Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky
Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky
Ken Ham's lawyers have returned from the fantasy world in which he resides just long enough to file a lawsuit against the state of Kentucky for not enabling their openly discriminatory hiring practices-... Oh, I mean, for "discriminating against them because they're christians," of course. Yes.

Quote:“Our organization spent many months attempting to reason with state officials so that this lawsuit would not be necessary,” said AiG President Ken Ham. “However, the state was so insistent on treating our religious entity as a second-class citizen that we were simply left with no alternative but to proceed to court. This is the latest example of increasing government hostility towards religion in America, and it’s certainly among the most blatant.”

I for one welcome Ham's petulant suicide mission here; whatever rhetorical point he's trying to make will fail and he won't learn anything, of course, but watching him take part in Baby's First Frivolous Discrimination Lawsuit will be hilarious.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Ken Ham files lawsuit against Kentucky
Yeah but it's okay, because Ken and his peeps are praying like mofos to get god involved. Of course, this means that...

...if they win the suit, god was on their side.
...if they lose the suit, god was on their side.
...if the suit is dismissed, god was on their side.
...if their victory is overturned on appeal, god was on their side.
...if their loss is overturned on appeal, god was on their side.

So there's no way he can lose!!!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
When the state of Kentucky thinks you're crazy, you're batshit, fucking CRAZY!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I will now sue someone for not allowing me to be a bigot. How unfair - Muaaaahhhhhhh (cries)!
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Here's a re-post of a comment I made on the article I linked (I'm Esquilax there too, for anyone else that posts on Patheos):

Quote:
You know, I think this is one of the few times when I'd feel safe speculating about the real beliefs of a high profile creationist, which isn't usually something I'd do because it's presumptuous. But I'm sure that Ken Ham doesn't believe a word of his stated position, and knows exactly what the problem is, but is lying his ass off. I believe this because his story has completely changed over the course of this whole thing.

When Dan Arel was first reporting on Ham's discriminatory practices over at his blog, Ham's response was that the entity doing the discriminating wasn't the Ark Encounter, it was Answers in Genesis itself, a non-profit entity for which such discrimination is fine. When Ham was called on this on a radio show, he hung up rather than addressing the issue. But now that actual consequences have been leveled against him, he now claims that he has, in his own words, a "statutory right" to discriminate; if he truly believes that he's legally okay then why tell such an obvious lie when he was first called on his practices, when it says in writing that the position with the discrimination was for the Ark Park? Why hide what he's doing if he thinks he's not doing anything wrong? And for that matter, which story is the true one: the line that's contradicted in official AiG writing, or the one he's using now?

It's so clear what's really going on that Ham's transparent complaints don't hold any water; when it was only a few atheists pointing out his wrongdoing he felt he could just lie about it and dismiss the whole story out of hand. Only now, when the government has gotten involved and real consequences have come his way does he see fit to even acknowledge what's going on. He knew what he was doing was wrong, that's why he tried to hide it, and now that he can't just sweep it under the rug he's trying to re-contextualize the whole narrative so that he's the victim. I usually wouldn't do this, but Ken Ham is lying, and he knows it.

I love it when creationists get caught in their own lies, don't you?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I love it when any charlatan gets caught in his own lies, especially charlatans the likes of Ken Ham. He's particularly vile and dishonest.
Will Citizens United have any bearing on this decision? Now that corporations are people and can hold closely held beliefs, can't the "Ark Encounter" be exempted?

It would be truly shitty if that clusterfuck of a decision affected even this.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Looking forward to seeing this get thrown out and Ham have to pay out all the legal fees.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Will Citizens United have any bearing on this decision? Now that corporations are people and can hold closely held beliefs, can't the "Ark Encounter" be exempted?

I can only hope not, but since America seems to have a cartoon legal system rather than a real one, I realize the case isn't as cut and dry as it seems to a sensible person. It's a good sign that the state government wasn't taking any of that crap when they first pulled AiG's tax rebates, though.

The other thing is that I don't see Ham's line playing as well to a judge as, say, Hobby Lobby's did: "I have a right to pick and choose which laws apply to me, and to discriminate against anyone I like," isn't really the kind of thing that judges, who apply the law, like to hear, and it's also kinda the only argument Ham can offer. If he insists that he has a right to discriminate that is enshrined in the law then... well, no he doesn't; the law is unambiguously against him. The only real option open to him is the idea that he gets to choose which laws apply to him, and I don't see a decision with that kind of precedent getting made and surviving appeal.

(February 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Will Citizens United have any bearing on this decision? Now that corporations are people and can hold closely held beliefs, can't the "Ark Encounter" be exempted?

You're conflating Citizens United with Hobby Lobby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1826 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3224 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3678 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 3040 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Creationist that Ken Ham calls "stupid" drfuzzy 3 1772 May 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5624 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Ken Ham - Don't Sweat Asteroids Cuz Minimalist 10 1951 March 15, 2015 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Ken Ham petulantly stamps his feet at reality, internet replies, "this is stupid." Esquilax 92 21223 February 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Ham upset that Superbowl commercial mentioned evolution Foxaèr 28 3587 February 2, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: kookookachoo
  Theist wins lawsuit because he's "afraid of the devil" Foxaèr 17 3574 January 28, 2015 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain