out the operation that killed Osama bin Laden (although none of those who died were participants in his death themselves). Considering how few members of the armed forces are Navy SEALs, the loss was called "unbearable."

Such tragic news after they got Bin Laden and now 22 of them are dead, in of all places, Afghanistan! Hell, that sucks.

Sad Rest in peace.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Tragic Details Emerge on SEAL Team 6's Fatal Rescue Mission
Quote:War is hell.

-- Gen. William T. Sherman
I guess that was only new news to Sherman.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(August 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: I guess that was only new news to Sherman.

That and his tanks were crap.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 8, 2011 at 6:32 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(August 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: I guess that was only new news to Sherman.

But they did make for cheap target practice for the PanzerwaffeBig Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

As they say in the Navy, "Fair winds and following seas" to those of SEAL team SIX. Their service was with honour.

James, Aviation Electronics Technician Petty Officer 1st Class, USN Retired-disabled.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Death is one of the many occupational hazards that one accepts as a professional soldier. Unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected.

Tyler, Infantry Dismount NCO-E5, US Army IRR.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 8, 2011 at 7:28 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

Oh sure, that's why Germany won world war 2. Smile

Brian Tracy
(August 8, 2011 at 7:28 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

But shermans did spawn faster than the Germans were able to spawn shells.

Regarding Seal team 6, isn't it quite odd that this team should be used as conventional shock force to relieve normal forces pinned down in an attack, rather than as an elite special missions force?

If you send in special forces to fight a conventional battle with conventional forces, it will be ground into dust.

Maybe it was a trade off to pacify Pakistan after the team killed Bin Laden. Maybe, so that Pakistan wouldn't go ape shit as they were because we entered their territory without their governments prior knowledge or approval so as to cap the scum that they knew we'd been looking for for years, the trade off was to annihilate seal team 6 in Bin Laden's homeland. That way all the terrorist radical psycho Muslims and their supporters are pacified that those responsible for the "martyrdom" of 9-11 rag head boy, are appeased so those psychotic violent members representing their sick twisted interpretation of a religion of peace, don't go bomb in rapid succession right here on American soil after activating the cells they've secreted among us.

I am not military, never was and don't pretend to know the protocols and strategies for battle or engagement of an enemy. However, it does sound strange this deployment. And as Chuck said, who sounds like he has a world of knowledge about this far superior to mine, it was a command decision that stood to grind seal team 6 to dust.

Why indeed, would an elite team of special forces be sent on what could be called a suicide mission over Afghanistan, just months after it made world news they'd put a bullet in Bin Laden?

I don't put anything past command, when we're already deployed in two hot zones where there's no real excuse to remain in country. It's government. Do you know how you can tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Brian Tracy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Team Normal" A Redneck atheist view. Brian37 0 281 June 17, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks Agnostico 169 6296 June 18, 2020 at 6:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our Mission Secular Elf 5 733 January 18, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Hillary Clinton's tech guy might have asked reddit how to remove details from emails Tiberius 10 1753 September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Republciunt Vaginal Inspection Team Loses Again Minimalist 0 515 May 27, 2015 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Attempting to rescue hostages Heywood 15 3261 December 6, 2014 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Should we rescue endangered languages? Angrboda 45 6259 September 6, 2014 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Cato
  Mission Accomplished! Minimalist 34 3859 June 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donut-fucker pig arrests firefighter in the middle of a rescue. Creed of Heresy 11 3944 February 7, 2014 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Political Dream Team gargantuan 21 6472 December 16, 2010 at 10:57 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen