Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 4:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Film Club
RE: Film Club
(February 14, 2016 at 3:13 pm)Aroura Wrote: So, I couldn't sleep last night anyway, so hubby and I watched Enemy. I'll just say I think it's a great film to start this film club with, as it should garner lots of interesting discussion. Good choice EP!

I agree as well, it's becoming harder to find a decent movie in today's world. There is way too much shit out there! I'm always on the hunt for a good movie which is becoming almost like an urban-legend. "Really grand-dad, can you tell us the story of what life was like when there was good movies?".
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

So how many people have watched it until now? There's two days left.

I'm preparing to watch it myself, right now.
I'll watch it. Sounds like fun.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(February 18, 2016 at 12:39 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: So how many people have watched it until now? There's two days left.

Can you start a thread for discussion when you finish? I'm excited to discuss it!

If you link the thread in here, then people can be warned to only come to that thread once they have watched the movie, so we don't accidentally spoil anything.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(February 19, 2016 at 12:20 am)Aroura Wrote:
(February 18, 2016 at 12:39 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: So how many people have watched it until now? There's two days left.

Can you start a thread for discussion when you finish? I'm excited to discuss it!

If you link the thread in here, then people can be warned to only come to that thread once they have watched the movie, so we don't accidentally spoil anything.

Not now, tomorrow is the deadline.
There might still be people who didn't watch and we wouldn't want them to feel left out- for us to start without them.

I don't know, that's just my personal opinion. If you guys want to do it like that, no problem. We might as well never declare a deadline then, just start talking about it in the appropriate thread as soon as we watch it.

I'll go ahead and make the thread now. I'll leave the choice up to you.

Here it is:

(February 19, 2016 at 12:24 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: There might still be people who didn't watch and we wouldn't want them to feel left out- for us to start without them.

I don't know, that's just my personal opinion. If you guys want to do it like that, no problem. We might as well never declare a deadline then, just start talking about it in the appropriate thread as soon as we watch it.

I'll go ahead and make the thread now. I'll leave the choice up to you.

Here it is:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to force it all by myself, it was just an idea because I was excited about the film! lol  When is the week up?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
It's ok. We were supposed to start tomorrow, but people will just join us then if they intend to.
I watched it, it was ok not the best or the worst film I ever seen.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

http://atheistforums.org/thread-41667.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number 5's Surreal Creepy Film Collection zwanzig 111 7736 May 15, 2023 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The first rule for "Hare club" is...... Brian37 10 812 January 26, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Stuart: A Life Backwards (Film) Shell B 0 269 April 12, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone remember this cartoon/nature film spoof? Brian37 0 394 October 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Dark Tower-Film Shell B 28 3290 August 6, 2017 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anime Club Sterben 84 10442 February 15, 2017 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Scorsese meets presided of pedophilia club Fake Messiah 10 3054 December 10, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Regina
  MUSIC CLUB MEETING #1 - "Creep On Creepin' On" Aegon 15 2009 August 22, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Book club Excited Penguin 9 1668 August 21, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  "Music Club"? Aegon 44 3634 August 18, 2016 at 12:26 am
Last Post: c172