Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Over for Trump
RE: Game Over for Trump
(October 8, 2016 at 6:30 pm)Lek Wrote: Nothing I would rather see more than Trump dropping out and Pence taking his place.

Leave it to you to wave the pom poms for theocratic fascism.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(October 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 12:36 pm)Aegon Wrote: Establishing policy guidelines is the reason he has the title of "chief legislator."

... except, he doesn't have that title, and policy guidelines do not have the force of law. Feel free to look it up.

Okay, I shouldn't have used the word "title" because that made it sound more official than it is. "Chief legislator" is one of the titles/roles my elementary school teachers taught me when I was but a wee lad...
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Quote:This opinion piece is by R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary inLouisville.

America’s evangelical Christians, awakened by the millions to political activism barely a generation ago, now find themselves in what can only be described as a crisis of conscience. The immediate and excruciating crisis has a name — Donald Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...ative_2_na
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 11:11 am)Bella Morte Wrote: No, but you get the point.

Here's hoping he says something to Merkel.  Smile

"I wanna grab your pussy?"

Actually come to think of it, he's not the asking-permission type.

I was more thinking about telling her to go fuck herself, or something. But hey, those rapefugees she's letting into Europe aren't exactly asking-permission types either.
(October 9, 2016 at 1:07 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Iroscato Wrote: "I wanna grab your pussy?"

Actually come to think of it, he's not the asking-permission type.

I was more thinking about telling her to go fuck herself, or something. But hey, those rapefugees she's letting into Europe aren't exactly asking-permission types either.

None of those "rapefugees" (for fuck's sake, really?) are running to be the leader of the most powerful country in the world. But your boy is, and he's turning out to be quite the little sex offender.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Some countries have accepted refugees. Countries that have no problems with foreign people. The refugees just dont wanna come here, because its hard to live. Still better than a war torn place. Ah the lusitanian beach.
(October 9, 2016 at 12:47 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... except, he doesn't have that title, and policy guidelines do not have the force of law. Feel free to look it up.

Okay, I shouldn't have used the word "title" because that made it sound more official than it is. "Chief legislator" is one of the titles/roles my elementary school teachers taught me when I was but a wee lad...

Yes. He approves or vetoes law. He doesn't perform the functions of a legislator -- crafting and amending law.

Sorry if I'm coming across overly pedantic, but the separation of powers is an incredibly important concept to our democracy ... and conversely, vesting the power to make law in the hands of one man is a hallmark of autocracy.

(October 9, 2016 at 1:41 am)Aroura Wrote: You are right Cato, when has the right ever cared about policy in the last 2 decades? They only care about the facade.

And Sanders at least came close. If he was just a little younger, I think he'd have a big chance next election.

But let's be clear about Sanders.  He suffered from the same problem as Drumpf.  Nothing he promised had a chance in hell of getting through Congress.  Sanders, having been in Congress for 25 years should know that.  Drumpf, who doesn't know shit from shinola about how the government works is simply ignorant.

Both were peddling pie-in-the-sky to their fans.
Borowitz:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...n-and-gays

Quote:Republicans Urge Replacing Man Who Hates Women with Man Who Hates Women and Gays

Quote:“What this party needs right now is healing,” he said. “I can think of no one better to make that happen than a man who’s shown he hates many people equally.”
Bobby D nails it:

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1152 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37163 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I know how the Dems could fuck over Trump Won2blv 13 4421 June 10, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump's blame game -- absolutely hilarious. Jehanne 3 568 March 25, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: abaris
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3216 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4263 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1727 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Trump U. The Comprehensive Guide to A Con Artist's Game Minimalist 0 484 March 17, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1298 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32