Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism. The UNscientific belief (part two)
Still no evidence.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 17, 2015 at 5:31 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 4:53 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: I didn't realize Gods thoughts were personal to you. Seems like the kind of reaction someone would have at being asked their own thoughts but as we both know thats absurd. These are Gods thoughts and as such you have no reason to feel threatened by curiosity displayed towards them. Unless God is offended by my curiosity? Is he?

Its almost like you're saying your God is personal... like a... whats the term... a personal God. 
Your own personal God. Thats it.

i do have a relationship with God and its something that i do care about whether you believe me or not and im sure you have me all figured out like you have the rest of the universe all figured out and organized your not curious your only interested in laughing at something that i care about deeply and that means a lot to me .  I have no hesitation whatsoever sharing my own thoughts with anyone i love debating a lot of different topics and im very outspoken about my opinions on things .

I don't remember ever saying that I had the universe figured out. Infact all I have done in our conversation is express curiosity about something I need more information about which you have responded to defensively. Ironically nothing I have said or done made this conversation humorous, your passive aggressive responses did that all by themselves.

If you have any remotely convincing answers on the subject you have no intention of sharing them and you are wasting my time.
Frankly; I'm bored and I am done asking questions.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(October 18, 2015 at 1:08 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 5:31 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:

i do have a relationship with God and its something that i do care about whether you believe me or not and im sure you have me all figured out like you have the rest of the universe all figured out and organized your not curious your only interested in laughing at something that i care about deeply and that means a lot to me .  I have no hesitation whatsoever sharing my own thoughts with anyone i love debating a lot of different topics and im very outspoken about my opinions on things .

I don't remember ever saying that I had the universe figured out. Infact all I have done in our conversation is express curiosity about something I need more information about which you have responded to defensively. Ironically nothing I have said or done made this conversation humorous, your passive aggressive responses did that all by themselves.

If you have any remotely convincing answers on the subject you have no intention of sharing them and you are wasting my time.
Frankly; I'm bored and I am done asking questions.

ok true i might've been a little defensive if youd like to ask me anything ill answer the best i can you can PM me or we can talk here anything you want to talk about although i think your supposed to stick to the thread topic in a thread or try to but message me anytime .
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Well, it's a nice rarity when people stick to the topic at hand, but like any conversation hardly compulsory.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
It's a problem when the topic of the thread is incoherent, as it is with this one.

It might as well be, "Shoes: they eat your ears in the night."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 18, 2015 at 11:07 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Still no evidence.

I have seen a lot of people with a lot of expectation but you yog must beat them all.
You expect that the mountain come to you when the stark reality demand that is you that got to go
to the mountain.
Life is all about learning and about freedom.
You are free to learn or to keep ignorant.  Rolleyes
You are free to acquire more consciousness and merge in the cosmic ocean of consciousness or
keep on expecting that God if exist come to you in his manifestation.
Keep on dreaming yog.  Consoling
Nobody will hurry you up.
Maybe after another 1000 reincarnations you may come to the conclusion that there got to be
something a lot better than this physical reality.
Good luck.  Hi
(October 19, 2015 at 12:57 am)Little Rik Wrote: Life is all about learning and about freedom.

And you need a lot of learning. Learn some humility. Your know-it-all attitude fails to appeal.
(October 18, 2015 at 10:27 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 2:59 am)paulpablo Wrote: I realize this thread is now up to page 69 and I'm late to the party but I felt the need to reply to this anyway because I'm not sure if anyone did.

It doesn't matter what is written here by atheists, one atheist on here might be in favour of guns being outlawed, that doesn't make atheism a belief about guns.

The problem Pablo is that is not one or two or few.
It is most of them.
Just scroll the forum and see how many times atheists carry on with the same old mantras.
You will be surprised.
Not only that but even if you would deal with a lonely wolf you would be wrong anyway.
Why?
Because by not doing anything to correct or take the distance from the lonely wolf you would allow the atheist image to be polluted.  Smile

It really doesn't matter if every atheist on the forum apart from me says there is scientific proof there is no god, the definition of atheism remains the same.

Secondly, out of curiosity, can you copy and paste any of the mantras you're talking about?  So I have a better idea of what you're talking about?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(October 19, 2015 at 1:29 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 10:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: The problem Pablo is that is not one or two or few.
It is most of them.
Just scroll the forum and see how many times atheists carry on with the same old mantras.
You will be surprised.
Not only that but even if you would deal with a lonely wolf you would be wrong anyway.
Why?
Because by not doing anything to correct or take the distance from the lonely wolf you would allow the atheist image to be polluted.  Smile

It really doesn't matter if every atheist on the forum apart from me says there is scientific proof there is no god

Did i ever said that?
I don't remember that any atheists ever said that.
I rather was referring to something else as you can see below.

Quote:the definition of atheism remains the same.

The term "atheism" originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

You may not stick with the original meaning if you like and create your meaning.
Up to you.  Worship

Quote:Secondly, out of curiosity, can you copy and paste any of the mantras you're talking about?  So I have a better idea of what you're talking about?

......when the body die everything die....you don't exist anymore....finish.....finito.....
......the consciousness is a product of the brain.................
......the consciousness that we got come thanks to previous generation..........

As you can see i don't criticize whether people believe or not in God.
That is their business.
As far as people don't come up stating that God does not exist i am happy with
their belief or not belief in the existence of God but all the rest as mention above is total crap until evidence is given and a
belief that come without evidence is dogma and keeping on coming up with the same unfounded
beliefs is like singing the wrong mantra.  Demon
(October 19, 2015 at 1:29 am)Irrational Wrote:
(October 19, 2015 at 12:57 am)Little Rik Wrote: Life is all about learning and about freedom.

And you need a lot of learning. Learn some humility. Your know-it-all attitude fails to appeal.

Are you joking?
Who give a butt about appeal.
I am here because i do enjoy exposing and unmask dogmatic people
and this forum is full of them.  Smile

I tell you what man.
The most spectacular and funny unmasking the falsity was over a year ago when someone decided to
shift one of my post from the philosophy forum to the skeptic one.
When i did ask these people to explain me what is the meaning of philosophy none pop up.
Just spectacular Irra.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2940 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6853 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2898 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88731 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5386 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4840 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26155 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic