Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again.
RE: FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again.
(January 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 1:22 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: It's not promoting religion.  It's promoting freedom. 
No it's not. Who said you don't have the freedom to go there? If you want to go, go. The government isn't stopping you.

If you want the government to tell you what to think, then move to Moscow.  If you want freedom, then freedom must be the standard for everybody.  If you want censorship, communism will pretty much guarantee it.  If you want true democracy, stop whining about everybody else and focus on what you want in your own life.  That way we can all be free.
(January 18, 2019 at 1:54 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm)LostLocke Wrote: No it's not. Who said you don't have the freedom to go there? If you want to go, go. The government isn't stopping you.

If you want the government to tell you what to think, then move to Moscow.  If you want freedom, then freedom must be the standard for everybody.  If you want censorship, communism will pretty much guarantee it.  If you want true democracy, stop whining about everybody else and focus on what you want in your own life.  That way we can all be free.

That would have been a very appropriate reply if the article had anything to do with freedom, thought control, censorship, communism or democracy.  Since it didn't, it isn't.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 18, 2019 at 1:54 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm)LostLocke Wrote: No it's not. Who said you don't have the freedom to go there? If you want to go, go. The government isn't stopping you.

Wow. Nothing you typed had ANYTHING to do with what you were responding to.

So I'll repeat....
Who said you don't have the freedom to go there? If you want to go, go. The government isn't stopping you.
(January 18, 2019 at 3:58 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 1:54 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: If you want the government to tell you what to think, then move to Moscow.  If you want freedom, then freedom must be the standard for everybody.  If you want censorship, communism will pretty much guarantee it.  If you want true democracy, stop whining about everybody else and focus on what you want in your own life.  That way we can all be free.
Wow. Nothing you typed had ANYTHING to do with what you were responding to.

So I'll repeat....
Who said you don't have the freedom to go there? If you want to go, go. The government isn't stopping you.

Of course the government isn't stopping me.  Nor is it stopping you.  If you like communism, and want the government to tell you what to think, then plenty of places that would accept you.  Here in the good ol' United States of America, it is the "Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave. If you don't want freedom, or aren't brave enough to even demand it, then maybe you would like Moscow or Bejing better.
(January 18, 2019 at 4:02 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Of course the government isn't stopping me.  Nor is it stopping you.  If you like communism,....
I never said anything about communism, but yet you keep repeating that pointless point.
Do you suffer comprehension problems, or do you need to read "communism" into my statement to make your point?
(January 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 4:02 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Of course the government isn't stopping me.  Nor is it stopping you.  If you like communism,....
I never said anything about communism, but yet you keep repeating that pointless point.
Do you suffer comprehension problems, or do you need to read "communism" into my statement to make your point?

But you're preaching communism.  If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it must be a...
(January 18, 2019 at 4:15 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm)LostLocke Wrote: I never said anything about communism, but yet you keep repeating that pointless point.

But you're preaching communism.  If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it must be a...
How is asking if the government allows or prevents you from seeing Ham's Ark equal to preaching Communism??
Hey M4X, do you get the whole concept that religious freedom comes with the requirement that the government stays neutral?

The government is powerful. If it is allowed to take a position on religion, there is no level playing field. The religion the government favors has an enormous advantage over the others because it can then take advantage of the machinery of the government to promote itself while its opponents cannot. That's great if it's your religion the government promotes - or is it? Is there a price for getting in bed with the government? Can you stay pure when sucking at the federal teat?

And what if your religion is fractured, as Christianity is? If the government may take a favorite major religion, what is to stop it from taking a favorite sect within that religion? What sect of Christianity should the government favor?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(January 18, 2019 at 4:35 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 4:15 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: But you're preaching communism.  If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it must be a...
How is asking if the government allows or prevents you from seeing Ham's Ark equal to preaching Communism??

Because in America, the people have the right to.  Ever hear of the 1st Amendment in the Constitution of the United States of America?  That gives power to the state to choose and not to be dictated against.  If you choose not to participate, then nobody is making you.  If you want to be in a system where the government tells you what to think, then communism is your best bet.

(January 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Hey M4X, do you get the whole concept that religious freedom comes with the requirement that the government stays neutral?

The government is powerful. If it is allowed to take a position on religion, there is no level playing field. The religion the government favors has an enormous advantage over the others because it can then take advantage of the machinery of the government to promote itself while its opponents cannot. That's great if it's your religion the government promotes - or is it? Is there a price for getting in bed with the government? Can you stay pure when sucking at the federal teat?

And what if your religion is fractured, as Christianity is? If the government may take a favorite major religion, what is to stop it from taking a favorite sect within that religion? What sect of Christianity should the government favor?

No it's not.  The power belongs to the state.  We are a free state, but if you start surrendering your freedom, you'll end up surrendering it all, because there are people out there who will take it.
(January 18, 2019 at 5:28 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Hey M4X, do you get the whole concept that religious freedom comes with the requirement that the government stays neutral?

No it's not.  The power belongs to the state.  We are a free state, but if you start surrendering your freedom, you'll end up surrendering it all, because there are people out there who will take it.

Please explain how in the fuck your response addresses my question in any coherent way.

I don't like accusing a poster of trolling because in a message forum, that determination is made by the forum staff. But now an admin has opined that you are a borderline-troll.

Answer my question, asshole! Do you understand why it is impermissible for the US government to weigh in on religion? This is the crux of this thread. Address this or bow out of the discussion.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 363 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1174 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers... Minimalist 5 968 January 23, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Low-Tech device goes off at Port Authority Joods 12 1136 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Looks like Tom Cruise is off the hook for now... Rev. Rye 0 409 November 15, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2453 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Ken Ham wants to ruin Halloween Foxaèr 31 6531 October 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: FFaith
  MASSIVE Quake strikes off coast of Mexico/Guatemala vorlon13 8 1912 September 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Here they go again: Christians bash on marriage Fake Messiah 39 7218 September 2, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  BREAKING: North Korea Fires Unidentified Projectile Off Its Coast A Theist 13 4133 August 26, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet