Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Church bans interracial couples
Kentucky Church bans interracial couples
Kentucky church bans interracial couples

Christians... proudly marching forward into the 14th century.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Kentucky Church bans interracial couples
I wonder what part of the bible condedmns interracial marriage? I'm sure you could justify it somewhere in that book.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Kentucky church bans interracial couples

Christians... proudly marching forward into the 14th century.

In the 14th century, baning interracial marriages would have seem barbarous. Those 14th century Christians had to work hard for another 2 centuries to get racism as we know into the Western world view.

In 78 or 79 I went to a HS dance and danced with a girl of a different race. The following Sunday, the preacher's wife did her Sunday School lesson on how 'God hates a mixture'. Granted, that was last century.
Hey, it's fucking Kentucky. What do you expect?
Yes, home of the Creation Museum and (publicly funded) soon-to-be Noah's Ark attraction.

If I wanted to use the bible to justify banning interracial couples, I'd probably look to the curse of Ham or something.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Don't forget they elected that douchebag Rand Paul to their list of abominations.
(December 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: 'God hates a mixture'. Granted, that was last century.

Yikes. So if this were still true, then even if I remained a Xtian, I would still be condemned. And through no fault of my own as it's my parents' own goddamn fault I came out a mulatto.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
*Facepalm*

I'm so proud to be a Kentuckian. [/sarcasm]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
We don't blame you, D-P.

(Although you could move!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9909 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4156 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Interracial Marriage and the Bible strawdawg 163 32210 March 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky Esquilax 109 15778 March 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Star 11 Things The Bible Bans,But You Do It Anyway (Hell awaits you all) Big Blue Sky 11 5436 July 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10519 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Kentucky, again.... Minimalist 23 3702 August 24, 2011 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower