Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State schools 'not providing group worship'
State schools 'not providing group worship'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14794472

Although this is from the start of September I thought I would post it anyway...

Quote:The Bishop of Oxford, the Right Reverend John Pritchard, said doing daily worship in schools was an "important statement"

"What we believe as a country is important in the education of our young people, so I think it is an important statement that the country makes to its schools and says will you please do this," he said.

"If schools refuse to do that, or fail to, then I think they need to be encouraged to do it, I wouldn't use the word enforced though at all."

The Bishop of Oxford can go suck on a decomposed rectum.
Cunt
RE: State schools 'not providing group worship'
I remember being forced to sing hymns in my primary school. Waste of my fucking childhood.
Yeah, as do I. I always got in trouble for "not praying"... Fucking assholes.
Cunt
Quote:doing daily worship in schools was an "important statement"

What's the important statement? That religious twits are STILL fucking assholes?
At my school we used to sing this song that went "what can make me whole again? nothing but the blood of jesus!" when I first heard that I told my teacher it sounded pretty creepy. Her Christian response? She yelled at me. Bitch.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
You have to keep up with the latest developments, SFA.

[Image: f6cb0d7e-39d9-4e7a-b6b8-7c3520cf0b78.jpg]

Yeah some of the hymns we had to sing were pretty strange. The one which sticks out in my memory though is "If I had a hammer". If at that point I actually did have a hammer I'd be using it bashing the skulls of all the pricks in that hall who were forcing me to sing to that stupid fucking song.
Teachers gave me a dirty look when I refused to sing, I ignored them and kept looking at all the girls in the hall. Religious nuts can't force me to do shit.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pFzDX9X3E18feature=sub
Theists changing my derision of religion is equivilent to pissing into the wind and expecting not to get wet.
If they're going to add religious shit into schools then I think we should add secular-humanism so they can be encouraged to question and think for themselves.

I think secular-humanism should readily challenge religion should religion try to force itself anywhere in society.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Brian37 54 3119 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Group hallucinations Fake Messiah 12 1828 April 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1403 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2584 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Worship and Emotion Astreja 32 8183 July 1, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: KerimF
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8281 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26267 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4629 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why worship? robvalue 103 19270 January 27, 2015 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  What could a omnipotent God want with the worship of humans? Lemonvariable72 58 10799 November 24, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0