Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answer Me This?
Answer Me This?
[Image: jesusfb.png]

This was a status posted by my aunt, and it's dumb enough on it's own. (In my opinion) The comment underneath is what makes this a special kind of stupid.

If Jesus is the answer for everyone, then why are their plenty of happy Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Deists, Atheists, and Wiccans?

It's this kind of nonthinking that is troublesome to those of us who are not under Christianity's magical spell. Understand?

If Jesus is the answer for all things, then why is the answer to the equation "2+2" FOUR? Why isn't it "Jesus"? Why hasn't Jesus answered things like... how to eradicate cancer from the planet, or why it's impossible to travel at the speed of light? The answer to both of these things is not Jesus.

Saying things like this might sound so wise to the people suffering from the same cult mentality that you are experiencing, but to the rest of the world, it just sounds like you are the dumbest person that ever lived.

The world doesn't belong to you, it doesn't revolve around you, and it doesn't agree with you.

Why do you think it does?
Oh, wait.. let me guess... Jesus!

Right?

RE: Answer Me This?
Well, it's on your Facebook. Go get 'em tiger. I'd call them out.
I wanted to, but my aunt and I have been through it before, and have agreed to disagree. she is the only one of my many aunts that I will be friends with on Facebook. Its mainly because after a really long and intense argument between us she deleted me saying "I don't want to know someone who does not know Jesus."

I accepted that, and continued to survive somehow. several days later she sent me a message apologizing to me for condemning me for my non-belief and went on to say that despite being an atheist, she thinks I'm a good person at heart. we made a pact to never comment on each other's statuses in disagreement.

I have forgiven her. she sees now that an athiest is capable of forgiveness, and we have a mutual respect for one another now.

besides, there's just no point. I have tried, so I know.

Pretty ironic on her part, since nobody knows Jesus. It's like telling someone, "I don't want to know anyone who doesn't know Tyrannosaurus Rex."
Trying to update my sig ...
"Jesus is the answer to all"

Why won't my car start?

!!!JESUS!!!

Where are the house keys?

!!!JESUS!!!

What is my work schedule for today?

!!!JESUS!!!

What is that horrible smell coming from under the house?

!!!JESUS!!!

Guess he isn't the answer to all, is he?

Except for maybe the last one.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Or ..
Why is my arm hanging by a bit of skin...
!! JEESUS!! (H fucking bloody christ!! Call 911 or 000 depending on the country of origin)
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Personally, I don't want to know anyone who doesn't know and recognize Thor.

[Image: thor_movie_chris_hemsworth_as_thor-t2.jpg]

See, I feel I know him and have an intensely personal relationship with him. Y'all couldn't know about this, as it usually plays out on the back of my eyelids. And by "know," I mean it in the Biblical sense.

Maybe that's what she meant?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Confused Fall OMGG!!

Mannnnn! Sandwich!!
*going off to drool somewhere private*

later edit...
Still drooling...... nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom!! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
is she friends with sarah palin?
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
Essentially it comes right down to "JUST YOU AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE OR DISBELIEVE"

meh Dodgy Why should anyone's belief be of concern to you Aleia?? No one will give you any kudos or prizes for worrying about others to the point of sacrificing your own development. NO ONE!! Devil

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2849 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10145 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15062 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18621 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 752183 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  20 ADAM AND EVE QUESTIONS PASTORS CANT ANSWER mumumugu 7 2574 August 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  10 Questions Every Christian Needs To Answer. Whateverist 63 13999 August 6, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  True or False ? Will Your Judgement Be Unbiased in Answer to the Question Revealed ? Coveredone 87 36741 April 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Finally the TRUE answer to why we have so many religions! reverendjeremiah 26 12016 February 10, 2012 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fifty Questions That Christians Can't Answer Shell B 313 148208 March 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Samson