Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My opinion - origin of the universe?
My opinion - origin of the universe?
Hopefully, I'm learning how to post in here, but I'm not sure yet so I guess you will let me know if I'm doing it wrong still.

I am of the opinion that the universe was created by intelligent design. That a Supreme Being created the universe out of nothing.

I would like to hear your opinions.

Smile

RE: My opinion - origin of the universe?
(September 27, 2011 at 9:09 am)Stucky Wrote: Hopefully, I'm learning how to post in here, but I'm not sure yet so I guess you will let me know if I'm doing it wrong still.

I am of the opinion that the universe was created by intelligent design. That a Supreme Being created the universe out of nothing.

Smile

First of all Stucky..didn't you do the "I'm Leaving thread" drama queen thing??

So to your opinion I disagree with you. Looking all around me I am of the opinion that should this godboy of the religious have made the universe he/she is one fucked up mofo.

There is NO "Intelligent design" that I can see.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 27, 2011 at 9:13 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(September 27, 2011 at 9:09 am)Stucky Wrote: Hopefully, I'm learning how to post in here, but I'm not sure yet so I guess you will let me know if I'm doing it wrong still.

Smile

First of all Stucky..didn't you do the "I'm Leaving thread" drama queen thing??

So to your opinion I disagree with you. Looking all around me I am of the opinion that should this godboy of the religious have made the universe he/she is one fucked up mofo.

There is NO "Intelligent design" that I can see.

Hi KichigaiNeko. Yep, I nsure did. That was when I was in my attention whore, drama queen mood. Today I'm in my hopeful mood.
I understand why you would feel the way you do looking around but don't you think that we, mankind, have ruined our world to the point it is today? What if it was perfect when we first started out and the more we did the more we ruined it until it is in bad shape like today?

Also, if it wasn't created, how did the universe come about (in your opinion)?
Welcome back. I'm of the opinion that you would need to provide evidence for this proposition if you wish for it to be taken seriously.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 27, 2011 at 9:20 am)Rhythm Wrote: Welcome back. I'm of the opinion that you would need to provide evidence for this proposition if you wish for it to be taken seriously.

Thanks for the welcome Rhythm. What evidence? I offer the universe and everything in it. If you disagree then simply answer my question to the opther poster, how did it all come about?

Intelligent design? Are you saying that everything is intelligently designed?

What about my colour-blindness? The majority of humanity having poor eye sight? The prostate gland, being prone to swelling, placed around a collapsible tube?... I could easily go on...

I don't see how anything like this or even this stuff that works in nature could be intelligently designed.
Cunt
(September 27, 2011 at 9:24 am)frankiej Wrote: Intelligent design? Are you saying that everything is intelligently designed?

What about my colour-blindness? The majority of humanity having poor eye sight? The prostate gland, being prone to swelling, placed around a collapsible tube?... I could easily go on...

I don't see how anything like this or even this stuff that works in nature could be intelligently designed.

Frankie, many things, like computers, are intelligently designed but they still have glitches. Why do you expect more of yourself then you do the world around you. The earth was designed, I believe, by an intelligent being, but we still have earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, etc. We don't live in a perfect world anymore because mankind has altered the intelligent design. The same with your aforementioned medical problems. Mankind has altered the human genome so we are not perfect anymore.

Again, an everything answer, is a nothing answer. If everything in existence is evidence of intelligent design, then it should be fairly easy for you to pick one thing and focus on it. I, unlike you, don't make claims to knowledge that we do not possess. The universe came from -we don't know-. If you wanted to focus on something specific I'd probably have more to offer. You're arguing for a "god of the gaps" here. I remain unconvinced. I also have to mention that placing god in the gaps of our knowledge has a track record of disappointing the faithful.

-There we go, a testable claim- At what point in history did mankind alter the human genome? By what means, what were the effects of this alteration? Do the results of genetic sequencing confirm this? Links to peer reviewed journals stating this hypothesis?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So, you could perhaps reach the conclusion of God not being perfect?

We were never perfect anyway. Saying that we were once perfect is ridiculous nonsense, and nonsense that you can't even begin to back up. A very stupid claim.
Cunt
(September 27, 2011 at 9:30 am)frankiej Wrote: So, you could perhaps reach the conclusion of God not being perfect?

We were never perfect anyway. Saying that we were once perfect is ridiculous nonsense, and nonsense that you can't even begin to back up. A very stupid claim.

Frankioe, thank you for calling me stupid but I am not going to rise to your bait today. Where did I say that God is not perfect? You say we never were, where is your evidence?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1843 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2252 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4040 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1752 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13288 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 752129 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? rado84 83 14300 July 15, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  What's your favorite (or the worst, in your opinion) bible passage? renatoab 22 4826 May 2, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Some Simple Questions show Atheistic Origin Science is false (proof 2 begins) SavedByGraceThruFaith 369 193012 October 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The universe appears "old", but it is still less than 10,000 years old Justtristo 402 219274 March 4, 2014 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd