Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith?
RE: Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith?
(April 22, 2016 at 10:04 am)Drich Wrote: people know Islam is a hair to the left of outright evil, they are just afraid to say anything. Because the rest of the world has not condemned it yet.

The Evil in the world protects the evil in religion. It attacks anything that opposes or simply stands in contrast to said evil.

As oppose to jesusism, which is just a hair to the right of Islam?
(April 22, 2016 at 7:37 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I admire the comparison of being a Muslim to volunteering to be violently anally fisted, that's quite a good analolgy.
I still think she would have to remain confined because it says confine her until death, if she's a Muslim or not a Muslim. It also says no compulsion in religion but not that you can just give up being a Muslim whenever you don't want to face the consequences of Islamic law

Yes, in terms of "pure definition", sentences like the confinement sentence and sexual practices are, on a very premitive level, equal. 
Both belong to the "actions's" class.
Bother are objects, new instances of the abstract class: action.

Thus, from yet another point existing on the high ground I ask: why do all kinds of freaky shit -that involve violence, pain, blood, permanent damage; all kind of rituals- in the modern era, are accepted, or at least understandable -like self harm which the law doesn't interfere with-, but, a group of people are not accepted, or understood if:

-they want to exchange in gold
-they want to get lashed after certain sexual intercourse
https://www.extremerestraints.com/flogge...whips_159/

-they want to limit their alcohol consumption 
-they want to wear "more cloths" especially since it makes the women of that society feel more safe
-they want to punish each other, just like a mistress punishes her love?

Why?
(April 22, 2016 at 10:59 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 7:37 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I admire the comparison of being a Muslim to volunteering to be violently anally fisted, that's quite a good analolgy.
I still think she would have to remain confined because it says confine her until death, if she's a Muslim or not a Muslim. It also says no compulsion in religion but not that you can just give up being a Muslim whenever you don't want to face the consequences of Islamic law

Yes, in terms of "pure definition", sentences like the confinement sentence and sexual practices are, on a very premitive level, equal. 
Both belong to the "actions's" class.
Bother are objects, new instances of the abstract class: action.

Thus, from yet another point existing on the high ground I ask: why do all kinds of freaky shit -that involve violence, pain, blood, permanent damage; all kind of rituals- in the modern era, are accepted, or at least understandable -like self harm which the law doesn't interfere with-, but, a group of people are not accepted, or understood if:

-they want to exchange in gold
-they want to get lashed after certain sexual intercourse
https://www.extremerestraints.com/flogge...whips_159/

-they want to limit their alcohol consumption 
-they want to wear "more cloths" especially since it makes the women of that society feel more safe
-they want to punish each other, just like a mistress punishes her love?

Why?

I think the difference is that Muslims are often indoctrinated into the religion from a young age.  It's not like when the child reaches 6 they're asked if they fancy being a Muslim. They're told the quran is a fact and the quran says if you don't believe in the quran you're repeatedly roasted, then you will have your roasted skin replaced by fresh skin to be roasted again for an indefinite period of time.
So the choice is being roasted forever while allah purposefully subjects you to as much pain as possible or subject yourself to being a Muslim and follow these rules where a husband can beat you if he fears rebellion from you, confine you to a house until you're dead if you cheat on your husband, plus the other punishments of lashing and things like that.

On the other hand people aren't indoctrinated into kinky sex, well they are in a sense but they aren't told they will burn in hell if they don't participate.  It's something for enjoyment, there's often a safe word used if a person wants to get out of it and so on.  

From what I recall you have been heavily indoctrinated into Islam yourself, if you've been reading the quran since a young age and you're getting the message either believe this or die and roast forever I can't imagine the kind of affect that would have on a child.
Whereas your sexual choices are your own, no one is saying be into what you're into or have your skin roasted.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 22, 2016 at 11:35 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I think the difference is that Muslims are often indoctrinated into the religion from a young age.  It's not like when the child reaches 6 they're asked if they fancy being a Muslim. They're told the quran is a fact and the quran says if you don't believe in the quran you're repeatedly roasted, then you will have your roasted skin replaced by fresh skin to be roasted again for an indefinite period of time.
So the choice is being roasted forever while allah purposefully subjects you to as much pain as possible or subject yourself to being a Muslim and follow these rules where a husband can beat you if he fears rebellion from you, confine you to a house until you're dead if you cheat on your husband, plus the other punishments of lashing and things like that.

On the other hand people aren't indoctrinated into kinky sex, well they are in a sense but they aren't told they will burn in hell if they don't participate.  It's something for enjoyment, there's often a safe word used if a person wants to get out of it and so on.  

From what I recall you have been heavily indoctrinated into Islam yourself, if you've been reading the quran since a young age and you're getting the message either believe this or die and roast forever I can't imagine the kind of affect that would have on a child.
Whereas your sexual choices are your own, no one is saying be into what you're into or have your skin roasted.

Other humans are indoctrinated into modern culture; too. Accepting of certain activities is something we are being taught since childhood. It doesn't answer my question, why would you agree to allow that thing, but not the other? what's your standard? 

It gets back to the classic "objective morality" thing, what is right and what is wrong? and then again, we find out that humans will always differ; thus it is better to leave each to their own, let everybody does what they want, once we hit adulthood then we are free.

For kids though; laws don't exist except they must ask for permission before entering a room where adults are. Thus; no harm is inflicted, so nobody has the right to interfere.

If Muslims teach their kids about hell, Bethesda teach the world's kids about deathclaws & how to get a headshot with a home-made pipe bolt action sniper rifle, or Chinese assault rifles that take out the limbs of post apocalyptic settlers; yet to be barbecued by a shishkabab. Unlike the Quran; these stories "MOVE" and interact. ,and every year they witness enhancement to graphics. But all of us love them that's for sure.

Sexual choices are in many cases: don't develop on their own. I didn't choose to be like this. I didn't choose to love transexuals. I love them because my environemnt enforced that on me. I was forced to. Sexuality develop due to experience, no wonder small kids who get molested, are probably going to turn pedophiles too when they grow up. Google it.

Though, we always have a choice, we can always say no. That's the choice.

But gay people aren't gay because they want to. I'm bi, and I won't submit to this stereotypical idea; even if theists and atheists stood against me. I know what I feel. It's not our fault. Commiting the act is our fault, but the feelings, I can only be honest and admit, that they came from childhood.
(April 23, 2016 at 8:05 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 11:35 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I think the difference is that Muslims are often indoctrinated into the religion from a young age.  It's not like when the child reaches 6 they're asked if they fancy being a Muslim. They're told the quran is a fact and the quran says if you don't believe in the quran you're repeatedly roasted, then you will have your roasted skin replaced by fresh skin to be roasted again for an indefinite period of time.

Other humans are indoctrinated into modern culture; too. Accepting of certain activities is something we are being taught since childhood. It doesn't answer my question, why would you agree to allow that thing, but not the other? what's your standard? 

It gets back to the classic "objective morality" thing, what is right and what is wrong? and then again, we find out that humans will always differ; thus it is better to leave each to their own, let everybody does what they want, once we hit adulthood then we are free.

For kids though; laws don't exist except they must ask for permission before entering a room where adults are. Thus; no harm is inflicted, so nobody has the right to interfere.

If Muslims teach their kids about hell, Bethesda teach the world's kids about deathclaws & how to get a headshot with a home-made pipe bolt action sniper rifle, or Chinese assault rifles that take out the limbs of post apocalyptic settlers; yet to be barbecued by a shishkabab. Unlike the Quran; these stories "MOVE" and interact. ,and every year they witness enhancement to graphics. But all of us love them that's for sure.

Sexual choices are in many cases: don't develop on their own. I didn't choose to be like this. I didn't choose to love transexuals. I love them because my environemnt enforced that on me. I was forced to. Sexuality develop due to experience, no wonder small kids who get molested, are probably going to turn pedophiles too when they grow up. Google it.

Though, we always have a choice, we can always say no. That's the choice.

But gay people aren't gay because they want to. I'm bi, and I won't submit to this stereotypical idea; even if theists and atheists stood against me. I know what I feel. It's not our fault. Commiting the act is our fault, but the feelings, I can only be honest and admit, that they came from childhood.

You say sexual choices don't develop on their own, you didn't choose to love transsexuals. 

1) If a sexual choice isn't a choice then it's not a choice.  If you didn't choose to love transexuals there was no choice.

2) Is it not correct (I can't find the post where you said it right now) that you do have the opinion that sexuality is not a choice and therefore sexual choices like who you like are also not a choice?

Now as for my standard of what I think is right or wrong to indoctrinate children with my own standards come from my own beliefs as I'm sure yours do.

That wasn't actually the point I was making, the main point was to show the differences between indoctrinating children with threats of supernatural violence and children developing into adolescence with some sexual preferences.

But on the topic of standards of indoctrination......

If I suddenly believed the quran is true and not primitive bullshit to put it bluntly, I'd want to look after my children and make sure they don't get roasted for eternity so I'd tell them if they don't believe in the quran they're going to burn forever and tell my son he can only have sex with the slave girls he marries or his wives and so on and all the other rules of the quran.

Right now I have no religious beliefs so what I'd focus on indoctrinating my children with unquestioningly is non religious things I know from experience will improve their chances of success and safety such as to stay away from the traffic, don't play near the road, don't smoke or drink alcohol and so on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Islamic standards of indoctrination, they want the best for their children, they don't want them to burn forever.  It's the belief that they are going to burn forever that I think is incorrect.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 15195 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2798 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 4117 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 760 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 702 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1341 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 25700 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 7678 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 22007 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5945 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye