Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are your answers?
What are your answers?
The more I read the posts on this website, the more I wonder about the real reason for the hatred a lot of Athiests have for Jesus, the Bible, God and religion.

These are my questions:

1. Are athiests just wounded people, upset that God hasn't shown himself to them in a way they deem acceptable? Meaning, if he suddenly appeared you would believe?

2. Do athiests hate God or do they hate organized religion in general?

3. Why does it seem like athiests hate Jesus more than anyone, what do you think of Jesus?

4. Do any of you know athiests that have converted to another religion, did you feel swayed by their conversion?

5. Are you an athiest based on your research of many of the top religions, or does your athiesm come from a personal experience where you feel that God didn't show up like he should have?

6. Since athiests don't believe in God and dislike when people force God on them, why do they force their negative and hateful opinions on Christians (and other religions) through mockery and verbal assault?

Thank you, in advance, for your responses! It would be great if you could respond to all the questions. I'm speaking to real athiests who respect my desire to understand the feelings behind athiesm. I do not intend to be disrespectful, if I am, please let me know what should be rephrased. Thanks again.

Salty
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
RE: What are your answers?
1: If jesus appeared and performed miracles I wouldn't have to believe, would I. I still wouldn't bow. Guess I was just created that way. Argue

2: I personally hate what we have extrapolated from fanciful stories about gods and used to justify whatever-the-fuck evil we were already going to pursue.

3: I think that jesus is a narrative device used to convey a message of ethics that was wholly orthodox at the time.

4: I know men who have become women, I remain a man.

5: I am an atheist based off of all the research we have all collectively engaged in. I even get to draw from the religious who debunked the religions that came before their own. Yay!

6: It isn't atheists forcing the "opinion" it's reality, sad to say. If you don't like it, not my problem. If you stop insisting that god is real without providing evidence, I'll stop explaining why he isn't while providing evidence.

Quote:1. Are athiests just wounded people, upset that God hasn't shown himself to them in a way they deem acceptable? Meaning, if he suddenly appeared you would believe?
I can only speak for myself on all the questions.
I'm not wounded as you say, nor upset or anything. I simply reject the claim that theists have put forth. They claim there is a god, and I don't believe them. There's no evidence.

Quote:2. Do athiests hate God or do they hate organized religion in general?
Religion in general. Personally I can't hate something I don't believe exists.

Quote:3. Why does it seem like athiests hate Jesus more than anyone, what do you think of Jesus?
Not hate, just lack of belief. I have serious doubts that he actually existed and far stronger doubts that he was some kind of god. There's no evidence, so I've rejected the claim.

Quote:4. Do any of you know athiests that have converted to another religion, did you feel swayed by their conversion?
No and no.

Quote:5. Are you an athiest based on your research of many of the top religions, or does your athiesm come from a personal experience where you feel that God didn't show up like he should have?
No and no. I was an atheist since birth, I have simply remained an atheist. I didn't bother researching anything except science. Knowledge of religion accumulated over time but no matter how much I learnt about it, I was never convinced. The need for evidence was not met.

Quote:6. Since athiests don't believe in God and dislike when people force God on them, why do they force their negative and hateful opinions on Christians (and other religions) through mockery and verbal assault?
I don't. The only time I may appear insulting or aggressive is if they can't keep their delusional shit to themselves. Or if they want to get into a tough debate.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Thank you, I feel like I understand a little more now.
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
These are my questions:

1. Are thiests just wounded people, upset that science hasn't shown itself to them in a way they deem acceptable? Meaning, if scientific explanations suddenly appeared you would understand?

2. Do thiests hate science or do they hate organized facts in general?

3. Why does it seem like thiests hate observed reality more than anyone, what do you think of observable reality?

4. Do any of you know thiests that have converted to reason, did you feel swayed by their conversion?

5. Are you an thiest based on your research of many of the observable conditions of reality, or does your thiesm come from a personal experience where you feel that reality didn't behave as you would have liked?

6. Since thiests don't believe in observable reality and dislike when people force facts on them, why do they force their negative and hateful superstitions on reasonable people (and other apes) through mockery and verbal assault?

Thank you, in advance, for your responses! It would be a first if you could respond to all the questions. I'm speaking to real thiests who respect my desire to ridicule the ignorance that is thiesm. I do intend to be disrespectful, if I am, please let me know because it would please me greatly. Thanks again (for nothing).

Rhythm
Wonderful response Ace Otana, thank you!
(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: The more I read the posts on this website, the more I wonder about the real reason for the hatred a lot of Athiests have for Jesus, the Bible, God and religion.
That's a common misconception among the religious, that we hate god. No we don't hate god, can't hate what is not there.

Quote:1. Are athiests just wounded people, upset that God hasn't shown himself to them in a way they deem acceptable? Meaning, if he suddenly appeared you would believe?
Nope, if he appeared just to me I'd check my sanity. What is needed is verifiable, falsifiable evidence for such a creature, and an extraordinary creature like that needs extraordinary evidence in my book.

Quote:2. Do athiests hate God or do they hate organized religion in general?

Read above, and as to organized religion, we hate it, true, religion as proved countless times how evil it can get and still is!

Quote:3. Why does it seem like athiests hate Jesus more than anyone, what do you think of Jesus?

Again with your preconceptions about atheists... As to Jesus, there is no contemporary evidence for him from outside the wholly babble.

Quote:4. Do any of you know athiests that have converted to another religion, did you feel swayed by their conversion?

Nope, not in real life, but we have met some on these forum that claim to be ex-atheists. And no I don't feel moved at all from their ramblings.

Quote:5. Are you an athiest based on your research of many of the top religions, or does your athiesm come from a personal experience where you feel that God didn't show up like he should have?
I came to the conclusion after investigating all religions and their history, yes.

Quote:6. Since athiests don't believe in God and dislike when people force God on them, why do they force their negative and hateful opinions on Christians (and other religions) through mockery and verbal assault?

An atheist is just a person that doesn't believe god or gods exist, nothing else can be inferred from it. Amongst us there are those that are kind, some less than kind, just like everyone else. Harsh words are sometimes necessary when the stupidity of the theist in question is great. If we see bullshit, we will call the person on that, theist or atheist.

Quote:Thank you, in advance, for your responses! It would be great if you could respond to all the questions. I'm speaking to real athiests who respect my desire to understand the feelings behind athiesm. I do not intend to be disrespectful, if I am, please let me know what should be rephrased. Thanks again.

Salty

You're welcome Smile

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 1. Are athiests just wounded people, upset that God hasn't shown himself to them in a way they deem acceptable? Meaning, if he suddenly appeared you would believe?

I never wanted God to reveal himself to me - and I'm wounded, but by humans, not by God. I know the difference. I never really believed in God in the first place. If some bush burst into flame in front of me and a voice issued forth, I'd wonder who was playing with a match and brake cleaner around the corner who had ventriloquist powers. Then I'd get pissed that someone fucked with my shrubbery. I hope God likes machetes.

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 2. Do athiests hate God or do they hate organized religion in general?

I hate the latter. I'd have to believe God existed to hate "him."

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 3. Why does it seem like athiests hate Jesus more than anyone, what do you think of Jesus?

I don't hate the myth of Jesus. I hate plenty of his followers. I also love plenty of people who are Christian and count a few of them as my closest companions and friends.

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 4. Do any of you know athiests that have converted to another religion, did you feel swayed by their conversion?

Nope. Once they deconverted, they stayed that way.

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 5. Are you an athiest based on your research of many of the top religions, or does your athiesm come from a personal experience where you feel that God didn't show up like he should have?

Again, I never really believed in God. I described elsewhere that it was like everyone around me was speaking a language I couldn't comprehend. Then I realized there wasn't anything TO comprehend. It was all gibberish. Most of them didn't even care if I understood, as long as I made gibberish back and kept the game going.

(August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am)salty Wrote: 6. Since athiests don't believe in God and dislike when people force God on them, why do they force their negative and hateful opinions on Christians (and other religions) through mockery and verbal assault?

Not all of them do. You see it on this board because this is OUR clubhouse. I trust you understand what I mean.

I mock what I find ridiculous. I try not to assault people (unless they fuck with my shrubbery).

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Threads like these are the forum equivalent of some goomba insulting your mother and then smirking "With all do respect" at the end of it.
Meh, he was reasonably polite. It killed 5 minutes.

And may I say, Mr. Rhythm, sir, that you are less that 200 posts away from me. W.T.F.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 19246 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Answers BrianSoddingBoru4 33 3805 March 27, 2015 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Questions are good but answers are bad polar bear 15 3836 November 22, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Answers to an Apologist Redux Rev. Rye 2 1815 June 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question Is it possible there are some parodists among the authors in Answers in Genesis? Indian Chimpanzee 5 1851 October 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Answers in Genesis (website) superstarr 3 2549 May 25, 2010 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Loki_999
  Answers to an Apologist Rev. Rye 8 4116 January 12, 2010 at 3:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko