Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Website
Nice Website
http://godisimaginary.com/

Certain to annoy the shit out of fundies.

Quote:Billions of people attend millions of churches around the world to worship God.

Yet the God they worship is completely imaginary. Their belief represents a delusion.
RE: Nice Website
The bible is repulsive!

So are its believers.
You're late, though. The website was posted in two other threads. Tongue

God is Imaginary
50 Simple Proofs, God is Imaginary
That must be why they made you a mod.

Regarding the first experiment praying for cancer to be cured, of course if you pray, even if all Christians around the world prayed for cancer to be cured today, nothing would happen. But we all know that if one person who has cancer goes into remission, it's God's divine will that is curing the cancer (even after chemo & radiation treatments).
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Rayaan is the king of finding old threads. Anyway, it is a great site.
(November 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Regarding the first experiment praying for cancer to be cured, of course if you pray, even if all Christians around the world prayed for cancer to be cured today, nothing would happen. But we all know that if one person who has cancer goes into remission, it's God's divine will that is curing the cancer (even after chemo & radiation treatments).

Further lamenting on this theme:

Even my own parents, who are Baptist Fundies, don't actually pray for god to heal their friend who has MS. No no, they actually pray that god will help the scientists and researchers to discover a cure.

It has always angered me to no end. EVEN THEY know (although they would NEVER admit it) that their god is not going to cure their friend.

[Image: bully-animated-animate-bully-smiley-emot...-large.gif]

[Image: Evolution.png]

(November 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm)Cinjin Wrote: It has always angered me to no end. EVEN THEY know (although they would NEVER admit it) that their god is not going to cure their friend.

Another Website which deals with precisely this dilemma, and has also probably been listed here before is Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

That site has a number of very good reasons to think about on the subject on why God does not exist and prayer has no more chance of working than well . . . chance.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Yeah I've actually heard people praying things like, "Dear Lord, please guide the surgeon's hand as he operates on our loved one..." They know that praying for a tumor to disappear won't work one bit. This is why it drives me crazy, because if a tumor were to disappear on its own, of course they'd credit God with a divine miracle. But it's just so frustrating that they can't understand that praying to God to help the surgeon (or scientists) cure people is just the same as if there were no God and the surgeon/scientists were using skill and scientific method to practice medicine.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17224 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6293 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nice Work Jesus....ya scumbag. Minimalist 50 5593 June 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3273 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 30482 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Jesus - not even a nice guy? max-greece 27 8205 June 8, 2013 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  It's Not Nice to Fuck With Herr Von Popenfuhrer Minimalist 4 2158 April 6, 2012 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  A very nice find Minimalist 4 2718 August 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: coffeeveritas
  If Quentin Tarantino designed a Christian Website... Rev. Rye 14 5261 July 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Answers in Genesis (website) superstarr 3 2557 May 25, 2010 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Loki_999