Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond?
RE: Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond?
Nice to see you post Rayaan.
(October 31, 2015 at 7:13 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: Nope, read that 3 times but still don't get it. No wonder submitting to this shit causes folk to go crazy. Mental illness.

Nah, that just signifies your own lack of depth. Wink

(October 31, 2015 at 7:28 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Nice to see you post Rayaan.

Thanks.
(October 31, 2015 at 7:53 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(October 31, 2015 at 7:13 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: Nope, read that 3 times but still don't get it. No wonder submitting to this shit causes folk to go crazy. Mental illness.

(October 31, 2015 at 7:28 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Nice to see you post Rayaan.

Thanks.

Rayaan, how you been! i have missed your smiling face.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 31, 2015 at 7:53 am)Rayaan Wrote:

There's deep thinking and there's trying to make some ancient blather fit into a 21st century way of life. Big difference.
But :

(Sura 50 Verse 29 )   The word will not be changed with Me, and never will I be unjust to the servants."

So you're saying mystic, that God is playing games with us ? saying something today, change it tomorrow, and after two seconds change it again ?
Are you saying, that the verse in my last comment, is actually DELETED ?

But what about the verse above ? I mean, God himself is saying that the word will not be changed ???
Looks like you understood concept of erasing very wrongly..and does erasing happens according to your will ?

or is it the will of Ali ?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn74wA4qGpA
(October 31, 2015 at 6:29 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(October 30, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Anyway, if Allah is supposed to be omniscient, he already knows who has the most faith and has no need to test anyone. Why would he test them?

My explanation of this, is that the test is not actually a test from Allah's point of view - because He knows everything - but it is a test from our point of view since we do not know what Allah knows.

Based on that answer, I think that we are basically supposed to prove something to ourselves ... about ourselves. We can't "prove" anything to Allah because He knows everything. He is All-Knowing. This life is a test only in the sense that it is a test to demonstrate to our own selves what position we will earn in the afterlife and why, not to demonstrate to Allah.

Unlike the exams that we take in class where the teacher acquires some information about the students (i.e. based on their grades), Allah doesn't acquire any new information about us after our test is over because He already knows everything. So, the test that Allah speaks of is a fully self-referential test because the information or knowledge that is intended to be gained after completing the test is only for ourselves, not for Allah.

I'm going through a test only to prove something to myself about myself. I can't prove anything to Allah, although He is the one who is testing me.

It makes sense.

Judging from the verses of our origin here ( after the satan incident), being here on this life is something more like..banishment ? ear twisting for us to learn something.

This verse for example :

(Sura 2 Verse 110 )   And establish prayer and give zakah, and whatever good you put forward for yourselves - you will find it with Allah. Indeed, Allah of what you do, is Seeing.

We do all that falls under the good deeds for ourselves actually; giving those acts for God, so he judge us by them. Being said, it's as if we're trying to hold against Satan in every moment in our lives..the seduction he did for our parents -Adam & Eve- is what we go through, tempted against, and tested against in every moment in this life.. Succeeding is success for ourselves, God knows, but God is twisting the ear of our race through this life.

Those who don't realize it, well..hell.
Those who get it, go to heaven.

It's all about ourselves. And this battle royal is impossible to pass, but through believing in God..It's about us.

Makes sense
Give him a travel itinerary to Syria.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Rayaan!  What the fuck is up homeslice..lol?  

One of the things that your god must now about me, is that I'm not a peasant.  Moldy old miracles don't impress me, and threats of pain or torment don't compel me to anything other than the destruction of the one making threats.   He must know that I have my own, deeply held and well developed sense of right and wrong, of goodness and justice.  He must know that I could never be a muslim, even if it were true.   He must know that I was born into the grave, and into the flames.  He must know everything about me....and while much of it is almost certainly petty, and ugly...at least some of it is the very opposite of either.  I may not be a muslim..but I've stood between muslims and the bullets meant for them. I've taken the blast from the bombs muslims layed for each other..left in the street for children, shaped like toys - in their petty disagreements over patches of dirt and tribal loyalty. Knowing me, and who I am, knowing for what and how brightly my heart burns.....will he be beholden to you, and your lot..when it comes time to lay my sentence in the hereafter?  

What a shitty position god would find himself in, if he were required to exterminate me and everyone like me on account of our disbelief, and your expectations.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 31, 2015 at 6:29 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(October 30, 2015 at 11:56 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Anyway, if Allah is supposed to be omniscient, he already knows who has the most faith and has no need to test anyone. Why would he test them?

My explanation of this, is that the test is not actually a test from Allah's point of view - because He knows everything - but it is a test from our point of view since we do not know what Allah knows.

Based on that answer, I think that we are basically supposed to prove something to ourselves ... about ourselves. We can't "prove" anything to Allah because He knows everything. He is All-Knowing. This life is a test only in the sense that it is a test to demonstrate to our own selves what position we will earn in the afterlife and why, not to demonstrate to Allah.

Unlike the exams that we take in class where the teacher acquires some information about the students (i.e. based on their grades), Allah doesn't acquire any new information about us after our test is over because He already knows everything. So, the test that Allah speaks of is a fully self-referential test because the information or knowledge that is intended to be gained after completing the test is only for ourselves, not for Allah.

I'm going through a test only to prove something to myself about myself. I can't prove anything to Allah, although He is the one who is testing me.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to come along and say that.

My move.

Why is it called a test, then? Furthermore, why would an all-knowing, all-powerful being like Allah need to use a "test" to convey anything to anyone? Why wouldn't he just show up and tell them, or feed it to them in a vision or something? We're talking magic here, right? Why does he bother disguising all his "tests" as mundane hardships that don't require his existence to be explained? Is he hiding? Why would he hide?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 55586 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8402 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 1104 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 14825 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Germany - School bans miniskirts because "religion" and "culture" Dystopia 93 17177 July 5, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: abaris
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5823 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Peshawar School Attack and Islam Khansins 4 1536 January 6, 2015 at 1:36 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6608 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Atheist/Islamophobic convert to Islam Sleepy 73 19091 December 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: WesOlsen
  1 in 9 young black people convert to Islam. Mystic 10 4930 August 20, 2013 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Something completely different