Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need your help still!
need your help still!
You probably have no idea who I am, and I assure you that's not a problem, but awhile back I had inquired about doing a study for one of my college courses on atheists in general. Although I received a fairly decent response, I still could use more subjects. Below I have pasted the same message that I sent to people who have showed previous interest to give you an idea of what's going on. Hope some of you will be willing to participate!

Quote:I'm not sure if you remember, but a while back I had inquired about surveying subjects for a research paper I'm doing for one of my composition courses who identify themselves as atheists on various topics. It appears that you have expressed interest in my request and were interested to know if you are still willing to participate. I promise you it will take a minute of your time, you will remain anonymous, and my information will better dispel myths on modern atheists.

So far the gap in my research (and the overall question I am asking you) is what are the viewpoints of the general atheist living in our society, with a focus on morality, religious violence, and cognitive science.

If you wish, I'd be glad to show you my literary review on the research I've gathered thus far.

Official Letter from University of Central Florida

Above is simply a link from my instructor legitimizing this study.

So what I would like to know is if you are willing to help me go forth in thist study by filling out a basic survey. If the answer is yes, you will be assigned a sample label immediately to conceal your identity.

Also, because I hope to make this as simple as possible for you, I'm interested to know whether you'd like this survey to be administered via this message, or a third-party survey generating site.

Hope you're able to partake in my research!

-Victoria

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask on here of PM me.
RE: need your help still!
post a link to the site and I'll fill it out when I get a chance.
RE: need your help still!
I won't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1465 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 31057 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist? Der/die AtheistIn 48 5537 February 11, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Would I still be an atheist if I believed this? SuperSentient 21 3554 March 23, 2017 at 3:15 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 9701 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll for atheists - Do you still celebrate Christmas and why? jeebusmubummed 101 14688 September 17, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: DanTheOutlaw
  Atheists: Can You Still Accept X'n Friends? Detachable 76 10919 August 12, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Do you still fear hell? Lucifer 56 6289 July 14, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7024 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4430 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37