Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook evil, or maybe not. New Iranian Fatwa.
Facebook evil, or maybe not. New Iranian Fatwa.
The supreme religious leader of Iran has issued a confusing and ambiguous fatwa on the subject of whether Facebook is evil or not in the eyes of the Koran.

Personally I think Facebook is evil, but not for religious reasons. Mostly because it is like the Borg Collective, and they seek to assimilate you.

The fatwa, and an attempt at an explanation of what it means and why it came about, can be found on Radio Free Europe (US official shortwave organ to east Europe and SW Asia). http://www.rferl.org/content/iran_suprem...60256.html
James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Facebook evil, or maybe not. New Iranian Fatwa.
The Assahollahs should stick to fatwas about throwing rocks at women. This modern shit is too much for medieval fucks.
Quote:"In general if it [Facebook] requires engaging in [immorality and evil acts] (such as spreading corruption, lies, and false materials) or if there is concern that it is sinful, or it strengthens the enemies of Islam and Muslims, it is not permissible. Otherwise it's fine," he wrote.

It's not Facebook that does this. It is the people who use it.

I will be using "you" as a general Facebook user. I myself I hate Facebook, for the simple fact that you can recreate yourself on a webpage that is nothing more than pixels of yourself posted all over. You can broadcast your life to people, but you only let them see what you want them too see.
You post up the best looking pics of yourself, you post pics of your nice houses, and cars, and families. Facebook is for publicity, you are pretty much advertising yourself to others around you. You add thousands of friends, yet I see posts on your wall, "Who are you?" and, "I don't know you, but you look cool so I added you." People are being so fake.

Could this be what the leader of Iran is meaning?

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(October 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote:

I am not sure. While I am not a student nor expert on either the Koran or Islam in general, my understanding is that graven images are prohibited. By my understanding of graven images the way they define it, that would include posting pictures of yourself or anyone else to Facebook.

Perhaps Rayaan could help me out here.
James.
[attachment=662]

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Agreed that FB is used "generally" by those who want their 15 seconds of fame / popularity contest. But then humans are just like that.

For me FB is a good way to keep 'In touch" with friends and family that are spread all over the planet. Otherwise I may never hear from them.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Agreed that FB is used "generally" by those who want their 15 seconds of fame / popularity contest. But then humans are just like that.

For me FB is a good way to keep 'In touch" with friends and family that are spread all over the planet. Otherwise I may never hear from them.

That's exactly what I use mine for. It's a great communication tool, don't get me wrong. But when you have 1000 friends and you're a 15 year old kid in highschool.. It's all a popularity contest, and it's sad.

(October 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote:
(October 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Agreed that FB is used "generally" by those who want their 15 seconds of fame / popularity contest. But then humans are just like that.

That's exactly what I use mine for. It's a great communication tool, don't get me wrong. But when you have 1000 friends and you're a 15 year old kid in highschool.. It's all a popularity contest, and it's sad.

Yeah...I heard some nonsense from some High school kids boasting about the number of friends they have...Just proving how useless they are really.

The bad part is at that age grouping "Friends and Acceptance" are everything.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

interesting discussion here...

I believe the supreme leader was merely stating that one must be careful using fb and other social networks.

It's like an ancient sword....it could be used for something evil like killing or used for something good like protecting yourself, family and friends.
Here are my thoughts on this:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7590 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2133 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  'Facebook blasphemer' given death penalty zebo-the-fat 11 2916 June 13, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fatwa declares suicide attacks as Haram Foxaèr 17 5899 June 5, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hafez - Iranian poet - worshiped?? drfuzzy 6 1239 February 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  This is why islam is vomitously evil. Brakeman 41 4919 January 21, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Fatwa allowing husband to eat his wife. Ksa 3 1822 April 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Pork Is Actually Halal...Sort Of....Maybe? ReptilianPeon 8 3333 March 7, 2015 at 8:57 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  I was muslim and now i say ISLAM is an evil religion?! A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 36 10700 November 6, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Oklahoma Muslim Beheader's Facebook Page is All About Islam mralstoner 10 2559 September 28, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb