Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pastor Compares Atheists to Sex Offenders.
Pastor Compares Atheists to Sex Offenders.
Ed Brayton notes over at Dispatches from the Culture War that internet pastor Mike Stahl has come up with an interesting idea to assist Christians in day-to-day life. According to Stahl, the nation should set up an “Atheist Registry” in order to provide an updated list of anyone who is a “self-proclaimed atheist,” just as you would do for people convicted of sex crimes or associating with terrorist groups.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/pastor-compa...istry.html
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Pastor Compares Atheists to Sex Offenders.
If that's true and he goes through with it, people need to call the ACLU. Utter bullshit.
I have to add that frightens me and pisses me off.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I don't know whether to laugh at its absurdity or get angry in utter disbelief! Thinking

I think laugh will be the healthier option for now Big Grin

Kind Regards,

Citereh
Kind Regards,

Citereh

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

"Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

I am deliberately withholding comments for now. I need a moment for this to sink in.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Pretty soon we'll have to wear A's sewn to our clothes so we can easily be identified in public.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This is making me a bit dizzy...

Morons like this shouldn't be allowed to hold any influence over anyone.
Cunt
Hey, it worked for Emma Stone in Easy A. That shit was HOT.

Considering the number of preachers who have been accused or convicted of rape going across The_Skeptic's facebook newsfeed, I don't think atheists are the ones who need to be marked.

And descending from a people who long had to wear some sort of identifying mark so that people would know who they were, to Stahl I say...

[Image: fuck_you_guys.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Fortunately, at least it seems like Stahl doesn't have the clout to make his ideas a reality.

P.S., there's one line that really interests me:
whose hearts are as hard as Pharaoh’s.

Maybe it would do these people some good to re-read the exodus story and learn just who hardened his heart in the first place:

Exodus 4:21
And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

Exodus 7:3
And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

Exodus 7:13
And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 9:12
And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

Exodus 10:1
And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:

Exodus 10:20
But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.

Exodus 10:27
But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

Exodus 11:10
And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Exodus 14:4
And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD.

Exodus 14:8
And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel

Exodus 14:17
I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
But somebody who does might try to pick up where leaves off.
(August 31, 2011 at 8:53 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: Pretty soon we'll have to wear A's sewn to our clothes so we can easily be identified in public.

I have one and proudly wear it!

http://store.richarddawkins.net/products...hirt-black

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a kink to have sex with certain atheist tribes? Woah0 5 757 September 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pastor Stephen Anderson Manowar 5 1169 November 6, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Would you have sex with a Christian fundamentalist? Jehanne 110 14857 February 2, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: GodCherry
Video Pastor Smack-a-bitch explaining Gods love. Mental Outlaw 4 1924 February 21, 2015 at 1:47 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  How Should We React When a ‘Militant Atheist’ Beats Up a Pastor? Gooders1002 40 13145 November 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Same sex marriage StatCrux 533 302790 January 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Girls! Show your contempt for religion -Have butt sex! Puddleglum 147 53905 September 15, 2012 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Puddleglum
  Pastor once told me we all naturally believe in god zentor 63 22649 June 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Holy freaking crap! Pastor attempts to impersonate an atheist, badly. Demonaura 9 3920 March 25, 2009 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: athoughtfulman