Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best Theistic Arguments
RE: Best Theistic Arguments
(April 8, 2018 at 5:29 pm)ShirkahnW Wrote: I am going to debate a theist over the existence of god soon. What are the best arguments you ever heard from theists? Any tips on what topic to avoid in such an discussion? 
Thanks in advance

Atheists got far too many expectation as far as to deny the existence of God.

A bit like a little child that pretend to understand what adult people understand.
Humans just got out the material, plant and animal life after millions years and now they stupidly Banghead  think that they have enough brain to understand God without even develop their consciousness to high degrees.

Sorry guys but FOOLS have to yet get the license to scour the outside.
Outside their little intellect.  Lightbulb
(May 10, 2018 at 5:31 am)Little Rik Wrote: Humans just got out the material, plant and animal life after millions years and now they stupidly Banghead  think that they have enough brain to understand God without even develop their consciousness to high degrees.

LOL! Those people that "developed their consciousness to high degrees" always make me laugh

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 8, 2018 at 5:29 pm)ShirkahnW Wrote: I am going to debate a theist over the existence of god soon. What are the best arguments you ever heard from theists? Any tips on what topic to avoid in such an discussion? 
Thanks in advance

They're all completely invalid and many of them don't have sound premises either.

Then there's the arguments that are both sound and valid... but the conclusion isn't actually God at all....so it's not actually an argument for God at all.
(May 10, 2018 at 5:31 am)Little Rik Wrote:
Thanks in advance

Atheists got far too many expectation as far as to deny the existence of God.

A bit like a little child that pretend to understand what adult people understand.
Humans just got out the material, plant and animal life after millions years and now they stupidly Banghead  think that they have enough brain to understand God without even develop their consciousness to high degrees.

Sorry guys but FOOLS have to yet get the license to scour the outside.
Outside their little intellect.  Lightbulb

It sounds like thise last couple of lines are directed at yourself...
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 10, 2018 at 6:07 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(May 10, 2018 at 5:31 am)Little Rik Wrote: Humans just got out the material, plant and animal life after millions years and now they stupidly Banghead  think that they have enough brain to understand God without even develop their consciousness to high degrees.

LOL! Those people that "developed their consciousness to high degrees" always make me laugh

Fools never die.
They keep on reincarnate again and again to spout the same stupid dogmas.  Jawdrop

In the past they were laughing at people who said that the earth is not the center of the universe.
Today they laugh at people who say that the consciousness is not a product of the brain and physical death is not the real death.

But as the proverb say.......Whoever has the last laugh, always has the best laugh....................

[Image: 83d3b94336c8ffd570bd6dedc59b4833.jpg]
Sit down.

-take a breath.

Relax.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 10, 2018 at 7:45 pm)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 10, 2018 at 6:07 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: LOL! Those people that "developed their consciousness to high degrees" always make me laugh

Fools never die.
They keep on reincarnate again and again to spout the same stupid dogmas.  Jawdrop

In the past they were laughing at people who said that the earth is not the center of the universe.
Today they laugh at people who say that the consciousness is not a product of the brain and physical death is not the real death.

But as the proverb say.......Whoever has the last laugh, always has the best laugh....................

What do you mean no reason when I showed you the video which you completely ignored.

Oh well, what did I expect from a delusional twit.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 11, 2018 at 12:51 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(May 10, 2018 at 7:45 pm)Little Rik Wrote: Fools never die.

What do you mean no reason when I showed you the video which you completely ignored.

Oh well, what did I expect from a delusional twit.

Well, well, well son........

Let us start from the beginning.
Do you remember when I did ask in several occasion ..........what is the difference between religion and spirituality?

Obviously you like all other atheists never take this question very seriously because for you guys there is no difference between the two.
HOW WRONG YOU ARE.  Banging Head On Desk

The difference is paramount however.

Religions being based on pure dogmas tend to behave like a destructive avalanche.
The more the time goes by the more the dogmas get out of control so it is natural that people who follow this destructive path tend to go insane like shown in your video.
Spirituality on the other hand is free from dogmas so it is natural that people do not go insane.

But hold your breath yet FM.
Atheism follow a similar destructive path to madness by following other types of dogmas so instead of laughing like a fool you really should think twice what you think, say and do.  Lightbulb

[Image: williamblake1.jpg]
(May 11, 2018 at 7:31 am)Little Rik Wrote: Well, well, well son........

Let us start from the beginning.
Do you remember when I did ask in several occasion ..........what is the difference between religion and spirituality?

Obviously you like all other atheists never take this question very seriously because for you guys there is no difference between the two.
HOW WRONG YOU ARE.  Banging Head On Desk

The difference is paramount however.

Religions being based on pure dogmas tend to behave like a destructive avalanche.
The more the time goes by the more the dogmas get out of control so it is natural that people who follow this destructive path tend to go insane like shown in your video.
Spirituality on the other hand is free from dogmas so it is natural that people do not go insane.

But hold your breath yet FM.
Atheism follow a similar destructive path to madness by following other types of dogmas so instead of laughing like a fool you really should think twice what you think, say and do.  Lightbulb

[Image: williamblake1.jpg]

Actually, LR, there is no indication that the followers of Swamis, Babas and other what you would call "non-religions" (you know people like you) are any less ridiculous and any less insane then religious people:

(May 11, 2018 at 7:31 am)Little Rik Wrote: Religions being based on pure dogmas tend to behave like a destructive avalanche.

Since the following dogmas are foundational to your "system," it is obvious that you practice a religion.

1. Vibrations are alive/conscious.
2. Energy is alive/conscious.
3. Inanimate matter is conscious.
4. Life cannot come from non-life.

(You've been arguing these claims since April 7th, here, and the best you can come up with is, "I am quite satisfied that vibrations bring life therefore they are alive.")
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would this spark a theistic curiousity? Won2blv 7 662 September 9, 2023 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 714 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 17166 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against Soul FlatAssembler 327 26468 February 20, 2020 at 11:28 am
  Arguments Against Creator God GrandizerII 77 19250 November 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
Wink Refuting Theistic Argument Ricardo 40 3531 October 7, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 80713 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 7187 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 12946 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  ☢The Theistic Response➼ to Atheists saying, "It Doesn't mean God Did it" The Joker 195 23989 November 24, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia