Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are your answers?
RE: What are your answers?
1: Wounded? Upset? No. I simply have seen no compelling evidence to believe in god. If he suddenly appeared, I'd have no choice to believe - but I would not bow.

2/3: I don't hate god/jesus any more than I hate the tooth fairy or leprechauns.

4: Converted to another religion? Atheism isn't a religion. I have heard of atheists who have become believes. No, I did not feel swayed in the least by this.

5. "God didn't show up like he should have" - presupposes the existence of god. I expect nothing of things I don't believe in.

6. If I feel like it, I'll mock willful stupid wherever I see it, in whatever form it takes.
(August 25, 2011 at 4:20 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
(August 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: And another thing you said you KNOW god is good because you BELIEVE he has a better sense of justice. Isnt there an obvious problem with that reasoning?

Honey... knowledge is an assumption of correctness. Ergo: it is taken on faith to be true.

So no... it seems 100% tautological to me.

I am in complete agreement! On faith, what you believe can be accepted as something you know.

I've also had many experiences where people have wronged me, especially my father. When I told the Lord how much I hated him, the Lord revealed to me that I had been forgiven for the evil things that I did and that it was hypocritical for me not to forgive. He presented it to me like this: How can you say that you love God, whom you cannot see and hate your brother who you see everyday? It's not possible. I love God, therefore I love all the people who have wronged me, not with my own understanding of love, but with God's love. I think that is a powerful sense of justice (and mercy) that I KNOW is above my own.
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
(August 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm)salty Wrote: I am in complete agreement! On faith, what you believe can be accepted as something you know.

Of course you are, because it lets you dismiss anything that disagrees with your faith as another faith (which you have already done). Unfortunately for your beliefs it isn't true.

Sae was trolling (AND SHE KNOWS THIS.......MAN)
Facepalm See what you've done?

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm)Thor Wrote:
(August 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm)salty Wrote: Good call. We are loud with our beliefs, I never looked at it that way.

Glad to see you agree.

Seriously, I can hardly go anywhere without seeing someone promoting their religious beliefs. I went out yesterday and saw a guy wearing a hat that said "I LOVE JESUS". I can't drive down the road without seeing a car sporting a "GOT JESUS?" bumper sticker. I can't go to the store without seeing someone wearing a "Jesus is my savior" T-shirt. I was at Disney World and saw a plane skywrite the message "JESUS LOVES YOU". I don't know how many times I've gone into a public restroom and found some stupid religious pamphlet sitting on top of the urinal. I can't tell you how many times I've walked down a street and encountered somebody holding up a sign saying "REPENT!" while they loudly spouted "Jesus died for our sins!". And it's annoying as hell when some sanctimonious pinhead bangs on my door to hand me their religious literature.

Frankly, I don't care what you believe. But when you proclaim what I consider to be nonsensical beliefs as "truth" in a public forum, I'm going to speak up and challenge you to provide evidence that what you're saying is true.

THOR! That means just about every day you experience something that kind of makes you crazy! I'm just imagining, in your shoes, what it feels like to be...bombarded with pressure to love someone that you don't know or care about. It would be like me seeing signs about Vishnu or...Zues or...Apollo! Something that I didn't feel was real, all over people's cars, their faces, their bodies, in public places...wow, you're right that would be so irritating.

Secretly, I don't like any bumper stickers, religious or not. I just find them annoying, cars are cool enough, I don't think anything needs to be added to a vehicle. Hey, have you seen those fake vents people screw onto their cars to make them look expensive, they crack me up. I walked by a car with like three of them and I was laughing so hard I started crying...those things are knee-slappers to me.

ROFLOL
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
(August 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: bahahahahahahahahah! The sig is FANTASTIC!

Where are you all getting these sig images?

(August 26, 2011 at 1:35 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote:
(August 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: bahahahahahahahahah! The sig is FANTASTIC!

Where are you all getting these sig images?

The wonderful, amazing, and delightful Cinjin. Mine is made from images of my tattoo. Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(August 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm)salty Wrote: (...)I KNOW is above my own.

It is sad when a decent, thoughtfull human being, gives thanks to an imaginary being putted there through early indoctrination and social pressure...

Cant you fucking accept that you are capable of clear reasonable thoughts? I guess that's how your particular death cult operates, relinquishes all their followers from virtue and gives it to the egothistical attention whore that the Xtian god is supposed to be...
Quote:What does it mean to be an earth creationist?

Basically it means an IQ in the mid double-digits.
(August 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
(August 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Takes no faith whatsoever, doubt it top to bottom. Doubt it every day. That's where good science comes from. I doubt, for example, that there was only one instance of abiogenesis, only one vector for life.

One can doubt things they have faith in Smile

Ace Wrote:Evidence and facts don't require faith, they require knowledge and understanding.

Knowledge: Faith.
Understanding: Anecdotal.

Feared it? Doubt that. Respected it? Certainly.

Good tool for terrifying the fuck out of your neighbors: rip other neighbors to shred ritualistically. Is no wonder the other tribes assisted Cortez Tongue

Sae...I'm so impressed by your openness to doubting and believing, to reacting to faith and knowledge. I find myself rushing for your next response, thank you for defending the right to believe and to doubt your beliefs with such humility and grace, judging no one, taking away from no one, just expressing. I'm going to work on that! Watch over me, correct my approach, please!
Seriously? KNOWING the sky is blue is different than BELIEVING theres an invisible man behind it. Maybe im missing something here. What is the definition of faith?
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 21213 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 33 3941 March 27, 2015 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Questions are good but answers are bad polar bear 15 3940 November 22, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Answers to an Apologist Redux Rev. Rye 2 1834 June 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question Is it possible there are some parodists among the authors in Answers in Genesis? Indian Chimpanzee 5 1859 October 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Answers in Genesis (website) superstarr 3 2569 May 25, 2010 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Loki_999
  Answers to an Apologist Rev. Rye 8 4166 January 12, 2010 at 3:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko