Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig and Genocide
Craig and Genocide
I know I've seen this before but couldn't remember if it was on here or one of my feeds. Forgive me if someone posted the original and point it out. Regardless:

http://bigthink.com/ideas/40992

Quote:As Dawkins points out, Craig argues not only that it's morally acceptable to kill women and children, the elderly and the disabled, but that the most troubling part of the whole story is the psychological trauma inflicted on the Israelite soldiers who were ordered to kill them. Craig not only isn't embarrassed by this monstrous position; he digs in and defends it:

If you believe in the salvation, as I do, of children, who die, what that meant is that the death of these children meant their salvation. People look at this [genocide] and think life ends at the grave but in fact this was the salvation of these children, who were far better dead... than being raised in this Canaanite culture."
Let me emphasize this: According to leading Christian apologist William Lane Craig, children are "far better dead" than they would be if they were raised in a culture that doesn't believe the same things as William Lane Craig.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Craig and Genocide
We know what those snake-oil salesmen do to conform to their twisted reality. what is sad is that there is sheep following them.
Unsurprising. Show me a believer that doesn't have this built in to their faith (even if they refuse to consider or address it due to the notion being completely monstrous).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Shit I didn't know he said that. Then in the next breath he says that without god there would be no objective morality. I know the 2 can be reconciled logically, but can you begin to even utter the 2 perspectives in the same sentence and feel good about yourself?
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
JESUS! Even the Christians that bullied me as a kid knew better than to try to defend those parts of the Bible.

I'd like to say something to Mr. Craig, but I'm afraid John Lennon said it better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNjTPZW7G...re=related
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Didn't really know he was like this, although I read it somewhere when Dawkins responded to why he didn't wish to debate him. What does Lane Craig do anyway? I've heard some people say he is a philosopher, but to me he just seems like a Christian apologist who has somehow become famous. And that's it.
How does he sleep at night!?

(November 9, 2011 at 12:25 pm)JollyForr Wrote: Didn't really know he was like this, although I read it somewhere when Dawkins responded to why he didn't wish to debate him. What does Lane Craig do anyway?

He writes books and debates people, that is basically his job.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Quote:According to leading Christian apologist William Lane Craig, children are "far better dead" than they would be if they were raised in a culture that doesn't believe the same things as William Lane Craig.

A theory best explained when a clusterbomb gets dropped on a refugee camp.
Craig is a professional debater who only debates his choice subjects. He's very good on his subjects, but I'm awesome at debating sexual innuendo, so fucking what. He wants to debate Dawkins on philosophy. Hmmmm, professional philosopher/debater vs top evolutionary biologist, debating philosophy, I wonder who would win..... It's obvious that he's more likely to sell out vs a big name like Dawkins.
Yep, this is why Dawkins won't have anything to do with him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1855 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3129 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1516 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1248 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25755 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5639 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4954 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4189 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7449 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  Dr. Craig is a liar. Jehanne 1036 100446 May 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: dom.donald