Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think of a Stupid Question to Ask a Theist
Think of a Stupid Question to Ask a Theist
I want to play a little game. All you have to do is come up a stupid question an atheist would ask a theist. You or someone should answer the question and explain why the question is stupid or is not stupid.

Atheist and Theist are very general categories, but you don't have to be general. You can be very specific about the subcategory of atheism and the subcategory of theism in your question.
RE: Think of a Stupid Question to Ask a Theist
If god created me in his image, then why does god have an appendix and a vestigial tail?
What is god's purpose? Why does/she/it exist?
If god is all knowing, then why did god banish Adam and Eve from eating the forbidden fruit for which he knew they would?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I want to get into deadly poison drinking because I heard a rumor that antifreeze tastes simply amazing, but I'm not sure which poisons the holy spirit is effective against. Can you help?
[Image: afsig.jpg]
Why does god hate shrimp, and hold the eating of shrimp in the same regard as homosexual intercourse?

http://www.fallwell.com/ingnored%20old%2...erses.html

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

Why do you reject science?
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Oh! Here's another one:

If Eve was but a mere afterthought to god, once he saw how lonely Adam was, why did he create Adam with a scrotum packed with seminal fluid?

(November 29, 2011 at 6:23 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Oh! Here's another one:

If Eve was but a mere afterthought to god, once he saw how lonely Adam was, why did he create Adam with a scrotum packed with seminal fluid?
Uhh... that's not where seminal fluid comes from... but I get your idea.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Uhh.. good for you?

Actually, most of these aren't stupid questions.

Here's the stupid question I'd ask a fundie: Does it really hurt to be that stupid, or is that just an urban legend?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1160 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5386 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 453 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2004 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2034 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why Are Xtians So Stupid? Minimalist 31 4341 October 7, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15493 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11921 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 150840 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 12789 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne