Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answers
Answers
I've just about had it with 'Questions' threads. You know the sort - 'Questions for Atheists', 'Questions for Christians', 'Questions for Left-Handed Buddhists Who Walk With A Limp' and so on. In lieu of questions, questions, questions, here's the Answers thread. Post the answers to questions you're tired of hearing - just the answers. Then, in future, when some new passer-by to the board who has just read the Wikipedia entry on 'Religion' and thinks that qualifies them as an expert posts tired old questions we've all heard hundreds of times, simply refer them here and tell them to take their pick.

Here are my own top three:

1. Because translation shouldn't matter.

2. Because I'm not obligated to pay attention to lunatics.

3. Then don't marry one. Sheesh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Answers
4. That's because you didn't wash your hands properly.

5. It's because the mind can perform some incredible trickery.

6. That sort of pain is the result of listening to men who wear frocks and silly hats.
(March 26, 2015 at 4:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 2. Because I'm not obligated to pay attention to lunatics.

I think you should definitely pay attention to lunatics otherwise they can end up in the oval office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHmiiggsUHQ

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

7. Why on earth should I?!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 26, 2015 at 4:44 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 26, 2015 at 4:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 2. Because I'm not obligated to pay attention to lunatics.

I think you should definitely pay attention to lunatics otherwise they can end up in the oval office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHmiiggsUHQ

Who sits in the oval office is slightly less important to me than a cloudy day.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
8. Because I'm not extremely gullible.

9. Because that's a logical fallacy, the same one you've been using all evening and I've pointed out every time.

10. Because you don't know what atheism means despite me explaining it over and over.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
11. Because fuck you, that's why.
12. Because you didn't pay attention in school.

13. Because you were brainwashed as a child.

14. Because your parents are closely related...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(March 26, 2015 at 5:22 am)Norman Humann Wrote: 11. Because fuck you, that's why.

I was literally going to write exactly that same thing! That was spooky Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 26, 2015 at 5:22 am)Norman Humann Wrote: 11. Because fuck you, that's why.

My all-time favorite line. Ever.

For the OP, my own answers are:

1. Because apparently you lack critical thinking skills.
2. Because while the bible is a fascinating work of fiction, no one is able to show proof of any of the stories contained therein.
3. Because you are a follower, not a leader.
4. Because you are constantly contradicting what you say.
5. Because your mind fuckery won't work here.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 20685 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Questions are good but answers are bad polar bear 15 3898 November 22, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Answers to an Apologist Redux Rev. Rye 2 1820 June 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question Is it possible there are some parodists among the authors in Answers in Genesis? Indian Chimpanzee 5 1855 October 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  What are your answers? salty 369 111846 October 3, 2011 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Answers in Genesis (website) superstarr 3 2556 May 25, 2010 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Loki_999
  Answers to an Apologist Rev. Rye 8 4142 January 12, 2010 at 3:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko