Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question to Christians
A question to Christians
Jeffery Dahmer before his death became a born again Christian, in that he professed Jesus Christ as his lord and savior. Also I assumed he repented of the sins he had committed.

As I see it regardless of his past actions and according to Christian doctrine. Jeffery Dahmer is now in heaven because of the actions I mentioned above he did before he died, which made him righteous in the eyes of god.

I am asking do this find this disturbing in any way whatsoever. I do admit if I were a Christian, I would not be troubled by it at all. Because I would praise god being glorified by saving these people and it would give me great hope that whatever sins I have committed, as long as I repent of them I can be assured of going into heaven.
undefined
RE: A question to Christians
"He didn't really mean it"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yep God is the judge /ie only he knows.

I watched the documentary about Duch of the Khmer Rouge ...I thought he was making it up.

Which is exactly equivalent to saying no one is the judge, and no one knows.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What you find disturbing with a witness:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0037/0037_01.asp
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Rhythm Wrote:no one knows
To a non believer, that's true.
Existence is independent of belief. It's true for everyone, some just don't like the sound of it.
*moves along with the goal posts* Tongue
(October 24, 2011 at 12:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Yep God is the judge /ie only he knows.

I am fully aware of that, but as far as I know Dahmer's conversion and repentance seemed to be quite genuine.
undefined
Not saying it isn't possible at all. K change tack...

I am fully behind the idea of total forgiveness. That isn't to say that people don't have to make amends, be truly repentant for bad stuff they've done. I guess to us Christians turning to God is the ultimate acceptance of good being the right answer. If, in your heart you've turned to that, then everything follows. What's the difference between someone who does a little bad and someone who does a lot: none. Both are bad. And someone who legally does bad (rich people) is second worst of all. Worst are religious people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7834 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3348 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7021 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6345 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2767 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4963 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8725 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31254 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1587 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Question to Christians Shining_Finger 29 6752 November 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd