Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Late Than Never
Better Late Than Never
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/in...1117484124

Quote:THE Church of England will make an official apology to naturalist Charles Darwin for criticising his famous theory of evolution

Coming 126 years after his death, the church's apology will focus on how wrong it was for senior bishops in the past to misunderstand and attack Darwin's theory about man being descended from apes.

Senior church officials will post the apology in the form of an article written by the Reverend Dr Malcolm Brown on the church's website tomorrow.

"Charles Darwin, 200 years from your birth (in 1809), the Church of England owes you an apology for misunderstanding you and, by getting our first reaction wrong, encouraging others to misunderstand you still,'' the article says, according to extracts printed by The Mail on Sunday newspaper.

Now if only someone will tell the fundie shitheads we'll be all set!
RE: Better Late Than Never
Ha good luck with that, no amount of proof, data or whatever will change that. We have educated reasonable Christians. You have tin can shooting, shit kicking hicks. Our top bishop has a Phd and speaks about 5 languages, he learnt Russian so he could read Dostoyevsky. You got Jerry 'Jews can make more money accidentally than you can on purpose.' Falwell.

Kinda makes me proud of our nutters.
Haha, this is highly amusing... They just sound like a bunch of twats... Oh wait, they already did? My bad.
Cunt
Quote:Coming 126 years after his death, the church's apology will focus on how wrong it was for senior bishops in the past to misunderstand and attack Darwin's theory about man being descended from apes.

Ermmm... Darwin's theory wasn't about man being descended from apes!
(It was about man and apes both descending from common ancestors, a 'proto man/ape').
So those 'misunderstandings' and attacks were classic cases of barking up the wrong tree.
Those 'senior bishops' demonstrated, time and again, that comprehensive reading wasn't their strong suit. Big Grin
Any insight from our UK theists on this matter?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm waiting for our resident shitheads to denounce the CofE as "not true xtians."

First the RCC and now CoE...they're running out of options. Soon it will be people huddling in their basements chanting to the walls. Scratch that, apparently it already is.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2011 at 8:37 pm)Rhythm Wrote: First the RCC and now CoE...they're running out of options. Soon it will be people huddling in their basements chanting to the walls. Scratch that, apparently it already is.

As I see a lot of the churches (even some evangelical ones) will come to accept evolution as a fact. However I believe going to remain a core of die hard churches who will never accept evolution or the universe actually being 2,280,000 times older than what they believe it is.
undefined
(October 31, 2011 at 1:22 am)Justtristo Wrote: As I see a lot of the churches (even some evangelical ones) will come to accept evolution as a fact. However I believe going to remain a core of die hard churches who will never accept evolution or the universe actually being 2,280,000 times older than what they believe it is.

But if they did accept evolution as fact we'd have no more entertainmentSad
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(October 30, 2011 at 6:51 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote: Ermmm... Darwin's theory wasn't about man being descended from apes!
(It was about man and apes both descending from common ancestors, a 'proto man/ape').

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-ov4KtR2c
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 7795 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2587 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4603 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10357 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15520 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I guess you never thought about it, did you? Little Rik 68 16309 September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5662 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I am better than God! chimp3 24 4640 September 26, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 20274 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1903 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich