Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Keep Your Child From Becoming an Atheist
How to Keep Your Child From Becoming an Atheist
Don't Know if this one's already been shown here or not, but liked it anyway.

[Image: 316033_2396716991374_1054446115_2778354_...1289_n.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: How to Keep Your Child From Becoming an Atheist
Reminds me of "oğlunuzu ibne olmaktan nasıl kurtarırsınız".
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Always translate, Mehmet.

Unless you ever happen to be speaking Klingon, in which case we won't care. Tongue
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

He left out the part about keeping them out of the public schools and not letting them play at other childrens' homes.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Funny I thought that was the answer for "What's the best way to turn a potential good Christian into an anti-theist?" Big Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(November 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Reminds me of "oğlunuzu ibne olmaktan nasıl kurtarırsınız".

(November 5, 2011 at 8:41 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Always translate, Mehmet.

Unless you ever happen to be speaking Klingon, in which case we won't care. Tongue

It is turkish for "how to save your son from being gay"...
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The miracle that is Google Translate!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Anyhow, a child doesn't become an atheist, that is what they are at birth. They only become theists because some fuckwit brainwashed them.
I love that reply though!!
While I believe we are all born without knowledge, I feel that we all have a built in natural curiosity and desire to seek the why's of life and our own individual morality and free will. Is that not the search for God? Could atheists be the disillusioned treasure hunters that found nought?.. I'm just stirring the pot... I must be tired... I don't even have the energy to do that well.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I regret that I cannot see the image. A link, perhaps, my queen?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1184 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5245 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4640 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11353 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If your child cries it means Satan is in him Ruckus123 8 1916 May 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Iceland is becoming atheist. Jehanne 13 2719 February 8, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: haig
  does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value snerie 48 13343 April 1, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2306 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  you can keep heaven Amarok 32 6605 November 25, 2016 at 11:54 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  how to hold on to atheism when things keep getting worse? Rextos 26 4496 June 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar