Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 12:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do Atheists Criticize People's Beliefs?
(May 25, 2017 at 3:45 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I'm also thinking of the impression we give to the visitors who may be browsing the boards.

Though it wasn't a joke, you can rest assured it wasn't belligerent or accusatory, either. I thought the subject post might have accidentally gotten deleted and was checking. Feel free to delete the post if you wish, or I can delete the text within it.
RE: Why Do Atheists Criticize People's Beliefs?
De nada. I won't be deleting the post though, and I'd appreciate it if you (as in everyone) didn't make a habit of it either. It can disrupt the threads.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 25, 2017 at 4:15 pm)Cyberman Wrote: De nada. I won't be deleting the post though, and I'd appreciate it if you (as in everyone) didn't make a habit of it either. It can disrupt the threads.

In the future, I'll wait longer to see if there's a change, and if not, I'll send a PM to the poster
It might be better to make a report, especially if it's past the editing deadline for regular members.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Will do.
(May 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm)Cyberman Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 11:58 am)Valyza1 Wrote: Nope.  The original post quoted me but didn't have a response.  It was changed after I posted that.

Succubus changed it after accidentally double-posting. It didn't "get deleted".

So this is what the fuss is about? Thanks for the clarification.

(May 25, 2017 at 2:56 pm)Valyza1 Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Succubus changed it after accidentally double-posting. It didn't "get deleted".

Before I noticed any changes, all I saw was my whole post in a quote box without any response attached to it, making it look as if the response part of it possibly got deleted, and it was at that time I posted that particular statement.  Why has this become an issue?

Because 'you', made it an issue. It stood out like a diamond on a goats arse I accidentally made a double post. Ok, I made a balls of editing the thing but SFW?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(May 25, 2017 at 2:51 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Regarding the OP, I've just got to say it.  I find the idea that atheists mock other people's beliefs laughable.  What a ridiculous idea!  Only a completely deluded moron would believe such a thing about atheists as nice as us.

Your sarcasm may be a bit to subtle.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm)Succubus Wrote: Because 'you', made it an issue. It stood out like a diamond on a goats arse I accidentally made a double post. Ok, I made a balls of editing the thing but SFW?
Then I apologize, truly. It certainly wasn't my intention to make it an issue, and I honestly didn't think it was an issue at the time. I'm not used to this forum, and didn't know you were in the middle of editing, and I was sincerely just trying to be helpful. I am sorry. I was informed about my mistake and resolved to deal with future issues differently in a way that is more in accordance with forum etiquette. Let's please put this to rest, now.

(May 25, 2017 at 9:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 25, 2017 at 2:51 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Regarding the OP, I've just got to say it.  I find the idea that atheists mock other people's beliefs laughable.  What a ridiculous idea!  Only a completely deluded moron would believe such a thing about atheists as nice as us.

Your sarcasm may be a bit to subtle.

I picked up on it but there are no "like" buttons on this forum
That's what kudos are for.  Now pony up.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have a follow-up question. Why do people seek out atheist forums to criticize atheists of being too critical so often?
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 671 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How often do your beliefs change? Ahriman 37 3115 January 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5797 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My views on religious doctrine and beliefs robvalue 9 1021 October 2, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 20632 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Why are the Abraham religions so interested in controlling people sexually NuclearEnergy 42 11284 June 21, 2017 at 11:27 am
Last Post: John V
  Why do some religious people think the world revolves around them? Cecelia 28 9599 June 3, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: J a c k
  What would you call my new beliefs? Won2blv 88 12340 March 6, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Nonpareil
  More insight into religion: logical and emotional beliefs robvalue 22 3620 August 16, 2016 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What is it with Christians here in the U.S. with shoving their beliefs on everyone GoHalos1993 12 2636 May 19, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger