Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly the worst thread ever. Even god agrees.
Big Grin 
Possibly the worst thread ever. Even god agrees.
See if you too can pick holes in the arguement.

http://www.talkjesus.com/seeking-jesus/1...heist.html
RE: Possibly the worst thread ever. Even god agrees.
The stupid, it burrrrnnnzzzzzz..........

What a bunch of self satisfied wankersAngry

The comment from Happy Cat was the only reasonably right one,

"Chad, if that doesn't get the point across to a non-believer, nothing will.
God bless you!"

She's right, but I suspect not in the way she meant.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I'm sorry I gave that page a view more than it deserved.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I stopped at the first question:

Quote:Dear Atheist,

Do you think its a coincidence that...
of billions of stars and planets in the many galaxies, only earth has life, and abundance of it?

Yes, just like winning the lottery and 10 million others didn't.

NEXT
Quote:Do you think its a coincidence that...
of billions of stars and planets in the many galaxies, only earth has life, and abundance of it?

Billions? Try a vastly larger, undefined, seemingly infinite number of stars, suns, planets, galaxies. The planet earth is the only planet KNOWN to have life. This statement neither proves or disproves a coincidence, nor a divine creator.

Quote:the sun is 400 times the size of the earth's moon, 400 times further away from earth than the moon, yet they look both proportionally the same size in our sky?

Holy fucking mother of chicken alfredo! This is a joke right? I've never been so blown away by stupid in my life. There are no words..

Quote:the sun lights the days nicely, while the moon glimmers in the night sweetly and the clouds bring forth rain to water our crops, which bring forth food in your stomach?

Who the fuck is this? Bob Ross? We wouldn't even fucking be here to ponder this bullshit if it weren't for our sun, clouds, rain, etc.

This proves nothing.

birds in the air whistle sweet songs and dogs show unconditional love?

ROFLOL

Is it not an established fact that birds sing to communicate, mostly for mating purposes? They make noises that are essential in the survival and continuation of their species existence. Not because Jesus wants you to have pleasant noises in the morning.. what a fucking ego!

Dogs would've unconditionally loved ripping your face off about 15,000 years ago. Humans domesticated them. I see google eludes this man...

Quote:your body heals naturally when you cut yourself, or you become sick and it goes away?

If I were god, I would make the beings I loved so much heal instantly, or not get hurt at all, for that matter. More importantly, if it weren't for the advancement of medical science, many people would die from things like cuts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from a head cold, stomach virus, etc, there are plenty of diseases that don't go away. People die from them every day. Other diseases can be cured, but not without extensive assistance from men and women with medical degrees. Try praying away cancer and see where that gets you.

Quote:humans have intangible senses, called emotions where we feel love, hate, anger, sadness, happiness, shock, confused, hurt, healed, and so forth?

And this proves the existence of god how?

"Healed" is an emotion now? This guy is a tard.

you were born from a lady's womb and you will die a death, without choice of either?

the complexity of dna is so mind boggling, that scientists worldwide now have gone from 'no god' to claiming a "Divine Creator"? (read)

your body's anatomy is complex, so fine and so articulate that you wonder how this "accident" came to be?

1. We are all born from a "lady's womb" because men don't have wombs, and yet men have nipples. Why do men have nipples?

2. I love how his proof is his own bullshit ramblings. I have never heard any serious scientist utter such unbelievable nonsense; and if I ever do, I am willing to bet he'd be laughed at hysterically and never taken seriously again.

3. Yes we are complex. Why didn't god just blink us into existence in some less complex form. He's god, right? So he couldn't have made us lovable beings just a smidge simpler. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make a species consisting mostly of blithering morons... like Chad.

I am skipping over the next ridiculously idiotic "points". I can't find the will to dignify any of that nonsense with comment, and I'm tired.

Maybe tomorrow...

What happened in that thread (I've read the whole thing) is exactly what I don't want to happen on this forum. Then entire thread and their links to the rules and Forum usage Agreement lead me to believe that the site is a Christian circle-jerk with people slapping each other on the back congratulating on how good Christians they are.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I don't know about anyone else, but thanks to these irrefutable proofs, I can no longer call myself an atheist.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 26, 2011 at 5:36 am)5thHorseman Wrote: See if you too can pick holes in the argument.

http://www.talkjesus.com/seeking-jesus/1...heist.html
Fuck me, Chad is for all intents and purposes, brain dead. How does he even manage to fucking feed himself?
(September 26, 2011 at 6:59 am)aleialoura Wrote: I am skipping over the next ridiculously idiotic "points". I can't find the will to dignify any of that nonsense with comment, and I'm tired.

I'm surprised you found the will to dignify any of that nonsense with a comment. Round of applause.
(September 26, 2011 at 7:48 am)Welsh cake Wrote: How does he even manage to fucking feed himself?

Is there any nutrition in stupidity? He could survive forever if there is.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ... Gawdzilla Sama 11 843 December 18, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6189 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7331 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 846 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1459 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14289 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3414 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  No Financial Inclusion Today! No Financial Inclusion Tomarrah! Or For Eternity, Even mascale 21 2105 August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do You Ever Miss God? Rhondazvous 75 20788 May 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1946 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris