Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapture September 2015
RE: Rapture September 2015
(August 20, 2015 at 9:36 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: [Image: bxq19.gif]

Great choice of a gif by the way, genius. May I remind you that in "Toy Story" Buzz - the character, who's words you've chosen as your reply - is a deluded toy, who thinks he's a real space-man, due to a complete misapprehension of reality on his part; and Woody is the frustrated one trying to talk some sense into him. In the end - SPOILER ALERT - Buzz recognizes that he'd been a moron and goes into depression, so - good luck with that...

ROFLOL

Yeah, I guess you're not quite mature enough to comprehend the subtleties of cartoons for 6 year olds...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 20, 2015 at 10:16 pm)NoFaith2Burn4 Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 9:59 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: I'm not here to provide bullshit, NoFaith. Just Catholic Answers as best I can. And I think they would respect my solid responses which are faithful to the Magisterium of the Church (assuming they are of that mindset).

If you have a question about your former faith that bugs you, feel free to ask it here.

Ask a Catholic
http://atheistforums.org/thread-33377-po...#pid942504
You can only have a cognitive disorder for expecting anybody here to care about your shit whatever you think it's worth. No atheist will ever be impressed with your arguments on authority. You need to go start your own forum where there's Catholics who would be interested.

You may be right.

But in the meantime, YOU have questions and objections to Catholicism that you want to ask.

Fire when ready. Tongue
(August 20, 2015 at 10:32 am)Stimbo Wrote: Can't fault him for that. The second coming won't happen by itself.

With all the christers sucking him off daily I don't think it's be the second...
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 20, 2015 at 10:17 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 9:36 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: [Image: bxq19.gif]

Great choice of a gif by the way, genius. May I remind you that in "Toy Story" Buzz - the character, who's words you've chosen as your reply - is a deluded toy, who thinks he's a real space-man and Woody is the frustrated one trying to talk some sense into him. In the end - SPOILER ALERT - Buzz recognizes that he'd been a moron and goes into depression, so - good luck with that...

Yeah, I guess you're not quite mature enough to comprehend the subtleties of cartoons for 6 year olds...

Since you're still in high school, I guess it hasn't been that long ago that your mommy was popping that video into the VCR to keep you quiet for a couple of hours so that she could have some peace and quiet in the house.

I, on the other hand, had to sit through that movie a bazillion times for the same reason your mom did. Consequently, I know that while Buzz had to eventually come to terms with his true identity as a toy, his true courage was anything but delusional, and he eventually helped Woody to save the day for Andy and the other toys.

So, despite your attempt at a DEEP psychological profile of a cartoon character [Image: rolleyes.gif], you're still a sad, strange little man.
(August 20, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: [...]
I, on the other hand, had to sit through that movie a bazillion times [...].

And yet - you still didn't get it. ROFLOL

Maybe try one more time and this time - ask some 5 year old to explain it to you...

And then - try the same with the damn bible. You might realize you've got that fairy-tale just as wrong.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 20, 2015 at 10:34 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: [...]
I, on the other hand, had to sit through that movie a bazillion times [...].

And yet - you still didn't get it. ROFLOL

Maybe try one more time and this time - ask some 5 year old to explain it to you...

And then - try the same with the damn bible. You might realize you've got that fairy-tale just as wrong.

It just hit me why this is so personal for you...you're still sleeping on Toy Story sheets, aren't you?
(August 20, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 10:34 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: And yet - you still didn't get it. ROFLOL

It just hit me why this is so personal for you...you're still sleeping on Toy Story sheets, aren't you?

Randy, I've noticed you've been getting quite snarky lately. Far, far more than when you first came here. Is our refusal to buy your snake oil really getting to you that badly?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I suspect that if the "rapture" actually happens it will be a LOT of Christians being left behind to continue annoying the rest of us.

I can picture televangelists screaming for money after it happens so they can buy a ticket to heaven.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(August 20, 2015 at 10:43 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 10:37 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: It just hit me why this is so personal for you...you're still sleeping on Toy Story sheets, aren't you?

Randy, I've noticed you've been getting quite snarky lately. Far, far more than when you first came here. Is our refusal to buy your snake oil really getting to you that badly?

Nah...I've just lowered my standards in order to fit in better. I won't really feel like I belong until I can post highly offensive memes that have little relevance whatsoever to the discussion at hand, though.
(August 20, 2015 at 10:50 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Nah...I've just lowered my standards in order to fit in better.

[Image: irony-meter.jpg]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapture on another planet Fake Messiah 16 3415 July 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 586 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christian marriage in 2015 drfuzzy 14 4445 November 1, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Rapture October 7th, 2015 JesusHChrist 171 28158 October 19, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Rapture report dyresand 58 9534 September 25, 2015 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7578 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Rapture news thread 15th - 22nd dyresand 63 11029 September 19, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Questions About the Rapture Jenny A 72 25714 September 16, 2015 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Belief in The Devil in 2015 Iroscato 71 16089 April 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Antichrist Alert!!!! Coming Sept 2015!!!!! JesusHChrist 28 7610 March 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand