Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Bang theory is not valid.
RE: Big Bang theory is not valid.
On obscure subjects it's generally easy to get misinformation onto wiki..lol. High profile stuff like this gets put through a grinder though. It's reliable.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote: On obscure subjects it's generally easy to get misinformation onto wiki..lol. High profile stuff like this gets put through a grinder though. It's reliable.

Well sure, but I couldn't go onto barack obama's page and change his place of birth to the north pole and expect it to be there for more than 5 seconds.
(September 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(September 1, 2011 at 9:27 pm)Diamond-Deist Wrote: Also reposting Wiki is quite weak, we all know how bias material gets in there, Wiki is not always right by a long shot a couple of scientists I've been speaking to were even mentioning that.

You know what's weak? Coming out with the old 'wiki is not a reliable source' crap.

For your information, wiki happens to be just as reliable a source as any other information gathering website. The fact that wiki actually requires the people entering the information to source what they are inputting would actually make it a rather reliable source in my opinion.

What is weak is for some troll to whine about someone posting links from Wiki after said troll has been copying and pasting information from the same source.

Example

(September 1, 2011 at 8:42 pm)Diamond-Deist Wrote: Globular cluster age

In the mid-1990s, observations of globular clusters appeared to be inconsistent with the Big Bang. Computer simulations that matched the observations of the stellar populations of globular clusters suggested that they were about 15 billion years old, which conflicted with the 13.7 billion year age of the Universe. This issue was generally resolved in the late 1990s when new computer simulations, which included the effects of mass loss due to stellar winds, indicated a much younger age for globular clusters.There still remain some questions as to how accurately the ages of the clusters are measured, but it is clear that these objects are some of the oldest in the Universe.

From Wiki

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Globular_cluster_age Wrote:Globular cluster age
In the mid-1990s, observations of globular clusters appeared to be inconsistent with the Big Bang. Computer simulations that matched the observations of the stellar populations of globular clusters suggested that they were about 15 billion years old, which conflicted with the 13.7 billion year age of the Universe. This issue was generally resolved in the late 1990s when new computer simulations, which included the effects of mass loss due to stellar winds, indicated a much younger age for globular clusters.[62] There still remain some questions as to how accurately the ages of the clusters are measured, but it is clear that these objects are some of the oldest in the Universe.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Lol well played Pop
Pure ownage Big Grin
My conversation here is done but yes that last bit "which was separated!!! from my actual conversation" was followed by some thoughts (by me) on how the age of the universe does not add up.

How is that an pwnage (weak)? you and the two nit wits who thought different got self owned.

Try finding my "conversation" with the 30 years experienced cosmologist on Wiki or the entire net, no you can't because it was private emails, pathetic.

This is why I'm no longer taking part in this thread.
your avatar is cool. if that convinces you to stay. and im being serious with that.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
You are both totally full of shit and totally stupid to think you had a chance of finding something even more stupid than you here to spread your shit on.

You no longer participate here because other participants in this thread has pointed both of those out to you.
Private emails, vast conspiracies, hidden knowledge, implication of deities. Sounds like a Dan Brown novel, not so much like real life. Just link your sources, 30 years in cosmology they will have written a paper. Hell, they probably even answer emails. Maybe I want to send an email too? "My anonymous figure of authority" doesn't work for all of us.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 2, 2011 at 6:17 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: your avatar is cool. if that convinces you to stay. and im being serious with that.

Not as cool as yours, I may stick around for a bit but the debate in this thread is over, maybe some info will come out in other discussions based around the subject but here if they so desperately need the BB in their lives they are welcome to it.

Ignorance is bliss and all that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does God have in common with String Theory? LinuxGal 2 799 December 30, 2022 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Did the Big Bang happen? JairCrawford 50 4198 May 18, 2022 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Just When I Thought I Understood the Big Bang Rhondazvous 19 2620 January 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2553 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Big Bang and QM bennyboy 1 637 September 10, 2017 at 4:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How big is the universe? Rhondazvous 77 12310 August 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Teaching the Big bang theory to Preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 5 1670 June 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I wrote the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to Preschoolers! GeorgiasTelescope 0 667 June 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: GeorgiasTelescope
  When and Where did the Atomic Theory Come From? Rhondazvous 29 9561 May 13, 2017 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I have a layman's theory about quantum physics "spookiness" Won2blv 15 2812 March 5, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Won2blv