Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living in an Islamic country
Living in an Islamic country
Hello Smile
So, I'm from north Africa and am a high school student.
The problem I deal with on daily basis is religious bullying.
Oh and it's not just "getting picked on"
Even the teachers hate me, our daily courses are always about religion and how Allah made everything perfect and blablabla...then the teacher starts to mock the Jews and other religions.
And I don't even have the right to give my point of view; the teacher must always be right even when he is being a racist idiot and trying to offend the only atheist in the class (a.k.a me)

So, I was wondering how would you guys deal with this if you were on my shoes?
P.S: sorry for the spelling mistakes Tongue
See you soon
RE: Living in an Islamic country
Welcome.

I'd leave the country.

And move to a lovely Scotland Tongue
Cunt
(December 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm)frankiej Wrote: Welcome.

I'd leave the country.

And move to a lovely Scotland Tongue

Ha, I would do so if I weren't only 16 Big Grin
Being 16 always seems to be problematic.
Cunt
(December 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm)frankiej Wrote: Being 16 always seems to be problematic.
and so is being an atheist in this part of the world Undecided
It can be a problem anywhere. It just depends who you are talking to in places like the UK.
I can't really imagine what it would be like to be in a situation like your own... I certainly do not envy you.
Cunt
(December 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm)frankiej Wrote: It can be a problem anywhere. It just depends who you are talking to in places like the UK.
I can't really imagine what it would be like to be in a situation like your own... I certainly do not envy you.
Okay, I'm gonna go die now Sad
Don't be like that... Have a cup of tea and a haggis pie Smile
That will cheer anyone up.
Cunt
Kid, if you can make it to your majority, you can get the hell out of there. Don't die yet. We need you.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(December 12, 2011 at 5:20 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Kid, if you can make it to your majority, you can get the hell out of there. Don't die yet. We need you.
Ok, I won't Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? BananaFlambe 44 2663 December 20, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is atheism worth living for? MarcusA 74 3950 September 3, 2023 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10861 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Malaysian Atheists on the Spot by Islamic Pigs chimp3 0 703 August 10, 2017 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1888 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Joy of Living Dangerously; Sanderson of Oundle FebruaryOfReason 1 1168 February 7, 2016 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Best Living Spokesman for Atheism athrock 167 26658 December 30, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  i think we are living in the end times! Rextos 5 1775 December 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Currently living in a "Christian Program." Secular Atheist 23 6343 July 29, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 12044 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb