Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 17, 2018 at 11:19 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 11:09 pm)Joods Wrote: If she was so concerned with it being actual sexual assault, then why go to a reporter instead of the police? Would she have done that if she hadn't been with someone famous? Chances are she wouldn't have. One has a right to question her motive for speaking to a reporter because this guy has celebrity status. If there are any charges pressed, it's literally now unrealistic for him to even get a fair trial simply because it's made national headlines. I say she got even, if that's what she was even going for. Who's to say what her motive was for having her "story" told.

Didn't you take a powder last year in part because that same first question was asked of you? Forgive me if I'm not remembering that correctly, but it seemed terribly upsetting to you at that time.

I believe Joods is questioning why she went to a reporter instead of the police; not why she didn’t go to the police at all.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 17, 2018 at 11:23 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 11:19 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Didn't you take a powder last year in part because that same first question was asked of you? Forgive me if I'm not remembering that correctly, but it seemed terribly upsetting to you at that time.

I believe Joods is questioning why she went to a reporter instead of the police; not why she didn’t go to the police at all.

I'll try to follow that distinction, but it still strikes me as discrediting her story based on the absence of police contact. It seems to me that "why did she turn to the media?" has already been answered in the Babe article, though. She turned to friends in order to assess if her perception of events was justified.

"Lyin bitches be gettin revenge". The whole situation is a landmine. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 17, 2018 at 11:30 pm)Khemikal Wrote: "Lyin bitches be gettin revenge".  The whole situation is a landmine.  Wink

Are you kidding?  This whole thread is a landmine. 😛
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
IKR?  Thanks, Aziz!  Dodgy
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Basically, he ordered white instead of red wine,

That is inexcusable.
(January 17, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Joods Wrote: So this happened in Tribeca, which is located in New York state, Manhattan, to be more precise. So I looked up the state statutes on what constitutes sexual assault. I think it's pretty easy to determine whats what, so I'll just put the information here.  

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-la...-laws.html

Quote:New York Sexual Assault Statute
Forcible Touching and Sexual Abuse Offenses
Penal Code Sections 130.52 - 130.70

Quote:http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-law/pe...30-52.html

A person is guilty of forcible touching when such person intentionally, and for no legitimate purpose:
1. forcibly touches the sexual or other intimate parts of another person for the purpose of degrading or abusing such person, or for the purpose of gratifying the actor's sexual desire;  or
2. subjects another person to sexual contact for the purpose of gratifying the actor's sexual desire and with intent to degrade or abuse such other person while such other person is a passenger on a bus, train, or subway car operated by any transit agency, authority or company, public or private, whose operation is authorized by New York state or any of its political subdivisions.
For the purposes of this section, forcible touching includes squeezing, grabbing or pinching.
Forcible touching is a class A misdemeanor.

Quote:A person is guilty of sexual abuse in the third degree when he or she subjects another person to sexual contact without the latter's consent;  except that in any prosecution under this section, it is an affirmative defense that (a) such other person's lack of consent was due solely to incapacity to consent by reason of being less than seventeen years old, and (b) such other person was more than fourteen years old, and © the defendant was less than five years older than such other person.

Sexual abuse in the third degree is a class B misdemeanor.

I compel anyone to find anything that would indicate that he sexually assaulted her, under the legal definition as defined by New York State Statutes and I will gladly stand corrected.

As far as New York State in concerned, Forcible Touching and Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree would appear to be quite applicable to this matter.
If you "don't see it."..then you just don't see it, I guess.

I don't know what to tell you, chick. Tis unfortunate.
(January 17, 2018 at 11:19 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 11:09 pm)Joods Wrote: If she was so concerned with it being actual sexual assault, then why go to a reporter instead of the police? Would she have done that if she hadn't been with someone famous? Chances are she wouldn't have. One has a right to question her motive for speaking to a reporter because this guy has celebrity status. If there are any charges pressed, it's literally now unrealistic for him to even get a fair trial simply because it's made national headlines. I say she got even, if that's what she was even going for. Who's to say what her motive was for having her "story" told.

Didn't you take a powder last year in part because that same first question was asked of you? Forgive me if I'm not remembering that correctly, but it seemed terribly upsetting to you at that time.

Unlike Grace, I was actually raped. The person responsible threatened my life and the life of my child. To those who think I don't know the difference - I do. Very much so. The person who raped me wasn't a celebrity. The person who raped me was someone whom I thought I could trust because unlike Grace, I knew this person. 

Oh - and unlike Grace, I never went to a reporter to get my story out.

(January 17, 2018 at 11:23 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 11:19 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Didn't you take a powder last year in part because that same first question was asked of you? Forgive me if I'm not remembering that correctly, but it seemed terribly upsetting to you at that time.  

Exactly. But nice of people to bring up my actual rape and compare it to this. Like, what the actual fuck.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I've never been raped by a celebrity either.  I guess other people have all the luck (I couldn't help it).
(January 18, 2018 at 12:12 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Joods Wrote: So this happened in Tribeca, which is located in New York state, Manhattan, to be more precise. So I looked up the state statutes on what constitutes sexual assault. I think it's pretty easy to determine whats what, so I'll just put the information here.  

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-la...-laws.html

I compel anyone to find anything that would indicate that he sexually assaulted her, under the legal definition as defined by New York State Statutes and I will gladly stand corrected.

As far as New York State in concerned, Forcible Touching and Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree would appear to be quite applicable to this matter.
If you "don't see it."..then you just don't see it, I guess.

I don't know what to tell you, chick. Tis unfortunate.

Except you twisted it to mean what you wanted it to. You conveniently left out the words "except that in any prosecution under this section, it is an affirmative defense that (a) such other person's lack of consent was due solely to incapacity to consent by reason of being less than seventeen years old, and (b) such other person was more than fourteen years old, and © the defendant was less than five years older than such other person."

You are leaving out the age part of that section. 

You keep failing to realize that as soon as she expressed the fact that she no longer wanted to do things, he stopped. And not at any time was she being held there. She. Was. Free. To. Go. At. Any. Time. She was happy with whatever he was doing until she decided that she wasn't happy with it and he stopped. 

I find it sad that you don't want to acknowledge that convenient fact, but you want to accuse me, a victim of SA, of victim blaming. If you don't see that, chick, I guess you don't. And yes, it is quite sad when you try to use someone else's history against them in this way. Same goes for your boyfriend who couldn't even get the facts straight about my past either. 

How about you do you and I'll do me and we'll just leave it at that since you don't want to have a reasonable discussion. You just want to sling insults and accusations at anyone who doesn't agree with you.  Tis a shame about that sort of mindset. 
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 gets 34... Ravenshire 56 2770 June 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 1119 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1766 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 2264 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1250 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1846 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 6440 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 858 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 3230 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 664 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope