Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposing the Intellectual Bankruptcy of Atheists Criticizing Religion
RE: Exposing the Intellectual Bankruptcy of Atheists Criticizing Religion
Yes I meant falsifiable.
(December 8, 2015 at 2:35 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 8, 2015 at 11:22 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I'll have you know, as children my brother managed to BARELY make it alive. He, as was I, were found to be products of the "pagan industry". The ammount of innocent lives killed by (satan worship) "paganism" is litterally ball breaking. There are SO MANY innocent lives that are killed by paganism, that it is not equal to the ammount of hype that the word "paganism" brings up. You have to be serious about that.

I can bet that an approximate "billion" lives die every 5 years to the practice known as "paganism". This is just an estimate, but there are so many forms of paganism. "Back yard paganism", where  you build a little wicker man, probably helps out that number and makes it a "trillion". Are you still so sure that paganism is not satan worship? I know for a fact it is, and I am in the process of proving that to you (if I find a way to....). Most every form of paganism is directly "satanism" or devil worship. In fact, a great majority of popular paganism is ALSO satan worship. They wear masks or whatever, I think gas masks?? Like Malikas (The son of Lucifer), and spread the boundary of their city with pain and curses.

Jehovah God, in point of fact, resides within the story of the wicker man itself. So it is also a RELIGIOUS act, but not in any way at all is it actually religious! The Mikhael angels protect the very dignity of the wicker man, dealing with people like you probably constantly who resort to calling it a religious thing (paganism the religion). They reside within the very kingdom of God, and that's big, so you know that the wicker man is actually meant from the beginning to be an entirely christian thing, and resting outside the realm of actual pagan practice. I believe this is where the religion of Christianity is proven as the world's only actual superpower. Nevertheless, people still make the wicker man look satanic. They make the (Michael is such a popular name these days....) Mikhael angels look bad.

There are enormous ammounts of proof for your incorrect claim though. If you visit just about any "pagan" website on the web, it is linked to an enormous ammount of satan worship. You will find a majority of a million websites directed towards nothing but forum debate (aka satanism as paganism), or other methods of getting their "word" across.

The popularity of paganism, however, is sky high, and it is astonishing that you do not know this about the actual practice known as paganism. Because 10/10th's of the paganism out there is an extremely large population of people doing nothing but sacraficing an innocent person. Daily. Weekly. By the hour. They have clocks that count down to "roast" time. I've seen some of the wildest stuff really.... But if you still believe that Paganism is not Satan worship, perhaps this is the wrong forum for you. You need to join some other forum, preferably "the pagan zoo" (just kidding, but I bet there is a "the pagan zoo" out there some where....).

You know, lying for Jebus is still lying.

Beccs,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are one of those very sad atheist people in the world.... One who doesn't even understand satan worship. Can you please include a definition of Satan worship along with your reply? That would be very helpful. I have waited 2 days to respond to you, you see, and so I am very anxious about what you're going to say in response to me. But please, please tell me, what is it going to be? I mean, if you believe that Satan worship is NOT paganism, you are probably, as I said above, one of those very sad atheist people in the world.... I can't think of another class of people. Nope. Maybe, just maybe, you'll fit in with those atheists that believe in Gaud. You should read about them on wikipedia. They're real informative. I believe t hat sums up the long awaited response. I hope you have a LOVELY day.
Those drugs do nothing for your intelligence buddy. Find a new hobby because you posting here is really harming your ability to rationally string together a coherent thought.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(December 9, 2015 at 8:06 pm)Evie Wrote: I am on Karl Poppers side, I agree that a scientific theory should be unfalsfiable.

Which is why God is outside of nature... and reality and existence.

Hopefully you know that nature and reality are not coequal terms. As I recall, I'd have to dig in my library for the source, Popper acknowledged the need posit the existence of nonmaterial substances.

I also suggest that you take a few moments to read about logical positivism. Your point of view sees like it matches that. You may find it helpful to examine the presuppositions about rational inquiry that you take for granted. At least then you would have a better understanding of both the weaknesses and strengths of relying entirely on a narrow means for evaluating sensory data.
Fucking Hell, isn't trolling against the rules? This motherfucker is talking about Wicker Man now. Come on.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Well, beccs doesn't believe in the devil apparently. She needs to be proven his practices exist.

@Judi Lynn

Comming from the most unintelligent member of the forum?
(December 10, 2015 at 9:19 am)JBrentonK Wrote:
(December 8, 2015 at 2:35 pm)Beccs Wrote: You know, lying for Jebus is still lying.

Beccs,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are one of those very sad atheist people in the world.... One who doesn't even understand satan worship. Can you please include a definition of Satan worship along with your reply? That would be very helpful. I have waited 2 days to respond to you, you see, and so I am very anxious about what you're going to say in response to me. But please, please tell me, what is it going to be? I mean, if you believe that Satan worship is NOT paganism, you are probably, as I said above, one of those very sad atheist people in the world.... I can't think of another class of people. Nope. Maybe, just maybe, you'll fit in with those atheists that believe in Gaud. You should read about them on wikipedia. They're real informative. I believe t hat sums up the long awaited response. I hope you have a LOVELY day.

GTFOH with that crazy shit, man.

Satan worship, by definition, cannot be paganism because it involves an element of Christian mythology - Satan Himself is from the Christian mythos. You might as well call Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Christian Science "paganism", by your stretch.

Pagan traditions come from religions that are not Christian, typically ones that are older than Christianity (even when they've been re-packaged into modern religions, like Wicca). People I've known who are Pagan tend to revere what they call the "old gods" of their ancestors, usually those of Celtic or Germanic or Norse origin, though I've known a few who look to the Greek and/or Egyptian pantheons. None of them worship Satan, and would find the idea laughable. 

What you're likely confusing is the Pagan imagery of a goat-god, Baphomet, with Satan. In fact, historically the image is used because the Knights Templar, when they were being wiped out by the church, were accused of worshiping Baphomet, which scholars have suggested is a corruption of "Muhammad"... it was an accusation that the Templars were incorporating Islamic ideas into their worship. In reality, it was an excuse for the Inquisitors to destroy them. The imagery associated with the accusations against the Templars shaped the general Christian idea of what the Devil supposedly "looks like", resulting in the goat-hoofed, fork-tailed, pitchfork-wielding red guy we think of today... but none of it was reality.

Atheists cannot, by definition, believe in any gods. That's literally what the word atheist means (a = no/without, theos = god/gods), so your accusation of "sad atheists who really believe" is hollow and fatuous.

Try to educate yourself before you go spouting accusations.

Edit to Add: In fairness, I should include the fact that Aleister Crowley did famously make Baphomet a symbol of life and the universe, using the name as his own "magical title", and was accused of Satanism... but Satanism is not Satan Worship, and Crowley vehemently denied being a Satanist or Satan Worshiper. Even if he had been, Satanism is, at its root (as far as I can tell anyway) almost entirely symbolic, deliberately using Christian imagery to "poke Christian ideologies in the eye" as a counterpoint to Christian influences on society. In short, despite the use of "devil-imagery" for shock-value, your accusations against both Pagans and Satanists are false. I've known dozens of both, and have never actually met someone who worships Satan.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(December 10, 2015 at 10:27 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Well, beccs doesn't believe in the devil apparently. She needs to be proven his practices exist.

@Judi Lynn

Even if you could prove that somebody out there does, in fact, worship Satan, that still wouldn't prove that Satan himself exists.

I can prove that people worship Jesus, but that doesn't prove that Jesus exists.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(December 10, 2015 at 10:28 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(December 10, 2015 at 9:19 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Beccs,

GTFOH with that crazy shit, man.

Satan worship, by definition, cannot be paganism because it involves an element of Christian mythology - Satan Himself is from the Christian mythos. You might as well call Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Christian Science "paganism", by your stretch.

Pagan traditions come from religions that are not Christian, typically ones that are older than Christianity (even when they've been re-packaged into modern religions, like Wicca). People I've known who are Pagan tend to revere what they call the "old gods" of their ancestors, usually those of Celtic or Germanic or Norse origin, though I've known a few who look to the Greek and/or Egyptian pantheons. None of them worship Satan, and would find the idea laughable. 

What you're likely confusing is the Pagan imagery of a goat-god, Baphomet, with Satan. In fact, historically the image is used because the Knights Templar, when they were being wiped out by the church, were accused of worshiping Baphomet, which scholars have suggested is a corruption of "Muhammad"... it was an accusation that the Templars were incorporating Islamic ideas into their worship. In reality, it was an excuse for the Inquisitors to destroy them. The imagery associated with the accusations against the Templars shaped the general Christian idea of what the Devil supposedly "looks like", resulting in the goat-hoofed, fork-tailed, pitchfork-wielding red guy we think of today... but none of it was reality.

Atheists cannot, by definition, believe in any gods. That's literally what the word atheist means (a = no/without, theos = god/gods), so your accusation of "sad atheists who really believe" is hollow and fatuous.

Try to educate yourself before you go spouting accusations.

Edit to Add: In fairness, I should include the fact that Aleister Crowley did famously made Baphomet a symbol of life and the universe, using the name as his own "magical title", and was accused of Satanism... but Satanism is not Satan Worship, and Crowley vehemently denied being a Satanist or Satan Worshiper. Even if he had been, Satanism is, at its root (as far as I can tell anyway) almost entirely symbolic, deliberately using Christian imagery to "poke Christian ideologies in the eye" as a counterpoint to Christian influences on society. In short, despite the use of "devil-imagery" for shock-value, your accusations against both Pagans and Satanists are false. I've known dozens of both, and have never actually met someone who worships Satan.

WOAH buddy! Woah! I was starting to have some respect for you and your posts, but now I see what they boil down to. A load of ****. You, as is beccs, are incorrect. Paganism is devil worship, and there are no elements of paganism that are NOT devil worship. You can look all you want pal, but you won't find any of paganism relating directly to God. That is why it's called Satanism, you dipshit. When we use the word paganism, we mean Satanism. And every atheist that disbelieves in God can find proof for the devil all he wants--- you see?
(December 10, 2015 at 10:27 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Well, beccs doesn't believe in the devil apparently. She needs to be proven his practices exist.

@Judi Lynn

SICK BURN BRO
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How atheists can enjoy religion Ahriman 100 9874 September 5, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Todji812
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11753 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all atheists this ill-informed about religion? Delicate 860 160891 January 19, 2016 at 12:03 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 5323 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Criticizing Islam is racist? Lemonvariable72 128 19931 November 5, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20907 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 56474 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11648 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Thiests: This how atheists see religion Gooders1002 22 8714 May 5, 2013 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Atheists are pagan worshipers who started another religion. bjhulk 42 28442 February 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Calmedady