Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the subject of Hell and Salvation
RE: On the subject of Hell and Salvation
(March 4, 2019 at 8:49 am)MilesAbbott81 Wrote:
(March 4, 2019 at 7:57 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Knowing Jesus he'd shake it for him, really really fast.

Know, those of you reading this, that making comments such as these merely exposes you for what you are: nasty, nasty people. But go ahead and have at it...you will understand the gravity of your error in due time.

For making a joke about willy shaking, which side of me will he toast first? Is that a nasty nasty threat you just made, or are you a bit confused?
(March 4, 2019 at 9:01 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: For making a joke about willy shaking, which side of me will he toast first? Is that a nasty nasty threat you just made, or are you a bit confused?

I suggest you become familiar with my beliefs before making assumptions, and those are all available in or through this thread.

And no, it wasn't a threat. I'll play no part in your fate. I'm simply acknowledging the inevitable result of your behavior, which the prophets and Jesus Christ repeatedly made clear. From the Lord's own mouth:

At that time, some of those present told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. To this He replied, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered this fate? No, I tell you. But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam collapsed on them: Do you think that they were more sinful than all the others living in Jerusalem? No, I tell you. But unless you repent, you too will all perish." (Luke 13:1-5)
At work.

Sorry for being too busy to contribute folks. Sad

Heart and Hug to all. Smile

I see MilesAbbott81 has gone from posting,

"Look at all this amazing stuff! Therefore diety."

On towards ,

"Oh you're all mean poopy-heads for not finding this stuff amazing."

So the real 'Passive/Agressive' behaviour seems to be just around the corner.

Nice to see that folks like MilesAbbott81 don't change their spots.

Cheers.
(March 4, 2019 at 11:00 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: I see MilesAbbott81 has gone from posting,

"Look at all this amazing stuff! Therefore diety."

On towards ,

"Oh you're all mean poopy-heads for not finding this stuff amazing."

So the real 'Passive/Agressive' behaviour seems to be just around the corner.

Nice to see that folks like MilesAbbott81 don't change their spots.

Cheers.

Yeah, that's a totally accurate assessment of what I've been saying.

Failure to recognize our Creator's handiwork has nothing to do with temperament and everything to do with being either deliberately dense or blinded by God. EDIT: Which go hand in hand, really.

The rest is just wicked people being deliberately, and predictably, evil.
At work.

That's nice MilesAbbott81.

Soooo..... uhm, why is it your specific diety's handy work and not, say, Vishnu or Odin or Horus or Zeus or any one (Or mutiple) deities which all predate your young, upstart of a diety?

How do you 'Square away', as it were, the archeological information that the Abrahamic diety actually started out as just one amongst others in their innitial pantheon?

Also noice increase in the passive/aggressive mode there. You'll be having that dialed up to eleven at some point soon, I'm guessing.
(March 4, 2019 at 11:45 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

That's nice MilesAbbott81.

Soooo..... uhm, why is it your specific diety's handy work and not, say, Vishnu or Odin or Horus or Zeus or any one (Or mutiple) deities which all predate your young, upstart of a diety?

How do you 'Square away', as it were, the archeological information that the Abrahamic diety actually started out as just one amongst others in their innitial pantheon?

Also noice increase in the passive/aggressive mode there.  You'll be having that dialed up to eleven at some point soon, I'm guessing.

Oh, I'm angry alright, but no angrier towards those here than I am (and God is) with the rest of the world. To those who behave wickedly here, ultimately all I have to say is "May the Lord rebuke you." That's what it all comes down to in the end; vengeance belongs to God, always.

As to your argument, there is no archeological information that predates other gods to Yahweh. Anything you might cite is mere conjecture, as discussed elsewhere in this thread. Pretending as though it's anything other than that is foolish.

Not that this means anything to you or anyone else. You still have to see the evidence that is readily apparent for what it is, instead of dismissing it as theory or somehow not totally logical.
At work.

So..... you're of the opinion that all the civilizations which predate your Abrahamic religion. ... Don't actually predate the Abrahamic religion?

Or have I misunderstood? Or was my previous post unclear?

Also, you seem to be misusing the word 'Theory' there. Or perhaps I'm again not quite understanding you?
(March 4, 2019 at 12:08 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

So..... you're of the opinion that all the civilizations which predate your Abrahamic religion. ... Don't actually predate the Abrahamic religion?

I'm saying that any text that appears older isn't necessarily older. The oldest manuscripts of the Torah could easily have been copied from older manuscripts extant at the time or passed down by oral tradition, which I already mentioned earlier in the thread. You can't break that argument.
(March 4, 2019 at 12:01 pm)MilesAbbott81 Wrote: As to your argument, there is no archeological information that predates other gods to Yahweh. Anything you might cite is mere conjecture, as discussed elsewhere in this thread. Pretending as though it's anything other than that is foolish.

Not that this means anything to you or anyone else. You still have to see the evidence that is readily apparent for what it is, instead of dismissing it as theory or somehow not totally logical.

Again with the simple assertions, try two very respected sites.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.pre...-1.5992072
https://www.ancient.eu/Yahweh/

here's a clip from one haaretz

Roughly from the 19th century, biblical scholars began looking at scripture less as records of divine revelations and more as historical and literary documents. This has led, for example, to the so-called “Documentary Hypothesis,” which considers the Torah, the first five books of the Bible, to be a compilation from multiple sources, each produced by different authors with their own beliefs and agendas.
Microscopic magnification (x60) of woolen textile from Timna dyed in red and blue stripes (photo taken with Dino-Lite microscope). Dr. Naama Sukenik, Israel Antiquities Authority

But mysteries remain: where did the YHWH cult originate? Who were the first people to worship him? And how did he end up being the sole deity of a group called Israel, who, as their very name says (in Hebrew), didn’t even start out as a Yahwistic people, but as followers of El, the main god of the Canaanite pantheon?

You really need to get out of your head that you can simply assert things, all evidence points to the Yahweh myth being a minor god and a subordinate to El.

When the Most High [El] gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of men, he fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the Sons of God. For Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage. (Deuteronomy 32:8-9, Masoretic Text).
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(March 4, 2019 at 12:13 pm)MilesAbbott81 Wrote:
(March 4, 2019 at 12:08 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

I'm saying that any text that appears older isn't necessarily older. The oldest manuscripts of the Torah could easily have been copied from older manuscripts extant at the time or passed down by oral tradition, which I already mentioned earlier in the thread. You can't break that argument.

And..... the stones that would seem to be older.... and layed down before those of the culture that created the Abrahamic diety..... Like, oh lets say, the people that inhabited the Nile river system for some EDIT: six or so thousand years?

Just curious to know your point of veiw. Popcorn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 803 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21582 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  On Hell and Forgiveness LadyForCamus 977 92976 October 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: kelseck
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5813 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8907 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 14099 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31871 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 49066 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7233 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist. dyresand 16 5595 April 5, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: dyresand