Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 2:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
Because it didn't.  It regulated it, at best. Magic book says what magic books says regardless of whether a person believes or not. Being generous, it's the "Grass on field, play ball" theory of sexual maturity and informed consent, which allows for a person to purchase and own a child in advance of their usefulness..whatever that may be to any given pedo.

Why anyone thinks that this is particularly praiseworthy is beyond me. Personally, I don;t see the point in asserting this bundle of slimy rules if there's going to be one great big caveat to them all. If you can't or don't want to abide by them..just go buy a girl. Totally kosher.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Is the concept of prime strength to face life, mental maturity to be responsible over how an orphan can spend his own wealth given by the state, and mental guidance with respect to facing life, all ambiguous subjective concepts? Those have been equated with age of when marriage is allowed.

Sure the age can change and vary person to person, that is why Quran doesn't specify an age, and among the reasons as well is that it changes in different circumstances and the type of factors in life and situation.

And Moses was said to be given wisdom AFTER he reached maturity.

I would say while subjective it's also very objective in the given circumstance or time. The Quran put's in perspective with orphans. When is a orphan ready to face the world and be left to themselves and spend their money as they see fit?
You're only telling me that, in your opinion..child brides and sex slaves are a feature...not a bug.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 16, 2018 at 7:15 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Is the concept of prime strength to face life, mental maturity to be responsible over how an orphan can spend his own wealth given by the state, and mental guidance with respect to facing life, all ambiguous subjective concepts? Those have been equated with age of when marriage is allowed.

Sure the age can change and vary person to person, that is why Quran doesn't specify an age, and among the reasons as well is that it changes in different circumstances and the type of factors in life and situation.

Using that as a standard is just laying the groundwork for men to abuse it, and ultimately, abuse girls who aren't really mature enough to be consenting.

The Quran is just opening the floodgates to a lot of officially sanctioned evil with such loose and subjective standards.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Here is another great scholar of Islam, Al-Jalalayn explaining Quran verse 65:4 regarding divorce without ambiguity. Its the same as tafsir Ibn Abbas, the cousin of prophet Muhammad;

And as for those of your women who read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances no longer expect to menstruate if you have any doubts about their waiting period their prescribed waiting period shall be three months and also for those who have not yet menstruated because of their young age their period shall also be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these latter their period is prescribed in the verse they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten days Q. 2234. And those who are pregnant their term the conclusion of their prescribed waiting period if divorced or if their spouses be dead shall be when they deliver. And whoever fears God He will make matters ease for him in this world and in the Hereafter. * تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn (Quran 65 4)

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...nguageId=2
Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them (Quran  55:56, Mushin)
(April 15, 2018 at 4:55 am)robvalue Wrote: Okay, so now I have to find the true creator, which presumably means being a Muslim?

Do you think it's reasonable and fair Atlas, for me to be sent to hell for (a) not coming to that conclusion or (b) not wanting to be a Muslim even if Allah exists?

This question is open to people from other religions too. I'm not interested in joining any religion, or worshiping anything, regardless of whether any of their claims are true.

Do I therefor deserve to receive a lesser afterlife (possibly involving torture)?

Do I deserve it for coming to the "wrong" conclusion based in my assessment of the evidence?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 15, 2018 at 4:55 am)robvalue Wrote: Okay, so now I have to find the true creator, which presumably means being a Muslim?

Do you think it's reasonable and fair Atlas, for me to be sent to hell for (a) not coming to that conclusion or (b) not wanting to be a Muslim even if Allah exists?

If a man judged, then he has no right to do something horrible to you like what we hear about hell. God is not a man. Nothing is like him, but the closest I can describe what I understood about him from my reading is that he is closer to the concept of Gaia or the spirits that native Americans used to worship. But he is nothing like them; he can't even be drawn or pictured.

If a person spent the whole day in the sun, I will blame the person when they get sick. If a person fell from a mountain, I will blame them for not taking the proper safety precautions. If a person made a fatal logical misstep crashed into God; I will also blame them.

He is a fact and a truth that has nothing like him; so how can I not blame the sun, but blame God?
The sun burns. That's what it does.
God tortures creations that make logical faults. That's what he does.  Also he has mercy on the creations that believe in him.

It's reasonable for you to take whatever choice in this life, but in the coming day we will stand alone,and be judged alone. Both of us have a meeting with him, and my sheet of sins is filled; I'm sure. All humans are sinful.  All I can do is tell about my belief in the coming day in this life.

(April 16, 2018 at 11:47 pm)yragnitup Wrote: Here is another great scholar of Islam, Al-Jalalayn explaining Quran verse 65:4 regarding divorce without ambiguity. Its the same as tafsir Ibn Abbas, the cousin of prophet Muhammad;

And as for those of your women who read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances no longer expect to menstruate if you have any doubts about their waiting period their prescribed waiting period shall be three months and also for those who have not yet menstruated because of their young age their period shall also be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these latter their period is prescribed in the verse they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten days Q. 2234. And those who are pregnant their term the conclusion of their prescribed waiting period if divorced or if their spouses be dead shall be when they deliver. And whoever fears God He will make matters ease for him in this world and in the Hereafter. * تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn (Quran 65 4)

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...nguageId=2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafsir_al-Jalalayn

Quote:Tafsīr al-Jalālayn (Arabic: تفسير الجلالين‎, lit. 'Tafsir of the two Jalals') is a classical Sunni tafsir of the Qur'an, composed first by Jalal ad-Din al-Maḥalli in 1459 and then completed by his student Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuti in 1505, thus its name, which means "Tafsir of the two Jalals".

I told you that this topic is not discussing Sunni Islam; so you can stop spamming.
If you want to discuss Sunni Islam; you can open a new topic.
Okay, well I would hold God to a higher moral standard than humans, not a lower one.

He tortures people who are illogical. That’s absolutely absurd, just stop and think about that. I want nothing to do with such a sadistic, petty maniac.

PS: the sun burning someone, or them being killed by jumping off a mountain are non-sentient results of cause and effect. If the sun was intelligent and was burning people just because it wanted to, that would be just as absurd and monstrous.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 17, 2018 at 3:55 am)robvalue Wrote: Okay, well I would hold God to a higher moral standard than humans, not a lower one.

He tortures people who are illogical. That’s absolutely absurd, just stop and think about that. I want nothing to do with such a sadistic, petty maniac.

PS: the sun burning someone, or them being killed by jumping off a mountain are non-sentient results of cause and effect. If the sun was intelligent and was burning people just because it wanted to, that would be just as absurd and monstrous.
God in the Quran is not an Anthropomorphized entity. You can't attribute human traits to him.
That's the difference of Islam from Christianity. God in Islam is not even drawn for the same exact reason: attribution of human traits to him is Anthropomorphism that is not valid at all.
(April 17, 2018 at 3:06 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: He is a fact and a truth that has nothing like him; so how can I not blame the sun, but blame God?
The sun burns. That's what it does.
God tortures creations that make logical faults. That's what he does.  Also he has mercy on the creations that believe in him.

[Image: overwatch-halloween-terror-event-will-st...610669.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3739 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9378 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20705 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1359 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4616 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2966 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49105 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13064 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 876 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15456 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257