Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would a moral God step up to his responsibilities?

God cannot do miracles. If he could, he would.

From God’s POV, all here must be perfect. He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less. That’s scripture. It is to us to see things as he does.

From mankind’s POV, all here is not perfection. This contrary and wrong POV is promoted by religion and is generally accepted to some degree by most people. I tend to agree with God even as most do not.

From a moral stand point, most will agree, that if one sees a wrong that they can right; they will do the right thing and right the wrong. This is the right thing to do.

The fact that there are preventable human evil acts being perpetrated by mankind, supposedly created by God, and he does not act, means that a moral God does not exist.

A moral God takes responsibility and God is not stepping up. A moral God would. If he could that is. Just as all of us would. We are in his image and know that stepping up is a good idea.

Perhaps God is not the miracles working super God. You know the one. The one that man has created to hold all of his hopes and wishes, dreams and desires, loves, ---- and hates ---, and although never seen in any real way, --- believers will kill for Him. Insanity.

If God does exist, and is not moral, then what good is he to mankind or you?
Would you want life without morals?

No wonder then that Eve, the first to be as God/human, ----yes there is a difference, ---- had the wisdom to have adam/mankind, eat of it. What a wonderful myth.

Believers who follow a God without morals, Bible God, should question why they do.
God has a basis in reality but certainly not like the God without morals that has somehow been molded by what was initially, a rather beautiful ideas. The Bible.

To think and act God like, is to ----- do unto others.
If God creates man, then it should be for a best end. Not an evil end like hell. Fact is, many millions die daily of easily preventable cause. Allowed to by a miracle working God who just does not step up.

The fact that God, who by definition, would have the attribute of taking responsibility, as any good entity would, proves beyond any doubt that a moral miracle working God cannot exists.

And if there is a miracle working God, mankind should give him a thumbs down for his lack of morals.

Can a moral God exist?
Is it moral for God, who wants relevance to mankind, to not step up?
As a creator God does he have any responsibility to what he creates?

Regards
DL
RE: Would a moral God step up to his responsibilities?
Quote:He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less.

Fucked that up right off the bat, didn't he?
Couldn't even get the plane off the runway, let alone make a nonstop flight. Maybe he works for the russians?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Isn't the christian view that we messed up the world? And God doesn't see it as perfect, and that's why he is "coming back?"
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
Yep. Apparently we can be counted on to design a competent enclosure for chimps, but god, not so much. Some fucking design. The guy probably got his degree at BJU.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 12, 2011 at 4:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less.

Fucked that up right off the bat, didn't he?

To most, yes.

Regards
DL

(September 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: Isn't the christian view that we messed up the world? And God doesn't see it as perfect, and that's why he is "coming back?"

Yes. They do not believe the parts of the Bible that tell them the opposite.
That free will is part of perfection.

They foolishly think that----God's offer to do things his way or burn forever is free will when it is really a threat or joke.

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 546 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 467 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1332 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1971 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15160 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2154 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 29272 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12388 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30919 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21024 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball