Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 3:34 am

Poll: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
This poll is closed.
I support it
89.53%
77 89.53%
I oppose it
10.47%
9 10.47%
Total 86 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
RE: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
(October 2, 2011 at 12:07 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(October 2, 2011 at 10:38 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: And I think that they view gays as disgusting, and not fit to join society as normal people.

Maybe not all of them have such harsh views, but they definately do not approve of the notion of gays marrying. Neither do I. So what are you going to do?
Do you really see yourself as so superior, as to walk over the voices of others? Finding a middle ground could benefit you, and the opposition aswell.

Thats fine..just as long as other people and gays can limit your freedoms as well when it comes to marriage. you know, being all for fairness and all, it would be completely unfair for you to force yourself on a group, and then suggest that they do not have the same power.

Perhaps we could start with denying hospital visitation rights for religious and heterosexual married couples for the first 5 years of ther marriage, seeing as most marriages in America end in divorce in less than 5 years.

By passing that 5 year mark, it would be proof that their marriage is legitimate and not just some fad or faked marriage which is so popular with American heterosexuals these days.

I have passed the 5 year mark with my hetero marriage, so therefore my marriage is a true and legitimate marriage.

What do you think?
The "legitimacy" of a marriage is put down by law.
It's not really the 5 year mark, or whatsoever. Simply the existence of such a mark in your country shows how much marriage has been worn down and corrupted by people, not really knowing what purpose marriage really serves.
It's not that I oppose the marriage of gay people because they are gay, it's because marriage is an institution that was always for straight people.
And it's historical roots lie in places that are maybe not emphasized anymore, but are in our subconsciousness. Most people(who are not stupid, and actually plan ahead before doing something) will have kids once they get married. Why? Why not have them before? At the end, it only requires for the male to put his semen into the woman's vagina, it does not need you to be married at all. Think about that. If you can't figure it out, I'll detail it out for ya.
Quote: it would be completely unfair for you to force yourself on a group, and then suggest that they do not have the same power.
I'm not forcing myself on them. In fact, it is them who wants marriage to be changed, so they can have it their way. If gays were able to marry before, and I suddenly came from nowhere, and told them that they could not, that would be forcing my own opinions on them. But that is most certainly not the case.

This is why I advocate something else that could work out in America.
After all, being married will most probably give gays nothing more than the rights than the ordinary legal benefits. They will never have children(unless they are lesbian and get pregnant in an artificial way), and they will never raise them to be in accordance with the normal ways that society was built on, because their union actually does not go along with them.
It's not that oppose gay marriage because they are gay, it's that marriage is for straight people. Besides, teh gayz can't raise "normal" children. Clap
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
For me it's like when women started to play football, but people were against it because apparently it's a 'mans sport' and no women had played professionally before. Utter bullshit.
(October 2, 2011 at 12:42 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It's not that oppose gay marriage because they are gay, it's that marriage is for straight people. Besides, teh gayz can't raise "normal" children. Clap

Well, I can't know that. But I can tell you that a gay family will probably not be able to properly raise children. Because raising a child is nothing like looking after a pet, if that is what you're thinking of it, simply feeding it three times a day, and paying money to send it to school, and buying it clothes and nice stuff, since none of these actually make a well raised child. And after some time, the child will wonder, why don't I have a mother/father? And the kids at school will ask them the same questions. And he/she will be the first to learn that he/she was adopted or is from a guy who dropped some of his fluid into a jar and sold it for some cash in a sperm bank.
Yeah, there is so much that could go wrong with this.
Only in a society where only gay people have children can this actually work.
Quote:For me it's like when women started to play football, but people were against it because apparently it's a 'mans sport' and no women had played professionally before. Utter bullshit.
Obligatory tu quoque. However, it's a real bad one. Simply because you cannot compare football with something that concerns the wellbeing of society.
Why not?
(October 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Why not?

because it makes sense! your not allowed to make sense.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
Quote:The "legitimacy" of a marriage is put down by law.
true, and therefore Gay marriage is legitimate according to your own argument, seeing as gay marriage is legal in several states and countries in europe.
Quote:It's not really the 5 year mark, or whatsoever. Simply the existence of such a mark in your country shows how much marriage has been worn down and corrupted by people, not really knowing what purpose marriage really serves.
Nope. It shows that the concept of marriage is a dying tradition. Divorce rates have hit over 50%. If you are actually telling the truth and suggesting that your opposition to gay marriage is secular and not religious, then these two facts:

-The legitimization of gay marriage through laws
-The decline of traditional marriage from the real time reactions of citizens who get divorced.

This is very secular and factual information, and if your argument is based on secular reasons, then you must admit that gay marriage is legitimate and traditional marriage is losing popularity among the majority of citizens.

Also, if your arguments are truly secualr, then you would recognize that marriage is something that is ultimately not needed, that children can be born and families can be formed without a marriage certificate. A secular view of marriage also admits that marriage is very much a way for religious and traditional authorities to control relationships and families, among other things and reasons. a quick browsing of Roman Catholic history will show where the church has quickly stepped up and claimed that all non-catholic marriages were null and void whenever they gained majority control of any society.

Quote:It's not that I oppose the marriage of gay people because they are gay, it's because marriage is an institution that was always for straight people.
your use of the word "always" shows that you are ignorant to the history of marriage in the world. If you want to argue the traditional role of marriage, then you would know that the mass majority of marriages world wide throughout history were coerced and polygamist favoring one husband and several wives. this is secular based facts. Your arguments do not sound either traditional or secular. Unless you consider "traditional" to be less than 50 years old and based only in certain parts of America, as Utah was traditionally (and still wants to be) polygamistic.
Quote:And it's historical roots lie in places that are maybe not emphasized anymore, but are in our subconsciousness. Most people(who are not stupid, and actually plan ahead before doing something) will have kids once they get married. Why? Why not have them before? At the end, it only requires for the male to put his semen into the woman's vagina, it does not need you to be married at all. Think about that. If you can't figure it out, I'll detail it out for ya.
As I have pointed out, your "historical roots" only go back as far as goldwater in certain states in America. I also notice your weasling ways of trying to say that your view of marriage is written into everyones subconscience. This is VERY untrue and manipulative of you. Family is not necesarily written into a persons subconscious. Sex isnt even necessarily written into a persons subconscious because Asexual people do in fact exist. Am I to be considered "faulty" because I do not accept your views of marriage while you suggest that it is "written" in peoples subconscious? How far away are you from that made up, unscientific view from actually considering that gay people have mental problems, or that I have a mental problem, because we disagree with you on marriage?

In reality sex is natural (wether by straights or gays) and marriage is the unnatural (man made) equation here. Marriage is completely unnecessary in reality, but those who wish to control peoples lives and thoughts are the ones who manipulate these man made institutions the most.

No need to detail it for me, as I find you to be much further behind in the concept than I.
Quote:I'm not forcing myself on them. In fact, it is them who wants marriage to be changed, so they can have it their way. If gays were able to marry before, and I suddenly came from nowhere, and told them that they could not, that would be forcing my own opinions on them. But that is most certainly not the case.
Sure you are. You are most definitely trying to force yourself upon them. Why else would you suggest your views are " in our subconsciousness. " Furthermore, gays were allowed to marry at many times during the past. then people, like you, came forward and demanded that it be stopped. You obviously have not put much research into this topic. Your ignorance is glaring.
Quote:This is why I advocate something else that could work out in America.
After all, being married will most probably give gays nothing more than the rights than the ordinary legal benefits. They will never have children(unless they are lesbian and get pregnant in an artificial way), and they will never raise them to be in accordance with the normal ways that society was built on, because their union actually does not go along with them.
nothing more than full equal status of marriage will be accepted and only accepted. What you are suggesting is "seperate but equal", which is a play on words to avoid saying "these people are not worthy of being like me." You may as well suggest that gays sit at the back of the bus as well. Why should they complain? They should know they are seperate from you..yet somehow "equal". When you say "they will never have children" should also suggest that you should be opposed to barren heterosexuals from also marrying. But something tells me that you will make an exception for them in your oppressive views. gays canvery much be able to adopt, but I suppose you are against that as well. Homosexuality is not a "subspecies". They are humans, just like you and I.

I also would like to see MAJOR citations coming from you that suggests that gays raise only gay children. Might i point out that 100% of gay people come from heterosexual sex. According to your view, then heterosexuals have failed in raising children in accordance to "normal ways".

I completely expect you to dodge all of my points and adhere to your oppressive views still. Thats okay. As time goes by, more and more of people who think the way you do are dying off and being replaced by progressive and inclusive secular thinkers. Society is built upon people who are living at the time. At any moment they can change what "society" means, regardless of what you consider to be "normal" or "traditional" views of society.
(October 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: But I can tell you that a gay family will probably not be able to properly raise children. Because raising a child is nothing like looking after a pet, if that is what you're thinking of it, simply feeding it three times a day, and paying money to send it to school, and buying it clothes and nice stuff, since none of these actually make a well raised child.

You, sir, are an ignorant moron. You seem to be rather narrow minded.

You really think 2 men can't raise a child well together?
Cunt
(October 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, maybe you all should move to a different country where you can live without any sorts of cultural and traditional attachments, laws or any sense moral obligations to society.

I would if I could.
I wish I could aswell.

Just because I was born here I have to pay a bunch of pricks I don't know to fuck with my life? No thanks... That is why I have never paid taxes Wink
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1364 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 519 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 671 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 2028 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1723 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conservative and Gay John V 42 5955 January 27, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2188 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 17547 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2976 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2399 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive