Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus "a story too improbable not to be true."
Jesus "a story too improbable not to be true."
Jesus "a story too improbable not to be true." This is the bullshit they preach in modern churches today. I'm not making this up. The intro to the video that follows is from a preacher named Joel Olsteen. He is the pastor of a 30,000 mega church in the city of Houston. Towards the end of the video at 2:24 the statement "a story too improbable not to be true." is made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...kWap7E7Ja8#!

For more information:
http://www.olivebranchcreative.com/

I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Jesus "a story too improbable not to be true."
That Joe Olsteen's mother fucked a dead putrifying slime toad to give him birth is also a story too improbable not to be true.
The title reminds me of this Laurel and Hardy movie where Stan and Ollie gone to a convention in Chicago against their wives' wishes, and the ship they think their wives think they're on sinks. Their explanation for why they're still alive (they have figured it out due to their prominent appearance in a newsreel) is that they hitchhiked their way onto another ship. After they fail to buy it, Ollie says "It's too far-fetched not to be the truth!"

I really wish that the videos of this movie (It's called "Sons of the Desert") were on Youtube.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Kudos for referencing one of my favourite Laurel and Hardy films from their golden period (and I'm quietly seething that I didn't make the connection before you did.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 28, 2011 at 5:41 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Kudos for referencing one of my favourite Laurel and Hardy films from their golden period (and I'm quietly seething that I didn't make the connection before you did.)

Hell, it's certainly one of the best of their films. I'm hoping that my parents get the new boxed set for my birthday or Christmas (my birthday is on the 14th.)

If it's this one, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. My forever princess got it for me a few years ago and we watched the whole set in one glorious run.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
How come we can't get xtians to admit that Joseph Smith and his mormon shit is also "too implausible not to be true?" Or mohammad and his islamic shit? Or David Koresh and his?

Why is it only their bullshit which meets the implausibility criteria?
(November 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm)Stimbo Wrote: If it's this one, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. My forever princess got it for me a few years ago and we watched the whole set in one glorious run.

No. It's This one. Granted, it only focuses on the Hal Roach period stuff, and only the sound shorts at that. In addition, there's four of their 30s features not on the set (a TCM edition takes care of two of them, and the other two are readily available elsewhere). There's also no colourisation (I was miffed at that, too.) That said, Laurel and Hardy really got shafted in Region 1. And, of course, what is on it definitely ranks among their best works.

"a story too improbable not to be true..because this is not what you would make up when you were trying to start a new world religion"

The amount of fail in this one is strong. The fact that he can say it with not a single smirk speaks volumes to me that he expects people to be sheepish enough to believe whatever he says anyways.
If you ever watch Joel Osteen preach, you can tell on his face that even he doesn't swallow the bullshit he's spewing. He's in it for the money.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 957 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 9895 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 626 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6956 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19233 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2595 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 10316 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9136 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2795 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2643 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X