Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:23 am

Poll: Who is the best living spokesman for atheism?
This poll is closed.
Richard Carrier
0%
0 0%
Richard Dawkins
10.71%
3 10.71%
Daniel Dennett
3.57%
1 3.57%
Bart Ehrman
0%
0 0%
Sam Harris
21.43%
6 21.43%
Lawrence Krauss
7.14%
2 7.14%
Other (specify in a post)
57.14%
16 57.14%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Living Spokesman for Atheism
Best Living Spokesman for Atheism
You've read their books and seen their debates with Christian apologists on YouTube. Now is your chance to vote for your favorite!

Who is the best living spokesman for atheism?

If I overlooked your favorites in my poll, please add their names to the thread.

Thanks.
RE: Best Living Spokesman for Atheism
My opinion, there is no best. Each brings something different to the table.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
following
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Pat Robertson.

Open it up to the deceased and Joe Smith and Fred Phelps.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(dis)Honorable mention:

Popes that just blather about pedo priests and don't do anything.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'd rather represent my own views myself, to be honest
Atheism doesn't have a spokesman, Its just not believing in the god claim, nothing else.
Unfortunate to see no women whatsoever on this list. Or do you mean spokesman literally?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Me, bitches.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(December 13, 2015 at 12:48 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: Atheism doesn't have a spokesman, Its just not believing in the god claim, nothing else.

That's all it is supposed to be, but I have noticed it becomes more than that to some people sometimes. Though not so much in this forum.  

Wasn't it Richard Dawkins who said atheists should have a name and call themselves "Brights?" If atheism just means not believing in God, then how does this automatically make someone "bright" unless there's more to it than that? But then again, not very many people here like him so perhaps he's not all too popular among long time atheists.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is atheism worth living for? MarcusA 74 3439 September 3, 2023 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Best argument for Atheism in my view Kimoev 29 3850 September 5, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Vince
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10293 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who is/was the Best Atheist Spokesman? stretch3172 15 2637 March 29, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6250 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26869 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1846 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Joy of Living Dangerously; Sanderson of Oundle FebruaryOfReason 1 1147 February 7, 2016 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Alex K
  i think we are living in the end times! Rextos 5 1742 December 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Currently living in a "Christian Program." Secular Atheist 23 6212 July 29, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Alex K