Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else noticed that Min's absent for a week?
RE: Anyone else noticed that Min's absent for a week?
(February 5, 2017 at 3:16 am)robvalue Wrote: Lol Big Grin

That was the most important part. Or the least. I forget. It was over ten seconds ago I wrote that, and my memory of the past gets pretty hazy. What was all that bullshit?

Big Grin erm, an argument against I think Wink or maybe your memory was right and it was just bullshit Wink

Personally I don't have any problem at all with click-bait either. Sometimes a bit of mystery is good and you learn pretty quick what to expect from a given poster, so if it's consistently not interesting you learn not to bother.

Plus, I miss Min Sad ...I need my daily helping of extreme profanity and pointed criticisms of theist arguments Wink
(February 5, 2017 at 3:21 am)pool the great Wrote: It's a matter of preference. I for one like a bit of intriguing title and some of you don't. No reason to completely ban fun titles though.

You're just a walking ball of confirmation bias, aren't you?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 5, 2017 at 3:49 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(February 5, 2017 at 3:21 am)pool the great Wrote: It's a matter of preference. I for one like a bit of intriguing title and some of you don't. No reason to completely ban fun titles though.

You're just a walking ball of confirmation bias, aren't you?

Lol don't get all butt hurt I'm not looking for a debate just my opinion.
I've had my say, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm not trying to attack the staff. In general they do a great job and I very much appreciate it. I understand it's a difficult and mostly thankless task, having been there myself. I'm just calling things like I see them, and you can take it or leave it.

And another thing...
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hey Rob, you know when a theist posts a thread title like: "Why atheism is bad", or "God is in our hearts", etc. Why shouldn't we ban them on the spot for being deluded liars and trying to deceive their fellow members!

Why worry about thread titles when most of the content of what some theists write is arrogant, deluded, incoherent, etc
I say let's ban all bullshit all together !

I'm playing it safe: 1+1=2
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, indeed. Some people's titles are just atrocious and bear little resemblance to the "content" they then spew out. If we're gonna start writing their titles for them, we may as well correct all the errors in their post as well. Some people just talk nonsense, and that has never been against the rules.

I had an idea for an alternative... make it so that the ignore feature (optionally, with a tick box) stops threads started by people on your list appearing on your screen. So it's then a clean list from people you're still interested in hearing from. Or maybe a "total ignore" list as well as the ignore list, so as to not lose too many threads in the process. I would appreciate such a feature, as I just totally avoid clicking on any topic if it's made by certain people, because I can be sure I won't be interested. This then gives the best of both worlds, without having to judge people's titling skills.

Really, if you can't control your urge to click on titles which you think aren't good enough anyway, you only have yourself to blame.

(I started a new topic in the feedback section, with this suggestion.)
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(February 4, 2017 at 6:13 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(February 4, 2017 at 2:08 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: We do.  Personally, I dislike clickbait subjects, but I think this is a difficult rule to get the implementation and enforcement correctly.  I was skeptical, remain skeptical, and I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on how it works out.

Were there complaints from laymembers about clickbait?

Yeah, I asked that too. I only saw one person ever complain.

Index of my best videos
Just follow the damn rule and quit complaining lol. Not that hard!

Not aiming this to anyone specifically. Just a general comment. Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Well, I saw ATT's complaint upthread, of course, but I was wondering if this came about as a result of a complaint or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 776 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1206 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2799 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1935 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  National Nurses Week! chimp3 10 1107 May 9, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 9159 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 2157 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2370 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If I could have just one week Losty 21 5381 July 11, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ever had a fun experience ruined by someone else? NuclearEnergy 5 2091 June 3, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: vorlon13