Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Age
New Age
It confuses me. I really don't see the point in it being a Religion, from what I've read it seems to be ''Oh, believe whatever the hell you want.''

You might as well have no religion at all
RE: New Age
(December 13, 2011 at 11:24 am)Felix Wrote: It confuses me. I really don't see the point in it being a Religion, from what I've read it seems to be ''Oh, believe whatever the hell you want.''

You might as well have no religion at all

How is it a 'religion'? Do New Agers have gods? Churches? Tax exemptions?
Maybe you call it a 'religion'. But I don't. And I don't think many people do.
It's "spiritual," but it is not religion. It is also hokum.
It's a blanket term for a lot of things. Some do have churches, gods and tax exemptions. Some do not. It's also a bookshelf at retailers geared toward single middle aged women and teenagers. Smile
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:You might as well have no religion at all

Right.
(December 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Some do have churches, gods and tax exemptions.

Then they are decidedly old age! That is sooo second millennium! Big Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2aVLkRar0

(December 16, 2011 at 8:25 am)Shell B Wrote: It's "spiritual," but it is not religion. It is also hokum.

You're exactly right.... and "spiritual" is the biggest cop-out ever. Nothing worse than people who aren't "religious" but consider themselves "spiritual".... what does that EVEN MEAN???? It means someone is too afraid to cut the cord because people might think they stand for nothing.
Standing for the spiritual is standing for nothing. Spirits and "the spiritual" are non existent bullshit. Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Exactly. They're afraid of being judged for being atheist/agnostic/whatever.... and cop out by calling themselves "spiritual," which is a bullcrap a trying to "save face."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5420 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone WinterHold 4 1106 March 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: brewer
  My new religion: New Age Hedonism Transcended Dimensions 20 4469 October 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Appointed leader in each age needed for religion to be true. Mystic 17 3964 October 24, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  My "New Age Perception" - The Goddess Is "Real" Confused Ape 18 6799 May 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  New age religion cromwell 19 4019 April 9, 2014 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Physics, Hindu Cosmology, God and New Age Inspiration Confused Ape 42 13975 March 20, 2014 at 4:52 am
  New age religions that threatens Atheists and Christianity repentsinners 5 1854 November 24, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Have Switched To My 'New Age' Perception Confused Ape 4 2922 March 3, 2013 at 6:09 pm
  Still in the stone age Rokcet Scientist 19 4239 November 7, 2011 at 11:27 am
Last Post: zip_ster