Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers...
Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.3773847

Quote:Two dead, 17 wounded in Kentucky high school shooting; gunman in custody

[Image: thoughtsandprayers.jpg]
RE: Dust Off Those Thoughts and Prayers...
This is so sad. The shooter is a 15 year old male. No word yet on why he did this.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Our Boy...bless his heart...

Quote:"It is unbelievable that this would happen in a small, close-knit community like Marshall County," Bevin said in a statement. "This is a tremendous tragedy and speaks to the heartbreak present in our communities."
I guess he thought it was a big city kind of thing. 

OFC, as we all know (because Bevin told us so) you can't regulate evil. Since living in a "small close knit community" isn't a talisman, and no possible regulation could work.....maybe we should try the solution he offered to Louisville?

Roaming prayer patrols.  No, I'm not kidding. Though, it does seem like..even if Louisville is a den of violence and inequity...a place like Marshall County(you know, "small close knit" etc) already -had- gaggles of people wandering the streets saying bible stuff at each other. Maybe it only works on black people in the inner city?

: shrugs :
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm interested in what sort of mindset triggered this malice, what motivation.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
My thoughts are with all the conservative gun owners who are traumatised by this tragedy...

/sarcasm
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm)Sal Wrote: I'm interested in what sort of mindset triggered this malice, what motivation.

Do teenagers actually have a mind ... set?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Wonder He Commands Those Speaking Fees BrianSoddingBoru4 5 312 August 21, 2020 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 345 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I TOLD You Those Vegans Were Trouble!! BrianSoddingBoru4 6 784 September 1, 2019 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again. brewer 157 13488 January 24, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1121 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Any thoughts on SE Cupp's take on Hillary and Melania? brewer 8 988 March 28, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Low-Tech device goes off at Port Authority Joods 12 1079 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Looks like Tom Cruise is off the hook for now... Rev. Rye 0 395 November 15, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Paul Ryan Criticized over "Thoughts and Prayers" Comment Secular Elf 80 8758 November 9, 2017 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2424 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1